New Keeper Commish Question - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Beginner's Forum

New Keeper Commish Question

Moderator: Football Moderators

New Keeper Commish Question

Postby monkiesatemybaby » Sun May 13, 2012 6:36 am

This is the first year I'll be running a league with keepers from last year. I'm allowing 1-3 keepers which replace picks in rounds 1-3 respectively. Trying to decide if I should base draft order on keeper status somehow or just leave it random. Any thoughts?
sig by abrunn11 da bomb
Believe it or not...the choice is yours
monkiesatemybaby
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: New Keeper Commish Question

Postby Perfectibilist » Sun May 13, 2012 3:27 pm

I personally would do reverse order of last years standings, but you could do random. I don't think keepers should have anything to do with the order since you can already influence the draft by keeping fewer than 3.
Thanks to Freyaka for the sig!
Perfectibilist
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Postby monkiesatemybaby » Sun May 13, 2012 8:24 pm

I like the reverse order idea... Thx (Un)fortunately gets me a pick in the top half lol
sig by abrunn11 da bomb
monkiesatemybaby
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Big Bang » Mon May 14, 2012 5:17 am

I usually run the reverse order as well. However, last year we tried something that was a little interesting. In reverse order of last years standings, we allowed the player in question to pick his draft spot. For example, last years last place could chose to take the last pick of the 1st round, or he could chose to draft first, or 5th, so on. After him we allowed 11th place, 10th, 9th, and so on until 1st was left with whatever draft position was left. It allows the lower ranked players to better suit their strategy from year to year. That's the idea anyway.
Big Bang
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Mr.Joshua » Wed May 16, 2012 1:04 pm

Big Bang wrote:I usually run the reverse order as well. However, last year we tried something that was a little interesting. In reverse order of last years standings, we allowed the player in question to pick his draft spot. For example, last years last place could chose to take the last pick of the 1st round, or he could chose to draft first, or 5th, so on. After him we allowed 11th place, 10th, 9th, and so on until 1st was left with whatever draft position was left. It allows the lower ranked players to better suit their strategy from year to year. That's the idea anyway.

I likes it...alot
Wilson
Forte,Morris,Ivory,B.Brown,M.Christine,B.Bolden
Cobb,VJax,DeSean,M.Floyd,L.Moore
V.Davis
Posluszny
M.Bryant
Colts
Mr.Joshua
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 210)

Postby monkiesatemybaby » Wed May 16, 2012 2:50 pm

Ii like that too. Im giving them until the end of June to commit, so that should still give me plenty of time to do something like that.
sig by abrunn11 da bomb
monkiesatemybaby
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby murphysxm » Fri May 18, 2012 9:58 pm

I like reverse order and picking spots; however year one, without precedent, you should go random. Update rules how you like for next year.
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 212)

Postby monkiesatemybaby » Sat May 19, 2012 5:57 am

Good point. Im already adding an IR slot and changing the flex from rb/wr to r/w/t which is probably enough witchcraft considering we had several ff virgins last year (one of whom won the championship while i missed the playoffs by a tie-breaker grrrrr jamaal)
sig by abrunn11 da bomb
monkiesatemybaby
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Indibuck » Sat May 19, 2012 3:09 pm

Reverse order of finish is how we do our keeper league draft order.

The best advice I can try to give is, as commissioner, to SPELL OUT the rules so there are no hurt feelings later on. Have a rule about how to change league settings, whether it is by simple majority vote, 2/3 consensus, or only you as commish making changes yearly.

It's a pain in the *** to be a commish... it's a thankless job, usually with no compensation for sometimes taking a lot of flak from your leaguemates. But someone has to do it. Again, spell out the rules and be consistent with your rulings.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 157)

Return to Beginner's Forum