Titus Young in the doghouse - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Detroit Lions

Titus Young in the doghouse

Moderator: Football Moderators

Titus Young in the doghouse

Postby stomperrob » Tue May 22, 2012 10:28 am

Wide receiver Titus Young was one of four Detroit Lions who missed the start of organized team activities today, after he instigated a fight with safety Louis Delmas during workouts last week, according to two people with knowledge of the incident.

Lions coach Jim Schwartz would not confirm the incident nor say whether it led to Young's absence, but the two people said Young initiated the fight with a blind-side punch and was barred from practice.

"I'm not going to comment on why guys are absent," Schwartz said. "We have guys missing for a lot of different reasons, but they're all accounted for."

http://www.freep.com/article/20120521/S ... uis-Delmas
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Titus Young in the doghouse

Postby scottaa1 » Tue May 22, 2012 10:46 am

stomperrob wrote:
the two people said Young initiated the fight with a blind-side punch and was barred from practice.

8-o wow. there is no 'I' in teammate. But there is one in 'dick.'
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby moochman » Mon May 28, 2012 7:56 pm

scottaa1 wrote:
stomperrob wrote:
the two people said Young initiated the fight with a blind-side punch and was barred from practice.

8-o wow. there is no 'I' in teammate. But there is one in 'dick.'

There is no I in p*ssy either, yet Titass seems to be just that. Shame to see someone who has talent to make an impact, but probably doesn't have the cool to make the most of it.
What bothers me the most about this is that nobody is reported to have beaten the pulp out of him for his assult. Could it be they aren't all that fond of Delmas either?

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby stomperrob » Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:24 pm

Titus Young's 'apathetic' attitude irks Lions
By Gregg Rosenthal
Around The League editor
Published: May 28, 2012 at 05:12 p.m.
Updated: May 29, 2012 at 02:16 p.m.

We still don't know when the Detroit Lions will allow receiver Titus Young back at the team's facility after he threw a "sucker punch" at teammate Louis Delmas.

It is becoming more clear, however, why Young was told to stay away. (Despite protests to the contrary.)

Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press writes that Young's attitude was wearing thin even before the fracas with Delmas.

"By all accounts, he was apathetic when coaches weren’t involved in workouts early this offseason, something that didn't sit well with Lions veterans," Birkett writes. "It's unclear if he'll be back this spring and how his petulance will be received once he returns, but he has the potential to be a dangerous No. 2 receiver."

Unlike teammates Mikel Leshoure and Nick Fairley, Young hasn't had multiple run-ins with the law. Young also showed as a rookie that he's going to be a big contributor in the pros. He just needs to get his head on straight.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8 ... irks-lions
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Return to Detroit Lions