what do people like about IDP formats? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to IDP

what do people like about IDP formats?

Re: what do people like about IDP formats?

Postby yualreadyknow » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:39 pm

My opinion might vary from the others.

I played team D for a while and it was okay but I actually got tired of "all or die" with them. When I was invited to play IDP and found that I could pick defensive players individually, I was hooked. I'm one of the stats guys. I love the X's and O's of the game and it is a whole other strategic challenge to play D guys and play matchups too. I won another championship in this league and the IDP guys played a big part, especially the LBs and the DEs.

Once you play IDP, the Standard will be a thing of the past. Guaranteed!
< Don't ask. Yu Already Know >
yualreadyknow
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby hooligan1 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:02 pm

I simply enjoy the variation. Having more to do and keep track of is more fun for me, for some reason. Having done IDP's for several years now, to me, not having IDP's would be like playing fantasy baseball, but without pitchers. It's just not complete.
Hooligan1
hooligan1
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SirGrotius » Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:16 pm

I like it, don't love it. I find Team Defense a little plebeian, but IDP adds only a little, not too much, IMO.

[*]Best thing about it, is it attracts more serious, knowledgeable players
[*]I don't like that my best IDP players are often on bad teams. This is especially true of linebackers and safeties, who are either tackling every five seconds because their defense is always playing or making plays because the CB coverage is broken
[*]There's not a ton of variation between players. I play in a small league, and basically, everyone ranks the IDPs by projected points and takes best available. That's all there is to it. Typically, there's one great guy (think Patrick Willis) but then the guys right behind him are also awesome and over the course of the year the differential will be like 5 points, no joke
[*]The scoring gets a little silly...sacks and interceptions have huge point values, often, because otherwise DL and DB would be worthless relative to LB

On a positive note, it does allow more stats to follow!
10 rushing yards - 1 pt
10 receiving yards - 1 pt
20 passing yards - 1 pt
All TDs - 6 pts (QBs favored)
SirGrotius
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 2)

Postby T-Lo » Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:06 pm

I like strategy and stats which brought me to FF in the first place.

IDP means more of both of those. It is a lot more work though.
T-Lo
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 75)

Postby Quackman » Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:50 pm

yualreadyknow wrote:My opinion might vary from the others.

I played team D for a while and it was okay but I actually got tired of "all or die" with them. When I was invited to play IDP and found that I could pick defensive players individually, I was hooked. I'm one of the stats guys. I love the X's and O's of the game and it is a whole other strategic challenge to play D guys and play matchups too. I won another championship in this league and the IDP guys played a big part, especially the LBs and the DEs.

Once you play IDP, the Standard will be a thing of the past. Guaranteed!

If fantasy baseball is like chess and fantasy football is like checkers,,,IDP elevates fantasy football to chinese checkers. you get the point.
Quackman
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 16)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to IDP