2012 Season Consolidated - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to NFL's Finest

2012 Season Consolidated

Moderators: thriftyrocker, Football Moderators

Round 5 : 2012 Rookie/FA Draft

Postby thriftyrocker » Sun May 27, 2012 7:37 pm

Please make sure you put the full name, position, and team in your pick, e.g.,

1.1 Joe Montana - QB, SF

Draft includes both rookies and free agents.

PLEASE PM THE GUY AFTER YOU.

24 Hour time limit

Round 5

1. oddmanout7
2. m16a
3. samsdad25
4. stomperrob
5. iamgregg
6. FlotsamNJetsam
7. kareighuis
8. portisfan24
9. ffguru13
10. kareighuis
11. indibuck
12. Ls2throwed
thriftyrocker

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Round 1 : 2012 Rookie/FA Draft

Postby thriftyrocker » Mon May 28, 2012 11:07 pm

1.1 Trent Richardson - RB, CLE
thriftyrocker

Re: Round 1 : 2012 Rookie/FA Draft

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Tue May 29, 2012 1:46 pm

1.02 Andrew Luck - QB, IND

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

2012 Rookie Draft Commentary

Postby thriftyrocker » Tue May 29, 2012 2:07 pm

Not who I was expecting to see get picked when I saw the trade. Luck has dropped a little in some of the Cafe drafts. Although I had to remind myself all TDS=6 here which helps make the argument for him over the other guys.
thriftyrocker

Re: 2012 Rookie Draft Commentary

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Tue May 29, 2012 2:22 pm

thriftyrocker wrote:Not who I was expecting to see get picked when I saw the trade. Luck has dropped a little in some of the Cafe drafts. Although I had to remind myself all TDS=6 here which helps make the argument for him over the other guys.

Yeah, I've been collecting and trading QB's in this league for a few years (traded Freeman/Sanchez/Ponder), and I find myself with Ben/Palmer/Kolb/McCoy. I don't really trust anyone outside of Ben, so I thought it was worth it to move up to pick Luck. It might take a couple of years, but I think he's gonna be a stud, and I think/hope I can afford to wait on him. ;-D

flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby m16a » Tue May 29, 2012 2:40 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
thriftyrocker wrote:Not who I was expecting to see get picked when I saw the trade. Luck has dropped a little in some of the Cafe drafts. Although I had to remind myself all TDS=6 here which helps make the argument for him over the other guys.

Yeah, I've been collecting and trading QB's in this league for a few years (traded Freeman/Sanchez/Ponder), and I find myself with Ben/Palmer/Kolb/McCoy. I don't really trust anyone outside of Ben, so I thought it was worth it to move up to pick Luck. It might take a couple of years, but I think he's gonna be a stud, and I think/hope I can afford to wait on him. ;-D

I don't think anyone is under the impression that Luck is gonna put people in a position to compete right away. If he is slipping, my guess is because there are other impact players that a case could be made for at 2, that might put a now getting healthy team the boost in a specific area to put them over the top? If you're a rebuilding team with a high pick, Luck is practically gold to draft. Knowing FnJ a bit and seeing his roster, I was 99% certain that trading my 1.02 was essentially me trading the rights to Luck.
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby stomperrob » Tue May 29, 2012 3:23 pm

m16a wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:

I don't think anyone is under the impression that Luck is gonna put people in a position to compete right away. If he is slipping, my guess is because there are other impact players that a case could be made for at 2, that might put a now getting healthy team the boost in a specific area to put them over the top? If you're a rebuilding team with a high pick, Luck is practically gold to draft. Knowing FnJ a bit and seeing his roster, I was 99% certain that trading my 1.02 was essentially me trading the rights to Luck.

I grabbed Luck in another league with the 1.02 pick - I'm in a rebuilding mode there and had a desperate need at QB with only Sanchez and TJ Yates at QB - I would have been happy if Richardson had fallen to me but he didn't so I wanted a good QB so that I wouldn't have to worry about that position for the next 10-15 years - he may not get off to a fast start, but I really like him long term!
Last edited by stomperrob on Tue May 29, 2012 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Tue May 29, 2012 3:42 pm

Are we allowed to name undrafted players (like stomper did)? I don't think it's a big deal, but most of my leagues don't allow it. Just want to know, because if we're allowed to name them, I want to respond to stomper's post. Otherwise, I'll wait because my response would mention a different undrafted player. :-B ;-D

flotsamnjetsam

Postby stomperrob » Tue May 29, 2012 3:52 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:Are we allowed to name undrafted players (like stomper did)? I don't think it's a big deal, but most of my leagues don't allow it. Just want to know, because if we're allowed to name them, I want to respond to stomper's post. Otherwise, I'll wait because my response would mention a different undrafted player. :-B ;-D

Apologies - that was a stupid oversight on my part that has now been corrected. :-B
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Tue May 29, 2012 3:54 pm

stomperrob wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:Are we allowed to name undrafted players (like stomper did)? I don't think it's a big deal, but most of my leagues don't allow it. Just want to know, because if we're allowed to name them, I want to respond to stomper's post. Otherwise, I'll wait because my response would mention a different undrafted player. :-B ;-D

Apologies - that was a stupid oversight on my part that has now been corrected. :-B

No need to apologize! We might be allowed in this league. Too many leagues, and I can't remember this league's policy on that. ;-D

flotsamnjetsam

PreviousNext

Return to NFL's Finest