Draft style vote-for 2013 season(next year) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Legion of Doom

Draft style vote-for 2013 season(next year)

Moderators: The_Captain, mutantseabass, Football Moderators

Which draft order determination?

Draft order based NFL style, by final standings including playoffs
100%
Draft order based on reverse order of final season standings excluding playoffs
No votes

Total votes : 9

Re: Draft style vote

Postby mutantseabass » Tue May 22, 2012 5:11 pm

Pushing this to next season is puzzling to me. Would you have tried less last season or will you try less this coming season to secure a better draft spot? I know every year in every league I play I play to win, money, no money, big money it doesn't matter I hate losing.

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mutantseabass » Tue May 22, 2012 6:48 pm

Ok here is what we will do. We will implement this rule for next season. We will go to the reverse order with the playoffsif it does in fact pass. I feel of you make the Superbowl and playoffs you should have a good enough team to withstand a low draft pick.

mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Tue May 22, 2012 6:52 pm

mutantseabass wrote:Pushing this to next season is puzzling to me. Would you have tried less last season or will you try less this coming season to secure a better draft spot? I know every year in every league I play I play to win, money, no money, big money it doesn't matter I hate losing.

I don't think it's a matter of trying less or more (I didn't even think about it that way), I just agree with jayday's point. The vote will obviously pass for this year because jayday & dream are the only 2 that might vote against it because they'd get better picks the old way. The vote doesn't affect the 4 that missed the playoffs, and the other 4 get better draft picks if we change for this year. The vote doesn't affect me...I'm just thinking about what would be fair for everyone...and obviously I'm fine with whatever we decide! ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby mutantseabass » Tue May 22, 2012 6:57 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
mutantseabass wrote:Pushing this to next season is puzzling to me. Would you have tried less last season or will you try less this coming season to secure a better draft spot? I know every year in every league I play I play to win, money, no money, big money it doesn't matter I hate losing.

I don't think it's a matter of trying less or more (I didn't even think about it that way), I just agree with jayday's point. The vote will obviously pass for this year because jayday & dream are the only 2 that might vote against it because they'd get better picks the old way. The vote doesn't affect the 4 that missed the playoffs, and the other 4 get better draft picks if we change for this year. The vote doesn't affect me...I'm just thinking about what would be fair for everyone...and obviously I'm fine with whatever we decide! ;-D

Yeah, I did reconsider this all, we are now voting on this to begin next season. I am going through the draft and editing everything.

mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby jayday » Tue May 22, 2012 7:00 pm

I totally agree with what you're saying. I don't think the order would've changed either. I try my best to win every game, often unsuccessfully. :-b

Flots pointed out that I have the most skin in the game if the system were to be changed, and I won't deny it. However, a good question to ask is: What's to stop us from voting to change the rookie draft next year around this time (when the draft order would be known) from an NFL-style draft to an auction draft? The guy with the number one pick is going to be pissed. I just think any change needs to be made a year into the future. Before the die is already cast so to speak.
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby mutantseabass » Tue May 22, 2012 7:04 pm

jayday wrote:

I totally agree with what you're saying. I don't think the order would've changed either. I try my best to win every game, often unsuccessfully. :-b

Flots pointed out that I have the most skin in the game if the system were to be changed, and I won't deny it. However, a good question to ask is: What's to stop us from voting to change the rookie draft next year around this time (when the draft order would be known) from an NFL-style draft to an auction draft? The guy with the number one pick is going to be pissed. I just think any change needs to be made a year into the future. Before the die is already cast so to speak.

Oh auctions I like it, j/k!!!!

As far as making new rules it really depends on what they are. There are some things in my opinion that can never be changed. I would love to go to PPR but that is one thing I dont think we could ever do.

mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Re: Draft style vote-for 2013 season(next year)

Postby mutantseabass » Tue May 22, 2012 7:06 pm

Just to make everyone aware of this! Next year the offseason rosters will again expand from 30 to 34 and cuts will have to be made before the season starts. This way we do not have to cut players to make room for draft choices.

mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Dolfin99 » Tue May 22, 2012 7:37 pm

Voted for option A
Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig.
Dolfin99

EditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby logan » Tue May 22, 2012 8:20 pm

Voted A
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby The_Captain » Tue May 22, 2012 8:52 pm

I love playing Fantasy Football and this league is my favorite.....it's in my DNA to try hard each and every game regardless of where I end up in the draft. I'm competitive and I hate to lose.

"This is your captain calling--with an urgent warning" - The The
The_Captain
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Legion of Doom