Los Angeles closer to return to NFL??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Los Angeles closer to return to NFL???

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Los Angeles Vikings???

Postby RKRJ » Sat May 26, 2012 5:44 pm

Football is king in almost every city that has professional football. I have lived in the Detroit area all of my life and no team gets the kind of hype (good or bad) as the Lions, and we have the Red Wings (arguably the most consistent and best franchise in sports for the last 25 years.) The Tigers and Pistons, both who have won more titles than the Lions have won playoff games in the last 50 years (Pistons 3 Tigers 2, Lions 1).

If you took the Saints from New Orleans I have a feeling they would burn that city down, it would make Katrina look like an average rain storm. There really is nothing else to say about the passion that city has for that team.

As far as the Vikings it would be just as bad, I had relatives that have season tickets to the Vikings and they drove the 14 hours + 5 more due to the weather when the Metrodome roof caved in and they moved the game to Ford Field, not to mention the realigning that would have to be done with the Vikings moving that far west. (It might be as simple as switching St. Louis and Minnesota but I don't know). Lastly Minnesota has one NFL franchise, how many NFL franchises does California need. It already has the Chargers, 49ers, and the Raiders.
RKRJ
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Los Angeles Vikings???

Postby stomperrob » Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:27 am

Hmm - Los Angeles Rams has a familiar ring to it :-?

St. Louis turns down Rams' $700 million dome renovation plan
By The Sports Xchange | The SportsXchange – 52 minutes ago

The St. Louis Convention and Visitors Commission on Friday turned down a $700 million proposal by the NFL Rams to renovate the Edward Jones Dome.

"It was expected," said Jeff Rainford, St. Louis Mayor Francis Slay's chief of staff, told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. "I think the Rams probably expected it ... and are preparing for arbitration."

The Rams and the CVC will go into arbitration if they can't make a deal by June 15.

The Rams' lease allows the team to leave the city by 2015 if the dome is not a first-tier facility in 15 areas. Their proposal was a counteroffer to the convention commission's $124 million plan.

Rainford, who said he was against the proposal, said the bid was too expensive and impede the city from booking large conventions during the construction.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/st-louis-t ... --nfl.html
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Re: Los Angeles closer to return to NFL???

Postby stomperrob » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:09 pm

Jerry fuels the fire and keeps the rumor mill going:

Jerry Jones: Two NFL teams could move to Los Angeles
By Dan Hanzus
Around the League Writer
Published: July 24, 2013 at 10:58 p.m.
Updated: July 25, 2013 at 01:59 p.m

Jerry Jones let some intrigue into the room Saturday when he told the assembled media at Dallas Cowboys training camp in Oxnard, Calif., that the prospect of an NFL team in Los Angeles is "closer than ever."

On Wednesday, Jones -- a California native, for the record -- expanded on his thoughts during an interview with NFL Network.

"I feel more imminent about a team being in here, that it's more imminent than any time since we haven't had a team in Los Angeles," Jones said. "And yes, this market is a huge market, it's a little bit of a black eye for all of us to have had this many years and not had an NFL team in Los Angeles.

"The owners don't mess much up ... but we haven't gotten this one right. There's people, there's locations, there are people that are interested, a lot of people that can help us put this thing together. And as it turns out that we have at least two teams ... that could move to this area."

Jones was asked where a prospective team (or two!) would come from.

"There won't be any expansion," he said. "So it will be teams that move."

con't...

more: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... os-angeles
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Previous

Return to Football Talk