WR Keeper Hell - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

WR Keeper Hell

Moderator: Football Moderators

WR Keeper Hell

Postby JimmyKerrigan » Tue May 15, 2012 1:43 am

So, here's my situation. I won my fantasy keeper league for the first time in 11 seasons but now I have an utter glut of talent at WR and I can only keep two or three of them.

When you look at my roster a few things will jump out at you so let me save you some time. Yes, I know my kicker is retiring. Yes, Darren Sproles is a puzzling choice when Marshawn Lynch is on my roster (not shown) but our league is PPR and 20APY per point. LeSean and Darren are designed for this league, it's kind of terrifying. I drafted Kenny Britt and he was a manimal until he got hurt. I dragged his ass with me so some chump in our league couldn't pick him up and then keep him for free. Gonna cost you a pick, pal!

Here are my keepers:

QB: Drew Brees
WR:
WR:
RB: LeSean McCoy
RB: Darren Sproles
TE: Tony Gonzalez
K: John Kasay
DEF: San Francisco
FLEX:

WRs on Roster:
Marques Colston
Steve Smith (Carolina)
Jordy Nelson
Victor Cruz
Dez Bryant
DeSean Jackson - X
Kenny Britt - X

WHAT THE HELL DO I DO?! I plan on keeping 3 of them. I absolutely adore Colston, he has been a pillar of Dan's Ninjas for what seems like his entire career. I sure did love starting him as a TE his entire rookie season, thanks Yahoo! The only real guys not listed here with potential keeper status are Marshawn (not happening) and Tony Romo (and I can draft his replacement way easier than I can any of these wideouts.)

I don't remember what the X's are for but I think those were two guys I decided not to keep. I guess with this many football players a lot will come down to which 1 or 2 get injured next season and whether I dodge that bullet or not.

I get sick looking at it... Thank god I don't have to submit keepers until August. Isn't it awful that I'm crossing my finger for someone to go ACL on me?
JimmyKerrigan
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: WR Keeper Hell

Postby Mr.Joshua » Tue May 15, 2012 5:21 am

Nice squad ;-D If its my team, Im keeping Jordy, Cruz and Dez. Colston is aging, lots of knee operations and all of the ?'s this year that come along with the Saints. Smitty I love, stole him last year in like the 9th. But age and all of the rushing td's that the team will score leaves him out. These aren't the biggest concerns I know, but they are enough to make me lean towards the other 3 that are entering their prime. Good luck.
Wilson
Forte,Morris,Ivory,B.Brown,M.Christine,B.Bolden
Cobb,VJax,DeSean,M.Floyd,L.Moore
V.Davis
Posluszny
M.Bryant
Colts
Mr.Joshua
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 210)

Postby Dolfan19 » Tue May 15, 2012 6:05 am

Mr.Joshua wrote:Nice squad ;-D If its my team, Im keeping Jordy, Cruz and Dez. Colston is aging, lots of knee operations and all of the ?'s this year that come along with the Saints. Smitty I love, stole him last year in like the 9th. But age and all of the rushing td's that the team will score leaves him out. These aren't the biggest concerns I know, but they are enough to make me lean towards the other 3 that are entering their prime. Good luck.

sucks you can't keep more, but this is what i would do also.
Dolfan19
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 53)

Postby Perfectibilist » Tue May 15, 2012 6:09 am

I also agree with keeping Dez, Cruz and Nelson. That's a pretty stacked young WR squad that you can use as your keepers for the next 5+ yrs.
Thanks to Freyaka for the sig!
Perfectibilist
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Postby murphysxm » Tue May 15, 2012 8:20 am

Can you do off season trades? I would think a combo trade of Lynch and one of your good WR's would net you a great WR. However, based on your existing roster, I completely agree with the others.
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 212)

Postby TruNinerFan » Tue May 15, 2012 8:33 am

Perfectibilist wrote:I also agree with keeping Dez, Cruz and Nelson. That's a pretty stacked young WR squad that you can use as your keepers for the next 5+ yrs.

i agree with this. I think that Dez is going to explode this year. Also, Cruz and Nelson are rock solid.

thanks to Franchise Fan for the sig!!!!!
TruNinerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 156)

Postby Stevooo » Tue May 15, 2012 8:46 am

Colston, Cruz and Nelson. Apparently I'm one of the few people that still are not high on Dez. Colston has the better offense and qb.
I drink because of the 1998 NFC championship game.

12 team big $$$ non PPR league - QB RB RB WR WR TE D K

QB: Rivers
RB: Murray, Matthews, R.Bush, D. Brown
WR: Julio Jones, Colston, VJax, Garcon
TE: Witten, Gresham
K: Kaeding
DST: SEA
Stevooo
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 23)

Postby BurritoBoy » Tue May 15, 2012 9:34 am

JimmyKerrigan wrote:I get sick looking at it... Thank god I don't have to submit keepers until August. Isn't it awful that I'm crossing my finger for someone to go ACL on me?

Love that line. In all my keeper leagues I have this type of problem, not to the magnitude of having so many good WRs, but I always keep an open ear to any news of major injuries. You never really want someone to suffer such a devastating injury, but it makes the decision a hell of a lot easier! haha. I would probably keep Cruz, Nelson, and Dez. I been waiting for 2 years for Dez to break out, if he doesn't this year I'd be pissed. Yeah Britt was a total monster 2 years ago, and pre-injury last year. If he has a good camp and reports are that he's back to full strength and all that, then I'd go with him over Dez. We know how good Kenny can be, we've seen it. Dez is all speculation with flashes of brilliance. As a cowboys fan, I trust Britt more than Dez.
BurritoBoy Beginner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 12)

Postby BurritoBoy » Tue May 15, 2012 9:37 am

Of course as soon as I say that I see this on PFT

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... for-britt/

So in that case, Dez over Britt
BurritoBoy Beginner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 12)

Postby Indibuck » Tue May 15, 2012 12:34 pm

murphysxm wrote:Can you do off season trades? I would think a combo trade of Lynch and one of your good WR's would net you a great WR.

This. Offer Lynch and their pick of your WRs for an elite WR.

If you can't make a deal, I would keep Smith, Nelson, and Cruz. I love Colston and wouldn't blame you for picking him over Smith, but I like Smith a little more. I'm not on the Dez bandwagon... maybe he ends up finally getting it this year, but his inconsistent play and off-the-field incidents keep me passing on the guy.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 157)

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions