Kellen Winslow - Update: signs with Jets - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Kellen Winslow - Update: signs with Jets

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Kellen Winslow

Postby stomperrob » Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:07 pm

Stick a fork in him, he's done!

Kellen Winslow released by New England Patriots
By Gregg Rosenthal
Around The League editor
Published: Sept. 27, 2012 at 02:16 p.m.
Updated: Sept. 27, 2012 at 02:32 p.m.

Kellen Winslow played four snaps in his first game with the New England Patriots last week. He won't play any this week.

The Patriots released Winslow on Thursday, Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network confirmed. Winslow was not listed on the team's injury report on Wednesday.

Winslow actually asked for his release, according to Rapoport. He's undergone a lot of knee surgeries over the years and the strong guess is that he was dealing with too much pain to continue.

Winslow's contract was not guaranteed, so the Patriots only paid him a low rate for one week of work. Winslow has enjoyed a productive, if tumultuous career. He averaged nearly 700 receiving yards for seven seasons. His knee problems always made him appear older than he really was, so it wouldn't be a shock if his career ended here at age 29.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... d-patriots
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Kellen Winslow

Postby stomperrob » Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:48 pm

He's back:

Jets sign TE Kellen Winslow to a one-year deal
By Conor Orr/The Star-Ledger
on June 14, 2013 at 5:11 PM, updated June 14, 2013 at 5:40 PM

Rex Ryan strongly hinted at the possibility yesterday after two strong mini camp practices.

And following the third and final day of Kellen Winslow Jr.'s tryout, the Jets inked the versatile tight end to a one-year contract, the team announced.

The Jets have been searching for depth at the position following the departure of former No.1 option Dustin Keller, who signed a one-year deal with the Dolphins this offseason.

Jeff Cumberland, slated as the No. 1 tight end coming in to camp, is confident he can carry the load but also welcomed the addition of Winslow, a former No. 6 overall pick by the Browns in 2004.

Winslow, who's creaky knees have kept him out of football for almost the entire season last year -- he had one catch for 12 yards with New England -- said on Thursday he felt healthy following his three mini camp practices with the Jets.

"I know (Rex Ryan) knows what I can do," Winslow said. Adding later: "I feel like it would be a great spot. I like the team, I like the teammates, I hope I can stay."

con't...

more: http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2013/0 ... _deal.html
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Football Talk