Shonn Greene - Update: signs with Titans - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Shonn Greene - Update: signs with Titans

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Shonn Greene - Update: decreased workload???

Postby Dawinner127 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:25 pm

I'm expecting Powell to take over as the lead back. He doesn't just run into the backs of his linemen and he can catch the ball out of the backfield.
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 71)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:11 am

Dawinner127 wrote:I'm expecting Powell to take over as the lead back. He doesn't just run into the backs of his linemen and he can catch the ball out of the backfield.

After Kevin Smith gave me a zero I needed an up and comer so I just paid $16 with a blind bid that is $100 a season. Hope he pays off. In that money league the guy who scores most always attracts some high bids so I figured this might be a cheap way of getting a future starter. Guess we will see
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Bilal Powell, overtaking Greene?

Postby oden » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:58 pm

He took 44% of the snaps last game and is averaging 4.1 YPC, twice that of Greene. Rex Ryan has seemed set on Greene but this week has kind of left the door open. I'm not sure whether I should drop Greene in favor of Powell, thoughts?

Rex Ryan this week on Powell:
Every week we look at things, how we approach different opponents and things like that...Anything we think can help, if it’s that Wildcat, (or anything else), we will look at all possibilities going into a game. Is that going to happen? I don’t know, but we will look at everything. (per Orr's report)

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1350611-fantasy-football-why-bilal-powell-is-a-must-own-in-deep-leagues
oden
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 3)

Re: Bilal Powell, overtaking Greene?

Postby Dawinner127 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:56 am

In 4 or 5 weeks Powell be the back to own. Don't drop Greene just yet
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Dawinner127 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:06 pm

Cowboys 4 life wrote:
Dawinner127 wrote:I'm expecting Powell to take over as the lead back. He doesn't just run into the backs of his linemen and he can catch the ball out of the backfield.

After Kevin Smith gave me a zero I needed an up and comer so I just paid $16 with a blind bid that is $100 a season. Hope he pays off. In that money league the guy who scores most always attracts some high bids so I figured this might be a cheap way of getting a future starter. Guess we will see

All I keep hearing about the kid is that his workload is going to increase. Give it 3 or 4 weeks and you will see Shonn Greene on the WW.

Powell for lead-back!! ;-D
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby petedog9 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:29 am

Two people who "know how (Jets owner Woody Johnson) runs his football operation" told ESPN New York that Johnson will "push his football people to start (Tim) Tebow."
There's no hard evidence Johnson is fixing to meddle with the Jets' lineup, but this is the same owner who pushed for Brett Favre in 2008. Johnson was guarded in his Monday vote of confidence in Mark Sanchez, and volunteered that questions about Tebow taking over will "be asked more frequently if this progresses because this is unacceptable playing." Already a slow train coming, Tebow supplanting Sanchez could become a formality if Sanchez's start against the Texans goes as poorly as it should on paper.

I think this is coming and a wildcat offense is going to be in effect. To me that means increased productivity to whichever NYJ RB is back there ala Mc Gahee last year with Tebow. They really have no choice. They have no weapons on the outside with Holmes done for the year and Ryan is desperate for some offense. I am keeping Greene on my bench for now to see how this shakes out.
petedog9
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby stomperrob » Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:30 pm

By BRIAN COSTELLO
Posted: 5:50 PM, October 15, 2012
Taking a look at the Jets playing time from Sunday's 35-9 win over the Colts.

OFFENSE -- 64 snaps

Running backs Snaps (percentage)

Shonn Greene 42 (66)

Lex Hilliard 22 (44)

Bilal Powell 14 (22)

Joe McKnight 8 (12)

Analysis: With Greene rolling, the coaches stuck with him. Powell and McKnight both suffered injuries late.

http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/jetsblog/ ... f=obinsite
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby Dawinner127 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:25 pm

With Powell and McKnight likely out this week, Jonathan Grimes could be a decent deep league pick up now as the #2 RB.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby stomperrob » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:55 pm

ESPN New York says impending free agent Shonn Greene is "as good as gone."
The Jets have one of the worst cap situations in the league and Greene is an extremely poor fit for new OC Marty Mornhinweg's West Coast scheme. It's a no-brainer to replace him with a committee spearheaded by Bilal Powell, Joe McKnight and a draft pick that actually has some burst. Greene managed just two runs of 20+ yards all last season. He's still our No. 5 free agent running back, behind Steven Jackson, Reggie Bush, Rashard Mendenhall and Cedric Benson.
Related: Bilal Powell, Joe McKnight
Source: ESPN New York
Feb 5 - 10:52 AM

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl ... layer-news
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: Shonn Greene - Update: future uncertain?

Postby stomperrob » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:20 pm

Titans agree to terms with Shonn Greene
March 13th, 2013 | by JIM WYATT, The Tennessean | 0 Comments

The Titans have added the two in their one-two punch at running back.

It’s former Jets running back Shonn Greene, who agreed to a three-year, $10 million deal during his visit to Baptist Sports Park on Wednesday.

Greene, a four-year veteran, ran for 1,063 yards last season.

The Titans were looking for a bigger back to complement running back Chris Johnson, and Greene, 27, fits that mold. He’s a 5-foot-11, 225-pounder known for his bruising style of play.

In his four seasons with the Jets he rushed for 3,423 yards on 822 carries, a 4.2-yard average. He’s recorded back-to-back 1,000-yard seasons.

http://blogs.tennessean.com/titans/2013 ... nn-greene/
stomperrob

Previous

Return to Football Talk