Bowe says no

Moderator: Football Moderators

Bowe says no

Postby stomperrob » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:22 pm

Chiefs WR Dwayne Bowe has no plans to sign franchise tag
By Jason La Canfora
NFL Network Insider
Published: April 26, 2012 at 10:31 a.m.

Kansas City Chiefs wideout Dwayne Bowe has no plans to sign his franchise tag soon, a source with knowledge of the situation said Thursday, contrary to an Internet report.

Bowe, like other franchise players who have yet to sign their tags, is hoping to get a long-term deal, but nothing is imminent. The NFL's deadline for franchised players to agree to a long-term contract is July 15.

Bowe would make $9.5 million in 2012 if he signed his franchise tender.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8 ... nchise-tag
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Bowe says no

Postby scottaa1 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:58 pm

Bowe no's football? ;-)
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby stomperrob » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:02 pm

scottaa1 wrote:Bowe no's football? ;-)

Lol, good one - should've have made that the title for this thread! :-b
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:42 pm

stomperrob wrote:
scottaa1 wrote:Bowe no's football? ;-)

Lol, good one - should've have made that the title for this thread! :-b

Pretty sure his agent would title it "If the Bowe says no, you must let go!" :-b

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby stomperrob » Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:45 pm

Update:
Posted on Mon, Jul. 16, 2012 09:56 PM
No deal for Bowe could prove costly
By KENT BABB
The Kansas City Star

Now that this chapter of the ongoing Dwayne Bowe saga is over, it was downright predictable. We should’ve seen it coming.

Bowe, the talented but unusual sixth-year wide receiver, and the Chiefs failed to agree to contract terms by 3 p.m. Monday, the NFL’s deadline to reach a long-term deal with teams’ franchise players. The Chiefs have to wait until after the season to make a deal final, at which point Bowe might just figure he’ll take his chances on the open market — if the Chiefs don’t tag him again, that is.

At some point, Bowe will sign his franchise tender and put on a Chiefs uniform for the 2012 season. It’s either that or sit out the season. But as other NFL players were signing last-minute deals to stay with their teams, bluffs called or folded, Bowe and the Chiefs maintained their stalemate. And now that this chapter is finished, will a future one outline how this day led to Bowe eventually signing with another team?

Monday’s absence of a new deal doesn’t mean Bowe will soon be an ex-Chief. Plenty can happen in the next few months. But this doesn’t help matters, and it sure decreases the odds that, when the Chiefs are ready to contend for a Super Bowl, Bowe, their 2007 first-round pick won’t be around to help.

If that happens, we will look at this past offseason, both sides’ failed negotiations, and point to a period in which stubbornness and self-unawareness fractured an otherwise promising relationship. In that case, there will be blame on both sides.

con't...

more: http://www.kansascity.com/2012/07/16/37 ... -done.html
stomperrob

Postby Wood Chipper » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:15 pm

What an idiot. 9.5 million for one year to show he deserves a big contract is an opportunity and he just passed it up. Somewhere over Dwayne Bowe...
Wooden Icicles PPR (Horse Traders Dynasty)
Wood Chipper
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

CafeholicCafe Writer

Postby Dawinner127 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:37 pm

Wood Chipper wrote:What an idiot. 9.5 million for one year to show he deserves a big contract is an opportunity and he just passed it up. Somewhere over Dwayne Bowe...

I wouldn't call him an idiot because he wants the long-term security. He knows he can make much more money so why play the season and risk a serious injury and lose out on the chance to cash in on that big payday. Since he's been in the league he's been around or over 1000 yards (I think his rookie year he was just under, every other year he has had more) and a consistent threat for the Chiefs. He is 110% outplaying his current rookie contract and deserves to be paid.
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 70)

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:55 am

Dawinner127 wrote:
Wood Chipper wrote:What an idiot. 9.5 million for one year to show he deserves a big contract is an opportunity and he just passed it up. Somewhere over Dwayne Bowe...

I wouldn't call him an idiot because he wants the long-term security. He knows he can make much more money so why play the season and risk a serious injury and lose out on the chance to cash in on that big payday. Since he's been in the league he's been around or over 1000 yards (I think his rookie year he was just under, every other year he has had more) and a consistent threat for the Chiefs. He is 110% outplaying his current rookie contract and deserves to be paid.

I agree. When I see a player play at the level he did it kind of bugs me that the team doesnt reward him for it. Much like Forte if I were him I would say bye bye you had your chance and now I will take a little less just to make sure you dont get my services.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby stomperrob » Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:33 pm

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports unsigned franchise player Dwayne Bowe remains unlikely to sign his tender until just before the start of the regular season.
KMBC Kansas City's Friday report that Bowe was ready to sign his tender has proven thoroughly erroneous. At this point, Bowe is likely to skip the entire preseason. Missing the install of new OC Brian Daboll's system, Bowe will be well behind come Week 1.
Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter Aug 11 - 5:54 PM

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl ... layer-news
stomperrob

Postby stomperrob » Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:25 pm

Chiefs signed franchise player WR Dwayne Bowe to a one-year, $9.515 million contract.
Bowe wound up missing three weeks of training camp. He'll resume practicing and learning Chiefs first-year OC Brian Daboll's offense immediately. A top-20 fantasy receiver in each of his last three healthy seasons, Bowe is reporting with plenty of time for his current mid-sixth round Average Draft Position to rise back up into the fifth-round range. A beastly talent, Bowe should benefit this season from a rejuvenated Kansas City running game forcing defenses to keep eight defenders in the box. Our 2012 fantasy ranking and stat projection for Bowe can be accessed at the below link. Source: Rotoworld WR Rankings Aug 17 - 1:46 PM

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/ ... n-man?rw=1
stomperrob

Return to Football Talk