What to ask for Welker. Dynasty League - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

What to ask for Welker. Dynasty League

Moderator: Football Moderators

What to ask for Welker. Dynasty League

Postby The305MiamiCanes » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:01 pm

I have a guy in my league who really wants Foster but just isnt willing to give up enough to get him, the attention has now swung onto Welker. What would be a reasonable offer to make? Dont forget that this is a dynasty league.

14 team .5 PPR - My team
QB-Vick,Gabbert,Kolb
RB-Foster,McGahee,TaiwanJones,Hightower,LT,Brandon Jackson
WR-Roddy,Garcon,Branch,Avant,Streeter,A.J.Jenkins,Welker
TE-Gates,Owen,Mercedes

His team
QB-Romo,Hasselback, Henne,Owseiler
RB-Sproles, Bush, Pierre Thomas, Spiller, Starks, Creer
WR-Jody Nelson, Stevie Johnson, Nate Washington, Gaffney, DHB, Bennet, Alshon, Posey
TE- Graham, Pitta
Draft Picks
2 first round 2013 picks
2 first round 2014 picks
The305MiamiCanes
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff


Posts: 119
Joined: 27 Aug 2010
Home Cafe: Football

Re: What to ask for Welker. Dynasty League

Postby 11stever11 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:43 pm

I like the idea of selling Welker. Try Welker for Spiller and Steve Johnson. You need a future RB2 and that is what Spiller will give you. Also Johnson is a nice piece to have.
Image
Thanks Franchise Fan for the sig!
11stever11
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 3969
(Past Year: 60)
Joined: 1 Nov 2010
Home Cafe: Football

Re: What to ask for Welker. Dynasty League

Postby B3N1ZJAM1N » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:33 pm

I would think about offering him and gates for graham and maybe Washington. I like selling on welker and Ioce buying on graham
B3N1ZJAM1N
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 2036
Joined: 23 Aug 2010
Home Cafe: Football

Re: What to ask for Welker. Dynasty League

Postby Guru13 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:41 am

B3N1ZJAM1N wrote:I would think about offering him and gates for graham and maybe Washington. I like selling on welker and Ioce buying on graham

I'd be shocked if someone would trade graham for gates straight up much less with a throw in. I think you have to get a lesser WR back if you trade Welker regardless of who it is because you have very little depth at the position. If he'd do Johnson and Spiller for Welker as mentioned before I think you'd have done quite well. Starks has some potential as well considering the lack of competition for carries there.
Image
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 9206
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 29 Nov 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Re: What to ask for Welker. Dynasty League

Postby B3N1ZJAM1N » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:20 pm

Guru13 wrote:
B3N1ZJAM1N wrote:I would think about offering him and gates for graham and maybe Washington. I like selling on welker and Ioce buying on graham

I'd be shocked if someone would trade graham for gates straight up much less with a throw in. I think you have to get a lesser WR back if you trade Welker regardless of who it is because you have very little depth at the position. If he'd do Johnson and Spiller for Welker as mentioned before I think you'd have done quite well. Starks has some potential as well considering the lack of competition for carries there.


It's not straight up lol
B3N1ZJAM1N
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 2036
Joined: 23 Aug 2010
Home Cafe: Football

Re: What to ask for Welker. Dynasty League

Postby BurritoBoy » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:47 am

The thing is that you have two undisputed "ppr monsters" in White and Welker, losing Welker would be quite the blow to your team with his consistency in catches and all the yards he gets. Stevie does give you a nice piece along with Spiller, I'd try to get a little bit more.

Before the trade, you have great numbers coming out of your top 2 WRs and 1 RB, after the trade your WR2 numbers would drop a bit, but RB2 would go up. If you think that you could swing a Gates/Graham swap without giving up too much, then I would go for it. If you have to throw Welker in that deal, I'd try to get a WR2 and maybe a cheap RB too, Gates still has value for about a year or two, VJax leaving town could be big for Gates, and you could use that as a selling point.
BurritoBoy Beginner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert
Posts: 710
(Past Year: 12)
Joined: 12 Nov 2009
Home Cafe: Football

Re: What to ask for Welker. Dynasty League

Postby Guru13 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:37 pm

B3N1ZJAM1N wrote:
Guru13 wrote:
B3N1ZJAM1N wrote:I would think about offering him and gates for graham and maybe Washington. I like selling on welker and Ioce buying on graham

I'd be shocked if someone would trade graham for gates straight up much less with a throw in. I think you have to get a lesser WR back if you trade Welker regardless of who it is because you have very little depth at the position. If he'd do Johnson and Spiller for Welker as mentioned before I think you'd have done quite well. Starks has some potential as well considering the lack of competition for carries there.


It's not straight up lol

:-b I'm an idiot. I missed the 'and' where you said 'him and gates', and was terribly confused.
Image
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 9206
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 29 Nov 2004
Home Cafe: Football


Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 4:49 hours
(and 42 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact