Kenny Britt

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Kenny Britt

Postby stomperrob » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:59 pm

Tennessee Titans' Kenny Britt could play late in preseason
10:46 PM, Aug 13, 2012
Written by John Glennon
The Tennessean

Is there really a chance Titans wide receiver Kenny Britt could play in the final preseason game?

Coach Mike Munchak seemed to waver on the answer to that question on Monday.

Britt remains on the physically unable to perform list with a knee injury, and he has been working on his own with trainers for several weeks.

The preseason finale is Aug. 30 against the Saints at LP Field.

“He’s progressing, doing more and more every day, and the knee has been holding up well,” Munchak said. “We’ll see where he’s at next week and … maybe the last game, you start wondering how he’s doing. But that could change day to day, so you don’t want to get too far ahead of yourself."

con't...

more: http://www.tennessean.com/article/20120 ... e%20Titans
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby saemick » Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:14 pm

still not going anywhere near him unless he falls to something like double-digit rounds. don't need the headache
saemick
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 1)

Postby petedog9 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:48 pm

I was able to grab him in the 3rd to last round of our draft. (Round 16) Right before my Defense and Kicker.
petedog9
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby petedog9 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:08 am

Kenny Britt (knee surgeries) was spotted running routes and catching balls following Wednesday's practice.
Britt is on active/PUP, meaning he can't work out with the team. But his twice surgically-repaired right knee is holding up well as he makes cuts. When asked when he would return to practice, Britt said, "sooner than you think."
petedog9
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby stomperrob » Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:27 pm

ESPN's Adam Schefter says Kenny Britt could end up with a "short suspension."
Britt has been arrested eight times since entering the NFL in 2009, but other than his recent DUI most of the charges have been relatively tame. "Doesn't sound like it's going to be as significant as it could've been," Schefter said on SportsCenter. With Britt working his knee back into shape and a mere 1-3 game suspension now seeming likely, he should start climbing back up draft boards. We know Britt has other-worldly talent when on the field. Source: Evan Silva on Twitter Aug 17 - 12:05 PM

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/ ... n-man?rw=1
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby stomperrob » Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:46 am

Good news for fantasy owners:

Tennessee Titans' Kenny Britt relieved suspension is only one game
Eighth legal issue meant punishment for Titans receiver
12:57 AM, Aug 31, 2012
Written by Jim Wyatt
The Tennessean

Kenny Britt said NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell showed mercy on him.

And for that, Britt and the Titans sounded thankful.

The NFL on Thursday suspended the oft-troubled wide receiver for one game after repeated violations of the league’s personal conduct policy. It came nearly three and a half weeks after Britt was summoned to New York to meet with Goodell for the second time in a year.

“It is actually a gift from God that it is only a week,” Britt said after the Titans beat the Saints 10-6 at LP Field on Thursday. “I am just happy that God spoke to (Goodell) and put the right thing in his heart, and we move forward. … I just have to take it on the chin, and that is what I am doing.”

The Titans confirmed the suspension, which will keep Britt out of the Sept. 9 season opener against New England. He will be eligible to return for the Sept. 16 game at San Diego.

Britt said he does not plan to appeal. He will be docked $44,411.76, or one-seventeenth of his $755,000 base salary this season. The Titans will designate Britt as Reserve/Suspended so he will not count against the 53-man roster for the first week.

con't...

more: http://www.tennessean.com/article/20120 ... ext|Sports Tennessee Titans
stomperrob

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:12 am

I took a chance on him in a money league as my #4 WR. I knew he would be suspended but thought it would only help him get to 100%. Im very happy with one game ;-D
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby stomperrob » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:33 am

Kenny Britt played 37 snaps before leaving Sunday's overtime win with a minor ankle injury.
That's nearly double the 19 snaps Britt played in Week 2. Although the injury put a minor damper on his six-catch, 55-yard performance, all indications are Britt should be fine for Week 4, and likely in for an even bigger workload. His fantasy stock is rapidly rising.
Source: Nashville Tennessean
Sep 24 - 10:57 AM

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl ... layer-news
stomperrob

Postby Stelly » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:01 am

What are you guys doing with Kenny Britt? Still keeping on your roster or cutting bait? There are some better short term options on my waiver wire (James Jones), but I feel like Britt is too talented to drop. But he just isnt producing (I know he's hurt).
10-Team, non-PPR

QB:
RB: R. Rice, CJ Spiller
WR: AJ Green
K:
Def:
Stelly
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Cuffs » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:12 pm

I guess it depends if you have roster room to spare. I'm keeping him, but in a 12 team league with 6 bench spots, I can afford to. I'm holding on to him, hoping he has a stretch of a few decent games with one or two monsters sprinkled in, then I'm looking to trade him before he gets injured again.

I'd be shocked if Britt doesn't have some big games this year. No matter which QB limps out there for the Titans, Britt has the size and athleticism to go up and get the ball. They're going to throw it his way, and he's going to pull enough of them in to have value when he plays. Plus the Titans running game looks so inept, and they are getting behind so often in games, that they are going to be throwing it a lot.
Cuffs
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 35)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk