Keeper Help - Charles or VJax - WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Keeper Help - Charles or VJax - WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Keeper Help - Charles or VJax - WHIR

Postby MV3 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:14 pm

Hello Cafe,

I am in a three keeper league with 10 teams.
I will be keeping MJD and Forte and need help on the third.
It is a small (.1 PPR) league with fairly normal rules.

There is a bevy of WR talent that will be coming off the boards with managers that can't keep them. I know Welker, M. Wallace, V. Cruz, Colston, S. Johnson and S. Smith will be around when I pick at #2. I also have the 9th pick due to a trade last year. There will a few RBs that will be available, but will be more in the Ryan Matthews range.

THE QUESTION IS: Do I keep J. Charles (Chiefs) or Vincent Jackson (Bucs).

I've got to go Charles, right?
MV3
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Keeper Help - Charles or VJax

Postby 11stever11 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:35 pm

I would keep Charles. He had a long time to recover from the injury since it happened early in the season. He may start off a little slow but I think he will be top 10 by the end of the year. Also you can get a better WR than a RB with your 9th pick. good luck! ;-D
Thanks Franchise Fan for the sig!
11stever11

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 46)

Re: Keeper Help - Charles or VJax

Postby BurritoBoy » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:08 pm

11stever11 wrote:I would keep Charles. He had a long time to recover from the injury since it happened early in the season. He may start off a little slow but I think he will be top 10 by the end of the year. Also you can get a better WR than a RB with your 9th pick. good luck! ;-D

This. Having 2 of the top 9 picks helps you out here, and all those stud WRs that will be available (VJ would also be in that list if you release him). Charles is fantastic when healthy, and hopefully he is able to recover and preform. You have many opportunities to selcet top tier WRs, but you would probably have to use your #2 overall pick on him anyways. Also I think that VJ's numbers will be a bit down this year compared to his typical production, since Josh Freeman is a step down from Philip Rivers. You could wind up with 2 great WRs from these picks, and have a great foundation.

Also I saw you mention Ryan Mathews, I just wanted to say that many are projecting him to be a top 5 RB this year with no Tolbert to steal TDs, as well as Rivers losing VJ and the passing attack weakening. I saw another post in this forum talking all about Mathews, and since I saw his name, I was reminded of it. I'd keep my eye on him, as he should have a huge year if he stays healthy. Not to turn this into a Ryan Mathews board, just sharing my 2 cents.

Also, I noticed that you aren't keeping a QB, and you are planning on keeping Forte. Unless I didn't have better options, I wouldn't keep Forte, with Chicago bringing in 2 new big (in size) WRs for Cutler, as well as Bush who is a more than capable backup. He showed what he could do when DMC went down, and I have a feeling that Forte won't reach his potential this year. The Bears would love to be able to keep him long-term, but if he has another fantastic year, he won't be cheap, and I just get the vibe from them that they are planning on keeping Forte on a leash with all the new offensive weapons brought in for Cutler and co.
BurritoBoy Beginner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 12)

Re: Keeper Help - Charles or VJax - WHIR

Postby murphysxm » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:14 pm

I'd prefer to not keep 3 RB's because it limits your flexibility and ability to draft best available, but if VJax is the best WR you have, you have to keep Charles over him.
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 212)

Postby B3N1ZJAM1N » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:36 pm

Go with Charles
B3N1ZJAM1N
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Indibuck » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:31 am

Another vote for Charles over VJax
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 157)

Postby mzkp54 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:34 pm

Agreed, I keep Charles here
mzkp54
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 233)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions