2012 Draft Discussion - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Legion of Doom

2012 Draft Discussion

Moderators: The_Captain, mutantseabass, Football Moderators

Re: 2012 Draft Discussion

Postby mutantseabass » Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:25 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
mutantseabass wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:Is the waiver priority correct on flea? I thought it was the same order as the rookie/FA draft (it's the exact opposite on flea). :-?

Waivers won't be decided until after the first week. After the draft, it' always has been first come fist served. So the order at this point really has no meaning other then what it more then likely finished off last year.

OK, no problem. I was just checking because we do it a little different in the flex-factor dynasty league. ;-D

If its something you would like to see changed Paul, let me know and we can discuss it.

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:38 pm

mutantseabass wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:
mutantseabass wrote:
Waivers won't be decided until after the first week. After the draft, it' always has been first come fist served. So the order at this point really has no meaning other then what it more then likely finished off last year.

OK, no problem. I was just checking because we do it a little different in the flex-factor dynasty league. ;-D

If its something you would like to see changed Paul, let me know and we can discuss it.

Nope, not at all. Just too many leagues, and the rules get confusing sometimes! :-b ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)

Postby mutantseabass » Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:54 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
mutantseabass wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:

Nope, not at all. Just too many leagues, and the rules get confusing sometimes! :-b ;-D

Trust me brother I hear you. I ran only 4 teams last season and it was the most enjoyable season I have had in years!

mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:05 pm

mutantseabass wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:
mutantseabass wrote:If its something you would like to see changed Paul, let me know and we can discuss it.

Trust me brother I hear you. I ran only 4 teams last season and it was the most enjoyable season I have had in years!

Only 4? What a wuss! ;-7 :-b ;-) I'm still in double digits. 8-o

Last year was one of my most enjoyable seasons ever. Not only did the Giants win the SB, but I won my only $$$ league for the 1st time, and I also won the flex-factor dynasty league for the 1st time. :-) ;-D

flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mutantseabass » Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:18 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
mutantseabass wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:

Last year was one of my most enjoyable seasons ever. Not only did the Giants win the SB, but I won my only $$$ league for the 1st time, and I also won the flex-factor dynasty league for the 1st time. :-) ;-D

Yep down to 4. Both of my sons play football, daughter in cheer and swim team, the fall is a very busy time for me. I love sitting on Sunday's in the stands watching my real favorite football players play, my daughter cheering and checking my phone for fantasy updates. I cannot wait for football season!

mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:23 am

mutantseabass wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:
mutantseabass wrote:Trust me brother I hear you. I ran only 4 teams last season and it was the most enjoyable season I have had in years!

Yep down to 4. Both of my sons play football, daughter in cheer and swim team, the fall is a very busy time for me. I love sitting on Sunday's in the stands watching my real favorite football players play, my daughter cheering and checking my phone for fantasy updates. I cannot wait for football season!

That's awesome. ;-D

Until we moved to Florida in '98, my Dad lived his whole life in NY & he never saw a Jets or Giants game. In '09 I got him tickets to the Giants vs Tampa game for his birthday. They won big. :-) ;-D

My sister & nephew (he's 9) live in Spain and they come to visit every summer, usually in July (my sister is a teacher there so they have summers off). A few years ago I took my nephew to his first ever MLB game (Yankees vs Rays) and I actually stayed awake (I haven't watched MLB since the Mets traded David Cone for nothing in like '92)! This year my sister has to teach summer school in July so they're visiting in August. I'm taking my nephew to his 1st ever NFL game (Bucs vs Titans)! I can't wait. ;-D

Here's a few pics of the game my Dad & I went to in '09.

flotsamnjetsam

Postby mutantseabass » Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:30 pm

Very cool Paul. I'm sure your nephew will remember the day his uncle took him to his first NFL game for the rest of his life! Did your Dad have a blast or what!!!! It's amazing how sports bring people together and so many memories come from it!

mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:44 pm

mutantseabass wrote:Very cool Paul. I'm sure your nephew will remember the day his uncle took him to his first NFL game for the rest of his life! Did your Dad have a blast or what!!!! It's amazing how sports bring people together and so many memories come from it!

My Dad really enjoyed the game, but he hates crowds/traffic so he's not itching to go again. He might go with us to the game in August though. ;-D

That's the exact reason why I took my nephew to his 1st MLB game, and now his 1st NFL game soon. I have great memories of my Dad taking my sister & I to sporting events when we were kids. We went to Mets & Islanders games in the 70's & 80's (my Dad had friends with tickets for both teams). I took my Dad to his 1st ever NBA game (Knicks) back in the 90's, and it was awesome taking him to his 1st ever NFL game. Can't wait for August! ;-D

flotsamnjetsam

Postby jayday » Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:57 pm

I think this latest pick puts me at the roster limit. Thanks for the heads up earlier in the thread, MSB.

Do I still have the option to cut someone and pick? Or pass the pick if I don't want to cut?
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby mutantseabass » Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:58 pm

jayday wrote:I think this latest pick puts me at the roster limit. Thanks for the heads up earlier in the thread, MSB.

Do I still have the option to cut someone and pick? Or pass the pick if I don't want to cut?

Yeah, please cut someone so I can put your pick on your roster. Of course you can pass too, it's all up to you.

mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

PreviousNext

Return to Legion of Doom