Dexter McCluster - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Dexter McCluster

Moderator: Football Moderators

Dexter McCluster

Postby stomperrob » Tue May 29, 2012 6:13 pm

Seeing as I have him in a couple of my dynasty leagues, I'm glad to see I'm not the only one expecting bigger things!

Posted on Mon, May. 28, 2012 09:05 PM
Chiefs want bigger things from McCluster
Chiefs switch speedy player to receiver, but that move may not be permanent.
By ADAM TEICHER
The Kansas City Star

For the second time in his still-young NFL career, Dexter McCluster is a wide receiver. But stay tuned to his situation, because soon he could be a running back, also for the second time.

That’s a lot of movement for a player who joined the Chiefs only two years ago. But it suggests the rather obvious: The Chiefs are struggling to find some value from McCluster, the first of their two second-round picks in 2010.

“We feel like he knows how to play running back, and we can put him over at running back at any point in time, but we felt like he needed the work at wide receiver,” said coach Romeo Crennel, explaining why McCluster has again shifted positions. “So we gave him the work at wide receiver. If we need him at running back then we’ll put him at running back. Probably what that will do is open it up for us to be able to use him however and whenever we need him at whatever position. He’s taken to it really well. He’s been enthusiastic about it, so that is working out pretty well for us.”

Perhaps mindful of an easier path to playing time, McCluster didn’t resist the move.

con't...

more: http://www.kansascity.com/2012/05/28/36 ... -from.html
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 168)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Dexter McCluster

Postby stomperrob » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:50 pm

Posted on Wed, Aug. 15, 2012 11:23 PM
Chiefs’ McCluster catches Crennel’s eye
By RANDY COVITZ
The Kansas City Star

Maybe Dexter McCluster has found a home after all.

McCluster, who shuttled between wide receiver, slot receiver, kick returner and running back in his first two seasons with the Chiefs, has settled in as a slot receiver this year and has enjoyed a productive training camp.

In the preseason opener against the Cardinals, he caught three passes for 45 yards — one for 7 yards on the first play from scrimmage, another for 9 yards on the third play of the game that converted a third and three; and then a pass downfield for 29 yards to the Arizona 4 that set up the Chiefs’ second touchdown.

“Dexter has not been an overall surprise,” coach Romeo Crennel said, “but he’s been good at what we’ve asked him to do. There was some question about asking him to do too much, where were we going to play him, and he’s handled it nicely.”

McCluster is just happy getting touches of the football no matter where they come from.

“I prefer whatever …” he said. “I’m not a guy that’s going to run away from anything.

http://www.kansascity.com/2012/08/15/37 ... nnels.html
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 168)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Football Talk