2012 Draft Discussion - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Legion of Doom

2012 Draft Discussion

Moderators: The_Captain, mutantseabass, Football Moderators

Re: 2012 Draft Discussion

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Thu May 24, 2012 6:53 pm

mutantseabass wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:Damn Todd! I think that's a lot for the 1.05! :-?

It's is and it isn't. The isnt the NFL of years past, it's a passing league. A stud QB Is almost a necessity in fantasy now. Remember the stud RB? It's the stud QB now with all the rule changes in the NFL that benefits both the QB and WR the runningback position is for the most part gone. With RBBC, teams not willing to pay RBs, Chicago is working on an extension with Cutler while the "stud" RB is sitting on his living room chair upset. Every team has two RBs now, you can pick and choose at the rb spot. I do not have a stud QB and needed to pull a Daniel Snyder to get one. My team consists of Ben roethlisberger, wildly inconsistent and usually injured. Ryan Fitzpatrick, again wildly inconsistent and Sam Bradford, while I liked Bradford, The Rams did absolutely nothing to help the kid out. Wait they reached for a WR in the second, a very large reach, they let Brandon Lloyd walk, did nothing in free agency other then sign yet another slot receiver. I also must add the I hate Reggie Bush with a passion for screwing me all these years in this league! Next years qbs are no where close to Luck and RG3, I know I over paid for him but I had to do what I had to do in my opinion to take my team from these near .500 finishes every year in here! I had to shake things up, I cannot stand where my team has been finishing in here. Time will tell if I did the right thing, I feel I did the right thing.

Can't argue with that! Hope it works out for both parties involved. ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mutantseabass » Thu May 24, 2012 7:05 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
mutantseabass wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:Damn Todd! I think that's a lot for the 1.05! :-?

It's is and it isn't. The isnt the NFL of years past, it's a passing league. A stud QB Is almost a necessity in fantasy now. Remember the stud RB? It's the stud QB now with all the rule changes in the NFL that benefits both the QB and WR the runningback position is for the most part gone. With RBBC, teams not willing to pay RBs, Chicago is working on an extension with Cutler while the "stud" RB is sitting on his living room chair upset. Every team has two RBs now, you can pick and choose at the rb spot. I do not have a stud QB and needed to pull a Daniel Snyder to get one. My team consists of Ben roethlisberger, wildly inconsistent and usually injured. Ryan Fitzpatrick, again wildly inconsistent and Sam Bradford, while I liked Bradford, The Rams did absolutely nothing to help the kid out. Wait they reached for a WR in the second, a very large reach, they let Brandon Lloyd walk, did nothing in free agency other then sign yet another slot receiver. I also must add the I hate Reggie Bush with a passion for screwing me all these years in this league! Next years qbs are no where close to Luck and RG3, I know I over paid for him but I had to do what I had to do in my opinion to take my team from these near .500 finishes every year in here! I had to shake things up, I cannot stand where my team has been finishing in here. Time will tell if I did the right thing, I feel I did the right thing.

Funny thing about this Paul is I had this exact same conversation last year in another dynasty league when I traded this years first and Stevie Johnson for Cam Newton and a second this year. Peyton went down and Cam helped me win the title. Not saying it will happen but I would have been screwed without "overpaying" for Newton.

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Thu May 24, 2012 7:12 pm

mutantseabass wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:
mutantseabass wrote:

Funny thing about this Paul is I had this exact same conversation last year in another dynasty league when I traded this years first and Stevie Johnson for Cam Newton and a second this year. Peyton went down and Cam helped me win the title. Not saying it will happen but I would have been screwed without "overpaying" for Newton.

Yeah, you're definitely right, especially if he ends up being a stud. It was just my 1st reaction when I saw the trade...not thinking about who you were picking. And if you hate R.Bush that much, it makes even more sense. Like you said, "time will tell", and a few years from now this might be looked at as a steal. ;-D

flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mutantseabass » Thu May 24, 2012 9:18 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
mutantseabass wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:

Yeah, you're definitely right, especially if he ends up being a stud. It was just my 1st reaction when I saw the trade...not thinking about who you were picking. And if you hate R.Bush that much, it makes even more sense. Like you said, "time will tell", and a few years from now this might be looked at as a steal. ;-D

Reggie Bush is my nightmare! Countless times I have said this is his year and never seen it come. I hope he does great for Jay! I have spent too many what I thought were value picks on the guy in redrafts and never got anything from it! I'm sure Jay will start him against me this year and he will go off! Which in turn will make me hate him even more!

mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby jayday » Thu May 24, 2012 9:22 pm

Yea, I didn't feel like it was an easy decision at all. I'm pretty happy with what I got, but I understand why he offered that. I completely agree that unless you have a QB, you're not competing. ...Which makes me look crazy for banking on the new staff turning Freeman and the Bucs around. :-b

I feel like I took a big risk by passing on RGIII. If he becomes a Top 5 fantasy QB, what he gave up will easily be worth it.
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby Flux » Fri May 25, 2012 9:12 am

I was really hoping RGIII would fall to me...but I didn't really think he would. He's going to be a good player.

Blackmon isn't a bad consolation prize as he is very talented IMO - I just hope Gabbert learns how to throw. Ive got a nice group of WRs coming into this year, which is the first time I ever think I could say that (Andre Johnson, AJ Green, Malcom Floyd, Blackmon). If Flacco can put up decent numbers, I think my team may do OK.
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Fri May 25, 2012 12:35 pm

Flux wrote:I was really hoping RGIII would fall to me...but I didn't really think he would. He's going to be a good player.

Blackmon isn't a bad consolation prize as he is very talented IMO - I just hope Gabbert learns how to throw. Ive got a nice group of WRs coming into this year, which is the first time I ever think I could say that (Andre Johnson, AJ Green, Malcom Floyd, Blackmon). If Flacco can put up decent numbers, I think my team may do OK.

I like Blackmon also. Nice pick. ;-D

I didn't want to say more about the trade for RG3 until Blackmon was picked. I mentioned that I traded for 1.05 in the flex-factor dynasty league. He's who I was grabbing, not a "franchise" QB. So I definitely agree that my "knee-jerk" reaction when I 1st saw the trade was wrong. :-/ ;-D

flotsamnjetsam

Postby mutantseabass » Fri May 25, 2012 9:19 pm

I like both Blackmon and Floyd picks, this is where the draft gets really interesting to me. I have a certain player I am very high on and curious to see where he ends up.

mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Santacruzer » Sat May 26, 2012 11:00 am

mutantseabass wrote:I like both Blackmon and Floyd picks, this is where the draft gets really interesting to me. I have a certain player I am very high on and curious to see where he ends up.

Another player you are high on? Is this where you make another move to get more 1st round picks? :-D

I'm happy with landing Floyd, although its less than ideal for me already having Fitz.
Santacruzer
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Postby mutantseabass » Sat May 26, 2012 11:39 am

Santacruzer wrote:
mutantseabass wrote:I like both Blackmon and Floyd picks, this is where the draft gets really interesting to me. I have a certain player I am very high on and curious to see where he ends up.

Another player you are high on? Is this where you make another move to get more 1st round picks? :-D

I'm happy with landing Floyd, although its less than ideal for me already having Fitz.

LOL! No I'm good with dealing for now. I'm pretty sure I have accounted for About 80 percent of the trades in here!

mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

PreviousNext

Return to Legion of Doom