WR Keeper Hell - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

WR Keeper Hell

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: WR Keeper Hell

Postby JimmyKerrigan » Tue May 15, 2012 1:33 pm

Thanks guys. Very helpful insights. The only thing that worries me about Jordy is that there are so many talented wideouts on Green Bay that it might be someone else's turn. Also his schtick last year was to have 3 catches for 21 yards going in to the fourth quarter where he would catch a 67 yard bomb for a TD that completely changed his performance.

Then again how can you argue with 15 TDs, an elite offense, and the fact that DBs think he's slow because he's white. I drafted both Dez and Colston and they have been instrumental in building a championship roster but one shouldn't make fantasy decisions based on nostalgia.

The only off season trades that are allowed are post keeper. This is to prevent exactly what y'all are suggesting. I would hate to see the talent-laden champion trade that in for even better keepers while one team gets exclusive access to my spoils. I traded Stafford for Lynch and Steve Smith and Romo near the trade deadline and am realizing I might not have needed to do that, but it's possible that is what won me the championship.

Had a party this weekend and one of the league members had the gall to insist the 4 guys I cut won't all go in the first round. I think even beast mode is going in the first round.

Steve Smith is too old, right? And too much madness in the red zone.

Kenny Britt is a monster but that knee procedure link is scary and I guess their QB situation will change. When Britt was on fire it was Hasselbeck who was feeding him the rock, not Locker.

Dez is a headache but my phone auto-corrects his name to sex Bryant and that's become his nickname in our league because his potential is what we all dream of in a wideout.

Colston had magnets in his hands. It's also a game changer when Brees and him hook up for a TD.

Victor Cruz was tied for waiver wire pick up of the year. I got Jordy Nelson after the week 1 Saints game because our league doesn't put guys on waivers until10am on Sundays. Lovely little fluke for thursday, Saturday, and thanksgiving day pickups. Also, I had Steve Smith on the Giants when he was catching 100+ balls a season and we saw that fall off a cliff.

Buh... I'll have to revisit this thread over the summer and pay attention to camps and pre-season. I would be so annoyed if Dez has his magical third WR season on someone else's roster after I drafted him and kept him through some serious garbage behaviour. Who is that guys accountant? How do you end up owing hundreds of thousands of dollars to a jewelry store? It's shit like that that worries me I'm gonna have another Broncos New Years Eve nightmare that gives the guy an anxiety disorder and torpedoes his potential and career.

But yeah, I wanna draft Marshall...
JimmyKerrigan
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Alcoholocaust » Tue May 15, 2012 9:38 pm

I differ from some of the suggestions but here is my humble two cents....

Marques Colston: Since this is a keeper league his age is the only reason why I wouldnt keep him

Steve Smith (Carolina): likewise for Smith, and his seasons are kind of erratic

Jordy Nelson: tempting but he is a known threat now, and likely not going to have a repeat of last year. Plus Jennings got hurt which helped him and Jennings is still Rodgers favorite target.

Victor Cruz: keep him, a beast and young and he has Nicks to help take some of the coverage off him

Dez Bryant: likewise with Dez. Laurent vultured some TD's but he is now gone.

DeSean Jackson - X: Just never a fan of this guy. The others have more potential

Kenny Britt - X: Britt can be a top tier WR if he stays healthy. He is young and just gonna get better.

Verdict: Britt, Bryant and Cruz
Alcoholocaust
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby JimmyKerrigan » Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:47 pm

So, here's an update. As follows are my confirmed keepers barring injury. Values in parenthesis are 2011 points totals per league settings.

QB Drew Brees (361)
RB LeSean McCoy (234)
RB Darren Sproles (260)
WR Jordy Nelson (215)
WR Victor Cruz (202)
TE Tony Gonzalez (159)
Flex ????

Solve for flex from the available:
Tony Romo (241)
Marshawn Lynch (161)
Kenny Britt (45... in 2.5 games!)
DeSean Jackson (126)
Dez Bryant (158)
Steve Smith (183)
Marques Colston (176)
JimmyKerrigan
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Indibuck » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:02 pm

JimmyKerrigan wrote:So, here's an update. As follows are my confirmed keepers barring injury. Values in parenthesis are 2011 points totals per league settings.

QB Drew Brees (361)
RB LeSean McCoy (234)
RB Darren Sproles (260)
WR Jordy Nelson (215)
WR Victor Cruz (202)
TE Tony Gonzalez (159)
Flex ????

Solve for flex from the available:
Tony Romo (241)
Marshawn Lynch (161)
Kenny Britt (45... in 2.5 games!)
DeSean Jackson (126)
Dez Bryant (158)
Steve Smith (183)
Marques Colston (176)

Can you start a QB at flex? If so, Romo is a no-brainer. if not, give me Lynch.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 194)

Postby JimmyKerrigan » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:49 pm

So yeah, Flex is a keeper spot and not a roster spot. Indeed our league starts 2 QBs and as many as FIVE wideouts.

So let's go with the real roster, without making a decision about the Flex keeper:

QB Drew Brees
QB
WR Victor Cruz
WR Jordy Nelson
WR
RB LeSean McCoy
RB Darren Sproles
RB
TE Tony Gonzalez
W/T
W/R

As you can see that Flex pick has huge implications on my roster as there are comfy homes for a WR, Marshawn, and Tony. And honestly, the available QB talent I project to be available in our league is shit, and I'd have to use a first or second round pick to get even a shit quarterback. Really looking like Tony is the smart thing to do and hell, I can still be on Dez's bandwagon.

Then all I have to do is pick one solid RB and WR starter seeing that I have traded away my 3rd and 4th round picks. I believe I was the 2 seed of 8 teams which means my first pick will be 7th overall. Curious to see who is left. I guarantee 3 of my non-kept players get picked before I get to draft.
JimmyKerrigan
Water Boy
Water Boy

Previous

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions