Roster Expansion for the 2012 season. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Legion of Doom

Roster Expansion for the 2012 season.

Moderators: The_Captain, mutantseabass, Football Moderators

Roster Expansion for the 2012 season.

Postby mutantseabass » Sat May 05, 2012 4:50 pm

I want to get the league majority vote on the roster expansion for the 2012 season. Once we get the roster expansion agreed upon we can proceed with the draft. If we all agree on expansion I would say we just add to this seasons draft to make up for our roster spots.

Please give me your vote on roster expansion, what size you would like to see and when you will ready to draft.

I vote yes on roster expansion.

Vote for 30 man rosters.

I am ready to go for Monday.

Like always we will go with the majority vote.

If we can get this settled this weekend we can start drafting Monday if everyone is ready.

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Roster Expansion for the 2012 season.

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sat May 05, 2012 6:45 pm

mutantseabass wrote:I want to get the league majority vote on the roster expansion for the 2012 season. Once we get the roster expansion agreed upon we can proceed with the draft. If we all agree on expansion I would say we just add to this seasons draft to make up for our roster spots.

Please give me your vote on roster expansion, what size you would like to see and when you will ready to draft.

Vote for 30 man rosters.

I am ready to go for Monday.

Like always we will go with the majority vote.

If we can get this settled this weekend we can start drafting Monday if everyone is ready.

I vote yes on roster expansion. I vote for an increase to 30 man rosters. I'm fine with adding a 5th round to the rookie/FA draft for everyone to get up to 30. I'm ready to draft yesterday. ;-D

On another note, I know Dolfin has been out of town. He's been having me email him with regards to the flex-factor dynasty league, so I emailed him today to let him know about this getting started. ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby mutantseabass » Sat May 05, 2012 7:33 pm

Thanks Paul for getting a hold of dolfin

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sat May 05, 2012 7:41 pm

mutantseabass wrote:Thanks Paul for getting a hold of dolfin

You're welcome! ;-D

flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SeaWolf » Sun May 06, 2012 10:03 am

Increased roster size to 30 is good.

I'm ready to draft, but once everyone checks in, give a week for trades.
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby dream_017 » Mon May 07, 2012 9:25 am

Vote for 30 man rosters.

I am ready to go for anytime.
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 59)

Postby logan » Mon May 07, 2012 10:14 pm

Yes to expansion

30 is fine

ready whenever
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby jayday » Wed May 09, 2012 10:22 am

I vote no on expansion. I just see it as an unnecessary threat to the league's parity. I think the exceptional parity we have is what's held the same group together.

If rosters are expanded to 30, I'm fine with adding the 5th round pick to round out the roster size.

I'm ready to draft whenever.
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Wed May 09, 2012 12:49 pm

jayday wrote:I vote no on expansion. I just see it as an unnecessary threat to the league's parity. I think the exceptional parity we have is what's held the same group together.

I thought the reason why this group has stuck together was the blood oath that MSB & Cappy made us sign before we signed up for the league. ;-7 :-b ;-)

I kinda see your point, but I don't think expanding to 30 will affect the parity. I'm not saying that it can't, but I think there are some other reasons that have given us "the exceptional parity". I think all 10 owners did very good in the initial draft. That was crazy for the 1st few years...all 10 teams within a few games in the standings at the end of the year (unlike last year :~( ). I think another reason is that all of us are pretty damn good at fantasy football (except Cappy ;-7 :-b ;-) ).

The 2 reasons why I voted "yes" for expansion:

1. In dynasty leagues, I like larger rosters so owners can afford to stash a few "sleepers and/or rookies" at the end of the bench. With a 25 man roster, I think that's hard at times.

2. I'm in 2 leagues where the waiver wire is just crap. One is 12 team with 35 man rosters (420 players), and the other is 10 team with 40 man rosters (400 players). After checking out those numbers, I don't think expanding to 30 (300 players) is going to make our waiver wire dry up.

flotsamnjetsam

Postby Dolfin99 » Wed May 09, 2012 2:51 pm

Yes, expand the roster and I am ready to draft whenever. All I ask is that someone sends me an email to the below email address since I don't always get PM notifications since it is a military email. I will remind you all once we get started.

roy.daniel@usmc.mil
Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig.
Dolfin99

EditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Next

Return to Legion of Doom