Moderator: Football Moderators

Suh on the move

Postby stomperrob » Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:57 pm

Seems like a good idea, gonna be interesting to see how it works:

Warren Sapp inspires Lions' plans for Ndamukong Suh
By Marc Sessler
Published: June 5, 2012 at 12:18 p.m.
Updated: June 5, 2012 at 01:03 p.m.

We're catching up with a heavy bundle of Detroit Lions news this Tuesday morning. While we're at it, let's check in with Ndamukong Suh.

Word out of Detroit is that Suh is being used creatively on the defensive line. After two seasons planted at the left tackle spot, Suh lined up on the right side during a portion of Monday's open practice session. Defensive coordinator Gunther Cunningham hinted we could see more of this during Suh's third campaign with the team.

"Warren (Sapp) will be happy; I'm going to move (Suh) all over the place now," Cunningham told the Detroit Free Press on Monday. "As a matter of fact, I showed him some of Warren's tape. Warren should be really happy."

Cunningham is harkening back to Sapp's Suh-centric riff during Super Bowl week. The NFL Network analyst jabbed the Lions for taking a predictable approach with their tackle, whose sack total dipped from 10 as a rookie to four last season.

"I like (Lions general manager) Martin Mayhew, so I'm like, 'Somebody want to put him on the right side a little more?' " Sapp said. "Jesus, you put the man in a position where he's here, and now people have wham blocks and all that because they know he's right there every time. When I was (alternating sides), you had to map this thing out. ... He's right there every time. I'm like, 'Come on, Gunther, stop it.' And then you put (Nick) Fairley behind him? Oh, so we don't get to see them side by side?"

more: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8 ... line_stack
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 160)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Suh on the move

Postby moochman » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:05 pm

cool, we need to find ways to make Suh more of a disrupter. Last season it seemed like too many easy double teams and even one on one blocking schemes neutralized a player who should be a terror on a weekly basis.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Suh on the move

Postby bigken117 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:34 pm

they should be alternating him just to keep the OL off guard, make them adjust their coverage and hope a mistake is made that lets someone slip through.
Jacoby Ellsbury - Official Red Sox prospect of the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!
bigken117
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Eagle EyeBaseball Mod
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Detroit Lions