Interesting league format. Can set 2 as Keepers...which two? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Interesting league format. Can set 2 as Keepers...which two?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Which 2 for Keepers?

Poll ended at Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:35 am

Brees - $51
10%
Megatron - $51
50%
Ray Rice - $66
20%
Schaub - $26
No votes
Lloyd - $26
No votes
SJax - $46
No votes
Donald Brown - $6
10%
Torrey Smith - $6
10%

Total votes : 10

Interesting league format. Can set 2 as Keepers...which two?

Postby Fantasy Dud » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:35 am

Our league uses an auction draft and we changed it last year so that you can keep up to 2 players. The 2nd year, the Keeper costs $5 more, the 3rd year; another $5 more, the 4th year; another $15 more, and the 5th year he becomes a free agent again. This would be the 2nd year.

We have a $240 budget and the roster is as follows:
QB (1)
RB (2)
WR (2)
Flex (WR/RB/TE) (1)
TE (1)
K (1)
DEF (1)
BN (5)

In the poll is who I need to decide on two from...Obviously tough to give up Brees and Megatron but are they my best value being that I could still bid for them in the auction draft if I wanted them back and had enough money? Cost is what they would cost me for this upcoming year

Thanks for the help. WHIR!!!
Fantasy Dud
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Interesting league format. Can set 2 as Keepers...which

Postby Indibuck » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:50 am

What do you anticipate that a top RB like Rice would fetch if he were put back into the auction pool?

Same question for Brees and Calvin.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 157)

Postby Jason497 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:53 am

I don't have experience with Auction leagues but I think with the ability to start 3 RBs Ray Rice would make a lot of sense along with Megatron. Rice is being talked about as a top 3 pick in redraft so $66 sounds fair and you could still bid on Brees again if he went back into the pool, with all the problems the Saints are having you might be able to get him back at that same price.
Jason497
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 41)

Postby Fantasy Dud » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:40 am

Last year the 4 highest players were Rice, AP, CJ2K and Rodgers, all at $61. I had traded for Rice.
QB - Brees, R Wilson
RB - Turner, Morris, Mendenhall, Powell, Best
WR - Ca.Johnson, Maclin, A Brown, T. Smith, Jeffery
TE - Bennett
K - Hartley
DEF - Arizona
Fantasy Dud
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby 11stever11 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:30 pm

I would keep Megatron who should be at $61 so I like the value there. I would skip Ray Rice with the $61 tag. Megatron and Ray Rice would leave a small amount to spend. My last keeper would be Torrey Smith who I like more then Lloyd who is much more expensive. It will also allow more spending room during the draft. good luck! ;-D
Thanks Franchise Fan for the sig!
11stever11

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 46)

Postby Indibuck » Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:08 pm

11stever11 wrote:I would keep Megatron who should be at $61 so I like the value there. I would skip Ray Rice with the $61 tag. Megatron and Ray Rice would leave a small amount to spend. My last keeper would be Torrey Smith who I like more then Lloyd who is much more expensive. It will also allow more spending room during the draft. good luck! ;-D

Yeah I agree with this. Rice is too expensive to keep at his current price IMHO based on last year's pricing.

Calvin is a no-brainer... and I really like Torrey Smith at that price, he could turn into a long-term keeper for you for a few years.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 157)

Postby Fantasy Dud » Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:24 pm

Thanks guys! I like that thought.

Probably should have made this point as well... the one caveat...Touchdown passes are worth 6pts in our league with a bonus at 300yds. Brees was the #1 ranked player in our league last year because of this. Would that bring Brees higher than Torrey in your opinion?
Fantasy Dud
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby murphysxm » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:53 pm

I would keep Calvin and Donald Brown. In a 3 RB league, I like his value over Torrey Smith. There is no real legit competition in Indy and he should be a solid #3, with chance for fringe #2 for a very inexpensive cost
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 212)

Postby 11stever11 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:54 pm

Fantasy Dud wrote:Thanks guys! I like that thought.

Probably should have made this point as well... the one caveat...Touchdown passes are worth 6pts in our league with a bonus at 300yds. Brees was the #1 ranked player in our league last year because of this. Would that bring Brees higher than Torrey in your opinion?

While that makes Brees intriguing I would still keep T. Smith. That would save you $45 that you can spend on depth which will be important in auction.
Thanks Franchise Fan for the sig!
11stever11

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 46)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions