Everette Brown - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Detroit Lions

Everette Brown

Moderator: Football Moderators

Everette Brown

Postby stomperrob » Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:21 pm

Can he finally live up to expectations??

Jim Schwartz dropped an interesting comparison when he was asked about new Lions defensive end Everette Brown at the NFL owners meetings last week -- Cliff Avril.

"The biggest thing is trying to match players with what you're going to ask them to do, and his talents are unique and I think they fit our scheme very well," Schwartz said. "He reminds me a lot of Cliff Avril a few years ago and I think that if he's going to succeed, he has a very good chance to do it in this scheme -- and he's still a young player, he's still talented."

A third-round pick in 2008, Avril's career has blossomed in the three years since Schwartz took over as Lions coach and installed a defensive system where ends typically play a "wide nine" technique where they line up outside the offensive tackle for better angles to rush the passer.

Avril's sack totals have increased every year, from five as a rookie to 5 1/2 in his second season, 8 1/2 his third and a career-high 11 (with six forced fumbles) last year. He was important enough that the Lions slapped him with the franchise tag this off-season.

Brown, a second-round pick by Carolina in 2009, has just six career sacks and has yet to find his niche in the NFL.

more: http://bleacherreport.com/tb/bfHT5?utm_ ... roit-lions
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 168)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Detroit Lions