2012 Draft Discussion - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Legion of Doom

2012 Draft Discussion

Moderators: The_Captain, mutantseabass, Football Moderators

Re: 2012 Draft Discussion

Postby mutantseabass » Tue May 22, 2012 3:11 pm

I could have sworn we had this with the playoffs after last season. I actually skipped a meeting today, it was bothering me so much. I couldn't find anything about it. All of my other dynasty leagues I run are done with the 2 Super Bowl teams taking the last two picks, the rest are in reverse order of the regular season. I am going to pause the draft and we can vote on this.

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Tue May 22, 2012 3:14 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
The_Captain wrote:I'll get with MSB on this, but my feeling is unless we can find a discussion thread where it was concluded and/or voted on where we "include playoffs" to set the draft order we should maintain the original rule where reverse order of the previous year's final season standing (not including playoffs) determines the draft order.

I'm all for changing this to make it more "NFL like" (which I think was discussed a time before), but as has always been the tradition it needs to be discussed and voted on.

Thoughts? Concerns? Tomatoes?

Although almost all (if not all) my other dynasty leagues have their rookie drafts as the reverse order including playoffs, but I see merits on both. I think most leagues do it the other way just because that's how the NFL does it. But our way makes the draft order more representative of how teams fared during the season. In our way, if the 6th seed wins it all...they still have the #5 pick instead of the #10. And the 1st seed has the #10 pick no matter what they do in the playoffs. Honestly, the more I think about it while I'm typing this, I think we should change our rule to make it more like the NFL. If it's good for the NFL... :-?

Just wanted to add that fleaflicker has our draft order reverse order of final standings including playoffs...this is definitely the "norm". ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 81)

Postby SeaWolf » Tue May 22, 2012 3:14 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
The_Captain wrote:I'll get with MSB on this, but my feeling is unless we can find a discussion thread where it was concluded and/or voted on where we "include playoffs" to set the draft order we should maintain the original rule where reverse order of the previous year's final season standing (not including playoffs) determines the draft order.

I'm all for changing this to make it more "NFL like" (which I think was discussed a time before), but as has always been the tradition it needs to be discussed and voted on.

Although almost all (if not all) my other dynasty leagues have their rookie drafts as the reverse order including playoffs, but I see merits on both. I think most leagues do it the other way just because that's how the NFL does it. But our way makes the draft order more representative of how teams fared during the season. In our way, if the 6th seed wins it all...they still have the #5 pick instead of the #10. And the 1st seed has the #10 pick no matter what they do in the playoffs. Honestly, the more I think about it while I'm typing this, I think we should change our rule to make it more like the NFL. If it's good for the NFL... :-?

FLIP FLOPPER! :-b

I'm good either way, but if I had to pick one, it would be draft order like the NFL.
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Tue May 22, 2012 3:20 pm

SeaWolf wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:

FLIP FLOPPER! :-b

I'm good either way, but if I had to pick one, it would be draft order like the NFL.

:-b

Can someone sticky that poll that MSB posted? I just posted a question in it because I'm a little confused about the options. :-?

flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The_Captain » Tue May 22, 2012 3:41 pm

mutantseabass wrote:I could have sworn we had this with the playoffs after last season. I actually skipped a meeting today, it was bothering me so much. I couldn't find anything about it. All of my other dynasty leagues I run are done with the 2 Super Bowl teams taking the last two picks, the rest are in reverse order of the regular season. I am going to pause the draft and we can vote on this.

I think you and I discussed doing it this way but maybe never got to the point of actually implementing the change. I personally like doing it the NFL way and am all for implementing it this year if the rest are on board. I don't draft exceptionally well (unless I have the first pick) so it really isn't going to matter from which position I draft from. :-b

"This is your captain calling--with an urgent warning" - The The
The_Captain
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mutantseabass » Tue May 22, 2012 3:45 pm

The_Captain wrote:
mutantseabass wrote:I could have sworn we had this with the playoffs after last season. I actually skipped a meeting today, it was bothering me so much. I couldn't find anything about it. All of my other dynasty leagues I run are done with the 2 Super Bowl teams taking the last two picks, the rest are in reverse order of the regular season. I am going to pause the draft and we can vote on this.

I think you and I discussed doing it this way but maybe never got to the point of actually implementing the change. I personally like doing it the NFL way and am all for implementing it this year if the rest are on board. I don't draft exceptionally well (unless I have the first pick) so it really isn't going to matter from which position I draft from. :-b

Maybe we did? How would Seawolf have known, it's hell getting old!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh I suck at drafting as well!

mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mutantseabass » Tue May 22, 2012 7:11 pm

Ok we can get the draft going again as soon as I hear back from logan. I did give him a chance to reverse our trade seeing the pick I would be trading him is one lower. I felt this was the only fair thing to do, I will PM Santacruzer and let him know.

Sorry about the confusion! I suck!!!

mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Tue May 22, 2012 7:18 pm

mutantseabass wrote:Ok we can get the draft going again as soon as I hear back from logan. I did give him a chance to reverse our trade seeing the pick I would be trading him is one lower. I felt this was the only fair thing to do, I will PM Santacruzer and let him know.

No need to apologize & you don't suck! ;-D

flotsamnjetsam

Postby jayday » Tue May 22, 2012 7:49 pm

No need to apologize. And you don't suck. ;-D
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby logan » Tue May 22, 2012 8:25 pm

mutantseabass wrote:Ok we can get the draft going again as soon as I hear back from logan. I did give him a chance to reverse our trade seeing the pick I would be trading him is one lower. I felt this was the only fair thing to do, I will PM Santacruzer and let him know.

Yeah I was really looking to stay in the top 6 for what i was attempting to do so I'm gonna have to say I'd like to reverse the trade and most likely will take the pick since my trade positioning as this point is undermined by the fact that people know what i would be willing to take in exchange for it. Right back where I started agonizing over the pick. :-o
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

PreviousNext

Return to Legion of Doom