Roster Expansion for the 2012 season. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Legion of Doom

Roster Expansion for the 2012 season.

Moderators: The_Captain, mutantseabass, Football Moderators

Re: Roster Expansion for the 2012 season.

Postby mutantseabass » Wed May 09, 2012 5:03 pm

Dolfin99 wrote:Yes, expand the roster and I am ready to draft whenever. All I ask is that someone sends me an email to the below email address since I don't always get PM notifications since it is a military email. I will remind you all once we get started.

roy.daniel@usmc.mil

Will do! Good to have you back!

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Flux » Wed May 09, 2012 5:04 pm

expand
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The_Captain » Wed May 09, 2012 5:14 pm

I see your expansion and raise it by 5 players and 1 rounds.

CALL!!! :)

"This is your captain calling--with an urgent warning" - The The
The_Captain
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mutantseabass » Wed May 09, 2012 5:17 pm

The_Captain wrote:I see your expansion and raise it by 5 players and 1 rounds.

CALL!!! :)

Has someone been playing too much poker!?!

mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby jayday » Wed May 09, 2012 11:41 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:I thought the reason why this group has stuck together was the blood oath that MSB & Cappy made us sign before we signed up for the league. ;-7 :-b ;-)

I kinda see your point, but I don't think expanding to 30 will affect the parity. I'm not saying that it can't, but I think there are some other reasons that have given us "the exceptional parity". I think all 10 owners did very good in the initial draft. That was crazy for the 1st few years...all 10 teams within a few games in the standings at the end of the year (unlike last year :~( ). I think another reason is that all of us are pretty damn good at fantasy football (except Cappy ;-7 :-b ;-) ).

The 2 reasons why I voted "yes" for expansion:

1. In dynasty leagues, I like larger rosters so owners can afford to stash a few "sleepers and/or rookies" at the end of the bench. With a 25 man roster, I think that's hard at times.

2. I'm in 2 leagues where the waiver wire is just crap. One is 12 team with 35 man rosters (420 players), and the other is 10 team with 40 man rosters (400 players). After checking out those numbers, I don't think expanding to 30 (300 players) is going to make our waiver wire dry up.

It's all good. I understand the reasons. It will be nice to be able to hold on to a few more "projects" for the future. If we didn't have a solid group, I'd be more worried.

You have to remember, after more than 2 decades of being a Bengals fan, I've contracted "small market AIDS" and am almost paranoid about inequality getting out of hand. I blame Mike Brown and his lone "nay" in so many 31-1 league votes.
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby Santacruzer » Fri May 11, 2012 12:06 am

I think the majority has already ruled, but I vote yes for the expansion.

I would hope that whatever loss in FA options is gained by trades. I would like to see more trades in this league.
Santacruzer
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Postby mutantseabass » Sun May 20, 2012 7:08 am

Rosters will be expanded to 30 this season. There will be an extra pick this year in the draft for all. If you don't have enough picks to make the 30 man roster, free agency will be set to open immediately after the draft.

mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Previous

Return to Legion of Doom