Kep Vilma? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to IDP

Kep Vilma?

Kep Vilma?

Postby Stevooo » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:01 am

I keep 6 IDPs, should Vilma be one? With a possible suspension coming as well as NO adding Lofton and Hawthorne at LB. My replacement for him would be Akeem Dent, who is really just a sleeper at this point imo.
I drink because of the 1998 NFC championship game.

12 team big $$$ non PPR league - QB RB RB WR WR TE D K

QB: Rivers
RB: Murray, Matthews, R.Bush, D. Brown
WR: Julio Jones, Colston, VJax, Garcon
TE: Witten, Gresham
K: Kaeding
DST: SEA
Stevooo
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 23)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Kep Vilma?

Postby stomperrob » Wed May 02, 2012 12:19 pm

Stevooo wrote:I keep 6 IDPs, should Vilma be one? With a possible suspension coming as well as NO adding Lofton and Hawthorne at LB. My replacement for him would be Akeem Dent, who is really just a sleeper at this point imo.

It's official - Vilma out for the entire season (he can appeal but I don't like his chances).
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Re: Kep Vilma?

Postby stomperrob » Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:47 pm

New Orleans Saints place LB Jonathan Vilma on physically unable to perform list
09/10/12 5:32PM
Larry Holder, The Times-Picayune

In an expected move, the New Orleans Saints placed previously suspended linebacker Jonathan Vilma on the physically unable to perform list Monday afternoon because of a lingering knee injury This means Vilma will have to sit out at least six games before being eligible to return to the field.

Vilma's season-long suspension connected to the Saints' alleged bounty program was vacated last week by a three-person panel last Friday. Vilma returned to the Saints facility that night and stood on the sidelines during Sunday's 40-32 loss to Washington. He also received a huge ovation from the soldout Mercedes-Benz Superdome crowd on Sunday when he led the pregame "Who Dat" chant on the field.

The Saints originally placed Vilma on the exempt/commissioner's permission list after the suspension was vacated. He wasn't healthy enough to return to the field after dealing a chronic knee injury that forced him to miss five games in 2011.

Vilma rehabbed his knee injury with at the Saints practice facility throughout the offseason until July 3 when his suspension handed down by NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell went into effect after the league denied an appeal.

Little was known about the extent of Vilma's knee injury until Vilma launched his on-going court battle with Goodell and the league. In a span of eight months - beginning in November and stretching into early July - Vilma had three procedures on his left knee, including a relatively obscure, non-intrusive, blood-spinning procedure that Vilma traveled to Germany to have done, according to affidavits filed by Vilma and Saints trainer Scottie Patton in federal court.

con't...

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/20 ... lb_jo.html
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Return to IDP