FILLED - Startup IDP / PPR / Contract - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Classifieds

FILLED - Startup IDP / PPR / Contract

Moderator: Football Moderators

FILLED - Startup IDP / PPR / Contract

Postby messinwithu » Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:53 pm

We have formed a new league on the MFL site.
The league is "Insane Asylum"
We opened signups last Tuesday and have 10 guys already signed up. We want to finish signups so that we can schedule the start date for our draft.

We use a years contract type of league (not salary based). I have found this to be a great setup.
IDP - PPR - 45 man roster + 5 man taxi squad.

During the initial draft serpentine (3rd round reversal) you draft your team and each player gets a contract between 1-4 years. You take the total number of players drafted and multiply that by 2.5 that gives you the total number of years you may assign (rounded up if ending in .5). We have 45 rounds so you have a total of 113 years worth of contracts to assign.

Rookies are drafted in a separate draft and automatically get a 5 year contract during the rookie draft. There is a 5 man taxi squad that allows you to keep players on there for an unlimited number of years before moving them to the active roster. After they are moved to the active roster they may never be moved back to Taxi.

Waivers - all waiver claims get a 1 year contract. If the player is a rookie according to MFL they may be moved to taxi squad before they are on the active roster for a game and they are then given a 5 year contract.

FA auction - Future years there is a FA auction which includes all players that had the contracts run out. The same contract system is used after the FA auction 2.5 years for each player you draft.

Franchise and Transition tags -
Franchise - Each year you are allowed to franchise a player that player is given a 4 year contract and does not come up for auction.
Transition - Each year you are allowed to also transition tag a player. Those players are put up for auction before the FA auction begins. When the auction ends for your player you are given the option if you want to match the winning bid. The player is the first of your FA's from the FA auction

Those are some basic rules of the league. It is a great setup and we have been doing a similar league since 2007 without a big turnover of owners.

Sorry I am not allowed to post a link here but if you go to myfantasyleague(dot)com and search for Insane Asylum we are the only league listed.

If interested just email commish on league site.
Thanks
Last edited by messinwithu on Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
messinwithu
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Startup IDP / PPR / Contract

Postby fade2red » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:57 am

What is commishes email? I'm interested, but can't find it anywhere on the site. Reply here or PM me.

Thanks
fade2red
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby messinwithu » Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:35 pm

Thanks for the replies.
As of now we have 12 of 16 filled with a couple up in the air.

On myfantasyleague after finding our "insane asylum" league hit communication--> email commish

That does not always work (see previous post)
So PM me or post message and I will get back to you

Thanks
messinwithu

Postby messinwithu » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:05 am

Only 2 spots left.

This will be a fun league.
Don't miss the opportunity to join.
messinwithu

Postby commishhofl » Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:18 pm

As of this post we have one slot open.
commishhofl
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby commishhofl » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:37 am

We are at 16, collecting fees, always the chance that someone will drop at this point..so if you are interested in the league, would still like to hear from you, send me a PM or email Commish from league site..will know within a day or two if we need someone to fill an open slot. Thanks
commishhofl
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby commishhofl » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:08 pm

1 slot, open..

We have 15 on board, all fees paid, send me a PM or an email via the Commish link at the league site
commishhofl
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby snider » Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:21 am

commishhofl wrote:1 slot, open..

We have 15 on board, all fees paid, send me a PM or an email via the Commish link at the league site

If that spot is still open let me know, I have been trying to pm you but haven't had much luck. I am interested but would like a little more info. I have been playing for several years and am a very active owner. Also am very familiar with mfl it is a very good site. Let me know the cost and any more info if you still have an opening.
Thanks,
Andy
snider

Re: FILLED - Startup IDP / PPR / Contract

Postby commishhofl » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:38 am

League is filled
commishhofl
Water Boy
Water Boy