Cafe Question - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Cafe Question

Moderator: Football Moderators

Cafe Question

Postby Big Bang » Mon May 14, 2012 6:00 am

I know this probably belongs in another thread, but I'm not exactly sure where it goes. I was just wondering how old does my account need to be/ how how many posts are needed to be allowed to post images from imageshack. I've made a sig for a cafe member, and i'd like to post it. However, my post is "to spammy" for a new user. I was just wondering when I can expect to be able to have that tag removed from me. Sigs use to be a very amusing activity for me and i'd love to get back into them! Any help would be awesome! Thanks!
Big Bang
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Cafe Question

Postby scottaa1 » Mon May 14, 2012 7:38 am

Hello. Welcome to the Cafe! There are indeed a couple controls around new accounts. I believe it is five posts and three days before a new account can post links. Looks like you just registered yesterday so it'll be another couple days before it'll let you post links. If you'd like, you can try to PM me the link (not sure if it'll allow that, I haven't been a new user in quite a while) and I can forward it to Sea Wolf (I think that's who you did the sig for).
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby Big Bang » Mon May 14, 2012 9:05 am

Yep. That's correct. It's funny, I actually had an account here a LONG time ago, and made a few sigs here and there. I actually remade an account to get back in touch with people in the football world, not many football fans around me these days, and to make a sig or two. Twas pretty sad when I got "spammy" :~( . I understand the idea though. I'll try and send you the link.
Big Bang
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Big Bang » Mon May 14, 2012 9:10 am

Nope, no dice. I guess I'll just need to wait a few days. Nothing like building some suspense for my "great unveiling!" :-o
Big Bang
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby m16a » Mon May 14, 2012 12:16 pm

Big Bang wrote:Nope, no dice. I guess I'll just need to wait a few days. Nothing like building some suspense for my "great unveiling!" :-o

Just have some patience. The protection against new members posting links is to prevent spambots from signing up, posting potentially dangerous links in their first (and often only) post and then departing. It should be after a few days, and I'm sure you'll be willing to stick around. We've got a great community here. Welcome to the Cafe. ;-D
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby Big Bang » Mon May 14, 2012 12:35 pm

I get the idea. I've run a forum (not quite as popular) in the past. Nothing more painful then finding 15 new members who only want to tell you about their magic pill that will do things to you ...
Big Bang
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby scottaa1 » Mon May 14, 2012 2:05 pm

Big Bang wrote:Yep. That's correct. It's funny, I actually had an account here a LONG time ago, and made a few sigs here and there.

Yeah you seemed a little familiar with the Cafe for being 'brand new' so I checked and saw 1000+ posts from your IP address from an account last used in 2008. That doesn't necessarily mean it's the same person, but I was going to ask if you had a previous account and just needed a password reset or something. But then I had to go to wallyworld, then the grocery, then home, then back to wallyworld, etc., and you figured it out in the meantime. ;-D

Welcome back. Speaking of sigs, mine's a little out of date... ;-)
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby Big Bang » Mon May 14, 2012 7:47 pm

I have an old account under "thatonepoorkid." A little bit of a silly name, and a little outdated as I created it as a freshman year in high school, 2003 I think. I don't mind grabbing a new name ;-D

I'm always willing to make a sig, just let me know what you'd like. I just started a third shift job, so my days are always slow up until later in the day.
Big Bang
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby murphysxm » Tue May 15, 2012 3:19 pm

scottaa1 wrote:
Big Bang wrote:
Welcome back. Speaking of sigs, mine's a little out of date... ;-)

hey no fair, I just asked for a Colts sig also....
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 212)

Return to General Talk