Kenny Britt - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Kenny Britt

Moderator: Football Moderators

Kenny Britt

Postby murphysxm » Mon May 14, 2012 8:33 am

This can't be good news......

Titans coach Mike Munchak suggested Sunday that Kenny Britt may need another surgery on his right knee.

He seems to be high on everybody's list early this year, this just reinforces why I am a little leery to take a gamble on him.
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 212)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Kenny Britt

Postby Big Bang » Mon May 14, 2012 9:50 am

I'll avoid this like the plague to be honest. Unless I can get an amazing value on him in my draft, I can't see him being worth a pick. The guy is incredible, underrated at very least. However, you know the Titans are itching to get Locker in their sooner or later. Young QB + injured WR = well ... not good. CJ should run this offense again this year.

Outside the fantasy world, its hard to see a guy like this struggling with injuries. The AFC South should be interesting this year, and I want to see everyone at their best! Except Jacksonville ... not such a big fan of them.
Big Bang
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby murphysxm » Wed May 16, 2012 1:52 pm

Looks like it is official

Kenny Britt is undergoing a second surgery on his right knee Wednesday.
Britt initially had his right ACL and MCL reconstructed early last October, so this is his second surgery in just over seven months. Beat writer Jim Wyatt cautions that the latest operation is "arthroscopic," and Britt only had a "minor issue" in his recovery. It still hints at a setback. While Britt possesses dominant talent, the stability of his knee may be the biggest obstacle standing in the way of Britt reaching his potential. GM Ruston Webster called the second surgery "commonplace," and "hopes" Britt will be back for Week 1.
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby stomperrob » Thu May 17, 2012 2:32 pm

Tennessee Titans' Kenny Britt has surgery to speed up return
9:16 PM, May. 16, 2012

Britt, who suffered a torn ACL and MCL in September, had been experiencing swelling in his knee. Doctors decided to “clean it up,” said Webster, who added that Britt probably would be set back only a week or two.

“It is not one of those things, ‘wow, oh no, he is having surgery,’ ” Webster said. “It is very common, and if it helps his rehab process and all that, it is well worth doing. And our goal is to have (Britt) play this year. It will be helpful to him, I think, and probably accelerate his rehab.”

Webster, speaking at the Comcast Spotlight Sports Speakers Series at Millennium Maxwell House Hotel, said Britt ran well in recent days during workouts at Baptist Sports Park. But Britt had continued to experience swelling.

“Everything is going well,” Britt said last week. “The only thing I had a problem with is when my knee started swelling. I didn’t know it would do that, and it kind of worried me. It was actually the low point of all this. But ... it kind of comes with the territory. I am still confident with the knee.”

con't...

more: http://www.tennessean.com/article/20120 ... e%20Titans
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby stomperrob » Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Hmm...

Tennessee Titans' Kenny Britt has surgery on other knee
Coaches hope he'll be ready to go by Sept. 9 season opener
12:15 AM, Jul 18, 2012
Written by
Jim Wyatt
The Tennessean

Tennessee Titans receiver Kenny Britt recently had another knee surgery — this time on his left knee.

The procedure took place after the team’s minicamp at the end of June, sources familiar with the situation said. He’s been rehabbing the knee at Baptist Sports Park.

Britt has had two surgeries on his right knee since tearing his ACL and MCL in a game on Sept. 25, 2011. His most recent “clean-out” procedure on the right knee came in May after he experienced discomfort and swelling.

After examining Britt at the end of June, doctors also decided it would be best for him to have arthroscopic surgery on the left knee after he experienced swelling.

It’s yet another setback for Britt, who the Titans still hope will be available for the season opener against the Patriots on Sept. 9 at LP Field. The most recent procedure, paired with his troubles with the right knee, could lead to Britt beginning training camp on the physically unable to perform list.

Britt began running and cutting in June after arthroscopic surgery on his right knee. Earlier, he’d been forced to slow down his rehab after swelling occurred in the days following his workouts. In recent days, Britt has been working with trainers at Baptist Sports Park after his most recent surgery.

con't...

more: http://www.tennessean.com/article/20120 ... e%20Titans
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby murphysxm » Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:29 pm

not touching this guy with a 10 foot pole
murphysxm

Postby Mr.Joshua » Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:19 pm

depending on how everyones drafts play out... if you need a 3rd wr, its worth the risk to me.
Wilson
Forte,Morris,Ivory,B.Brown,M.Christine,B.Bolden
Cobb,VJax,DeSean,M.Floyd,L.Moore
V.Davis
Posluszny
M.Bryant
Colts
Mr.Joshua
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 210)

Postby petedog9 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:25 am

That 10 foot pole is getting longer... :-t

Per Roto:

Kenny Britt has been arrested for driving under the influence, according to WUZ Radio in Nashville.
Britt and teammate Tommie Campbell were reportedly with a female soldier when they tried to enter Fort Campbell, which is just north of the Tennessee/Kentucky border. Their vehicle was stopped at the gate and the police were presumably called. We'll wait for more details, but this almost certainly won't end well for Britt. He's already had seven incidents involving police since coming into the league in 2009 and was arrested three times alone last offseason. He only avoided suspension due to the lockout. We've already moved Britt down our draft board due to his knee woes and now the strong possibility of a suspension looms. Rookie Kendall Wright continues to trend up. Source: Paul Kuharsky on Twitter Jul 20 - 11:16 AM.
petedog9
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby LMack » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:49 am

In Fantasy Crime Leagues, Britt remains a top option: surgery or no surgery.
LMack
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 32)

Postby scottaa1 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:02 pm

I think we could easily fill a fantasy team with all the guys who got DUI's or some other form of trouble this offseason.

Seven incidents involving police since coming into the league in 2009. Wow. I guess if he wants to set a record, he could set the record for arrests and suspensions.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Next

Return to Football Talk