2012 Threads - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Defunct Dynasty League

2012 Threads

Moderators: flotsamnjetsam, dream_017, WaCougMBS, Football Moderators

2011 Rule Changes, etc.

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Tue May 17, 2011 2:58 pm

I didn't look through the entire commentary thread, but these 2 things were brought up last year:

1. 48 hours for winning bids instead of 24
2. Make the flex RB/WR/TE instead of RB/WR

One thing that wasn't brought up, but I thought about last year, was something regarding bidding on players that you drop. This had never happened before. I think it's OK to bid on a player that you dropped, but I think we should make a rule stating that if you drop a player, and then bidding begins on that player, the owner who dropped the player can only win with a bid equal to or greater than the original contract. Otherwise, it can turn into a way to try and manipulate the salary cap. Thoughts? :-?

I'll go through the commentary thread when I have a chance (to see if more rule changes were proposed), but feel free to discuss or bring up any other possible changes. ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: 2011 Owners' Meetings - rule changes, etc.

Postby WaCougMBS » Thu May 19, 2011 12:44 am

Looks like those first two things were voted on and passed 11-0 and 11-1, respectively (I have archived the voting threads in the process of cleaning things up) ;-D
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby FantasyMan13 » Thu May 19, 2011 4:04 pm

A few things off the top of my head...

1. Not sure on the specifics of how it would work, but I think we should so something about front loading contracts. I don't know how you guys feel about it but would like to see it discussed.
2. Can we re-write the rules to make them less confusing and more accessible? I would gladly do it...
3. Another round to the rookie draft?

Let's get some good discussion goin ;-D
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 40)

Postby FantasyMan13 » Thu May 19, 2011 4:12 pm

a few more thoughts...

We should set a deadline for owners to check in by before we start looking for replacements.
Do away with the AFT? It's already pretty easy to get out of a contract.
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby dream_017 » Fri May 20, 2011 8:43 am

FantasyMan13 wrote:A few things off the top of my head...

;-D

FantasyMan13 wrote:1. Not sure on the specifics of how it would work, but I think we should so something about front loading contracts. I don't know how you guys feel about it but would like to see it discussed.

Reason?
You have the option to set up your teams structure how you would like - some teams front load and some back load. With the cap you can only front load or backload a certain amount without getting into trouble. You need to make that balance so that you can compete in the present and be able to not be hurt in the future.

FantasyMan13 wrote:2. Can we re-write the rules to make them less confusing and more accessible? I would gladly do it...

Re-write? There is a bit of complexity to this league and I think we have done a very good job in addressing issue that arise (not everything is going to be able to be fit within the rules). There have been little unforseen things pop up each year, but I think they have been handled within the posted rules(then they are updated as needed). Let me know what is confusing and we can clarify.
FantasyMan13 wrote:3. Another round to the rookie draft?

Not a fan and would vote against it - but if the 75% majority approve we can have a go. Thinking back many late round rookies are cut. Once there is a selection that player needs to be offered a contract.
Let's get some good discussion goin ;-D[/quote]
;-D

FantasyMan13 wrote:a few more thoughts...

We should set a deadline for owners to check in by before we start looking for replacements.

We do ;-D
FantasyMan13 wrote:Do away with the AFT?

Reasons. I think it helps for those injury/retirement situations not having to pay 1/2 the contract against the cap. Again if we get enough vote to pass - fine by me.
FantasyMan13 wrote:It's already pretty easy to get out of a contract.
Think this and the following years it is going to get a little more competitve for free agents and you will have to pay attention to your cap more. Many of the original draft players are going to be ending their 4-5 year contracts. In order to re-sign them you have to pay a top amount so more money will be tied up or they will hit free agnecy and those that have managed their cap well will have a chance at those players. I think it will be interesting to see how the league starts to shift now. I guess I didn't really address easy to get out of a contract - not exactly sure that is the case. You take a decent hit in the off-season and within the season the last few weeks it is pretty difficult to drop a larger contract.
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 60)

Contract distribution

Postby dream_017 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:21 am

Please vote - this rule will take effect for this year(as of when it is passed) - if there is not a 75% consensus - it will be re-voted with the remaining options
If limit - please post you thoughts and we can vote on limit once this poll is passed ;-D
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 60)

Re: Contract distribution

Postby SeaWolf » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:55 am

I agree with most of the posts I have read in the League Discussion thread. Someone should not be allowed to put most of the contract on the final year then cut that player before that money is owed without a penalty. If I had to put a number on it, I would say Cap at 50%.
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:28 am

I voted for % limit for backloading. Not sure about the %, but it looks like we'll vote on that if this poll passes. ;-D

Also, if this passes, we'll need to reset or start over the bidding on Bradshaw. Currently, I'm using the NTC on Bradshaw (which it looks like we won't be allowed to do), and Toltec has a backloaded bid on him that pays him $45million in year 5 (more than half the $88million cap).

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby Toltec » Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:09 am

10 of 12. Over 75%. Looks like this passed regardless of the next two votes. So lets restart some auctions, get a % limit for backloading contracts, and get rolling.
Toltec
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 1)

Postby FantasyMan13 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:50 pm

So what's goin on with this?
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Defunct Dynasty League