2012 Draft Discussion - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Legion of Doom

2012 Draft Discussion

Moderators: The_Captain, mutantseabass, Football Moderators

Re: 2012 Draft Discussion

Postby mutantseabass » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:07 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
mutantseabass wrote:Very cool Paul. I'm sure your nephew will remember the day his uncle took him to his first NFL game for the rest of his life! Did your Dad have a blast or what!!!! It's amazing how sports bring people together and so many memories come from it!

My Dad really enjoyed the game, but he hates crowds/traffic so he's not itching to go again. He might go with us to the game in August though. ;-D

That's the exact reason why I took my nephew to his 1st MLB game, and now his 1st NFL game soon. I have great memories of my Dad taking my sister & I to sporting events when we were kids. We went to Mets & Islanders games in the 70's & 80's (my Dad had friends with tickets for both teams). I took my Dad to his 1st ever NBA game (Knicks) back in the 90's, and it was awesome taking him to his 1st ever NFL game. Can't wait for August! ;-D

I'm getting like that too! I hate crowds! I think it may have more to do with people now a days though! Dam kids!!! Lol!

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mutantseabass » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:14 pm

Nice pick in Polk, logan. I am really interested to see him in the preseason.

mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SeaWolf » Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:16 am

mutantseabass wrote:Nice pick in Polk, logan. I am really interested to see him in the preseason.

Crap, there goes what I thought was a lock at 6.04. :~(
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:31 am

SeaWolf wrote:
mutantseabass wrote:Nice pick in Polk, logan. I am really interested to see him in the preseason.

I almost took a chance on him at 6.01.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby Flux » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:12 pm

I dont know any of these players anymore :-?
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SeaWolf » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:25 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
SeaWolf wrote:

Then you take him in the Flex-Factor draft. :-[
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:09 pm

SeaWolf wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:
SeaWolf wrote:

Then you take him in the Flex-Factor draft. :-[

I didn't even remember that you were the one who posted about Polk in here...good thing I picked him at 6.07 instead of waiting for 6.12 (for those not in that league...SW has 6.11)! :-b :-/

flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby logan » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:40 pm

Yeah with my obvious shallow depth at RB I figured it would be worth taking a shot on him in hopes he gets traded at some point. Worth the flier at this point i suppose.
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby mutantseabass » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:52 am

Hey guys, can I get a little help please. Does anyone have an IDP scoring system that meshes well with a general PPR scoring system. It's full PPR, 1 point per 10 rushing and receiving 1per 20 passing. Like I said its pretty standard, some of the guys in my local money league want to get rid of team defense and I'm not going to argue with them! Starting requirements would be 1 D lineman. 1 linebacker, 1 secondary player. Pretty general.

mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:28 am

mutantseabass wrote:Hey guys, can I get a little help please. Does anyone have an IDP scoring system that meshes well with a general PPR scoring system. It's full PPR, 1 point per 10 rushing and receiving 1per 20 passing. Like I said its pretty standard, some of the guys in my local money league want to get rid of team defense and I'm not going to argue with them! Starting requirements would be 1 D lineman. 1 linebacker, 1 secondary player. Pretty general.

2 of my Cafe leagues have IDP's. Here's our scoring for the flex-factor dynasty league:

IDP SCORING
Solo Tackle - 1 pt
Assisted Tackle - .5 pts
Sack - 2 pts
Forced Fumble - 2 pts
Fumble Recovery - 2 pts
TD - 6 pts
Interception - 2 pts
Blocked Kick - 2 pts
Safety - 4 pts
Pass Deflection - 1 pt

And here's our scoring for the defunct dynasty league:

Defensive Players:

1 pt for every solo tackle
.5 pts for every assisted tackle
2 pts for every sack
2 pts for every INT
2 pts for every forced fumble
2 pts for every fumble recovery
6 pts for every TD
5 pts for every safety
5 pts for every blocked kick

And here's a great tool that I use often. fftoday has a tool that allows you to input your league's scoring system and then it computes every players fantasy points (based of your scoring system) going back to 2000. You have to sign up to do this, but it's free.

http://www.fftoday.com/stats/playerstat ... eID=107450

From the homepage (fftoday.com) you click on "stats" and then on the left you click on whatever position. Hope that helps! ;-D

flotsamnjetsam

PreviousNext

Return to Legion of Doom