thriftyrocker

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: 2012 Rookie Draft Commentary

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Tue May 29, 2012 5:11 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
stomperrob wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:Are we allowed to name undrafted players (like stomper did)? I don't think it's a big deal, but most of my leagues don't allow it. Just want to know, because if we're allowed to name them, I want to respond to stomper's post. Otherwise, I'll wait because my response would mention a different undrafted player. :-B ;-D

Apologies - that was a stupid oversight on my part that has now been corrected. :-B

No need to apologize! We might be allowed in this league. Too many leagues, and I can't remember this league's policy on that. ;-D

Now that he's been drafted, what I wanted to say before was that thrifty told me via PM that he saw the trade and thought I moved up to pick Martin, not Luck vs RG3 like I think stomper meant in his 1st post (where he removed RG3's name). I just felt that despite Ben who I like, QB was my weakest position. And obviously I agree with stomper in that I think RG3 will be better this year, but I think Luck will have the better overall career. I have Ben and a few backups, so I can afford to wait on Luck. I know my 2 main RB's are old (SJax & Turner), but I like my RB depth enough to get me by. I should get at least another year (this year) out of those 2, and if they get injured (or suck), I have Sproles & R.Bush to fall back on. Then I still have B.Tate/F.Jones/Leshoure/R.Williams (AZ). I haven't given up on the last 2, but after my luck with Leshoure & R.Williams last year, that's another reason why I passed on Martin (great pick at 1.04 though...I like him). Hoping that I have better "Luck" this year with my 1st rounder! :-B :-b ;-D

PS: Hey thrifty, are we allowed to name undrafted players? :-?

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby thriftyrocker » Tue May 29, 2012 5:17 pm

In general I don't care, but I will edit out any references I see because it annoys some people. Definitely use discretion if you do, like don't say "Did you see the post on Bleacher Report about this year's Arian Foster?!" But everyone knows the same top 20 players or so, so I'm not going to get angry about it.
thriftyrocker

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Tue May 29, 2012 5:26 pm

thriftyrocker wrote:In general I don't care, but I will edit out any references I see because it annoys some people. Definitely use discretion if you do, like don't say "Did you see the post on Bleacher Report about this year's Arian Foster?!" But everyone knows the same top 20 players or so, so I'm not going to get angry about it.

OK, I won't name any just because that's how all my other leagues do it. ;-D

flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby LS2throwed » Tue May 29, 2012 6:06 pm

I think this is the first time I saw both QB's go top 3 honestly. I'm not sure where to go at 7 so I was halfway hoping 1 of them made it to that point. For me personally, most know I'm on the RGIII>Luck bandwagon but I could see myself going either way depending on how my team was structured and who my other QB's were at the time. I think with Luck at worst your getting Matt Ryan, which is a pretty damn high floor. RGIII reminds me of Randall Cunningham and I don't see him busting in any way other then injury, but his best case scenario of hitting his max potential I have higher then Luck. Can't go wrong with either guy, just more so preference and how your teams were prior.

Also for anyone who may be interested, I'm looking into moving pick 10 and/or 12 for 2013 1st rounders. I may start to ask around here shortly.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Re: Round 1 : 2012 Rookie/FA Draft

Postby iamgregg » Tue May 29, 2012 6:17 pm

1.05 David Wilson - RB, NYG
iamgregg
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Re: Round 1 : 2012 Rookie/FA Draft

Postby LS2throwed » Tue May 29, 2012 7:04 pm

1.06 Justin Blackmon, WR, Jax

Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Tue May 29, 2012 7:55 pm

LS2throwed wrote:I think this is the first time I saw both QB's go top 3 honestly. I'm not sure where to go at 7 so I was halfway hoping 1 of them made it to that point. For me personally, most know I'm on the RGIII>Luck bandwagon but I could see myself going either way depending on how my team was structured and who my other QB's were at the time. I think with Luck at worst your getting Matt Ryan, which is a pretty damn high floor. RGIII reminds me of Randall Cunningham and I don't see him busting in any way other then injury, but his best case scenario of hitting his max potential I have higher then Luck. Can't go wrong with either guy, just more so preference and how your teams were prior.

Also for anyone who may be interested, I'm looking into moving pick 10 and/or 12 for 2013 1st rounders. I may start to ask around here shortly.

Luck & RG3 went 2-3 in the flex-factor rookie draft, but we do have a QB/RB flex.

flotsamnjetsam

Postby Kareighuis » Tue May 29, 2012 8:12 pm

LS2throwed wrote:I think this is the first time I saw both QB's go top 3 honestly. I'm not sure where to go at 7 so I was halfway hoping 1 of them made it to that point. For me personally, most know I'm on the RGIII>Luck bandwagon but I could see myself going either way depending on how my team was structured and who my other QB's were at the time. I think with Luck at worst your getting Matt Ryan, which is a pretty damn high floor. RGIII reminds me of Randall Cunningham and I don't see him busting in any way other then injury, but his best case scenario of hitting his max potential I have higher then Luck. Can't go wrong with either guy, just more so preference and how your teams were prior.

The Cowboys fan blasphemes!
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading." - Henny Youngman

I want a prehensile sucker tail, and I don't want to wait fifty million years.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

PreviousNext

Return to NFL's Finest