Keep RB over QB? WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Keep RB over QB? WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Keep RB over QB? WHIR

Postby mzkp54 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:34 pm

If you can only keep 2 and its a 10 team league, I think you have a better chance of replacing Lynch's production than Cam or Gronk.

Lend a hand?
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=513307&p=3421264#p3421264
mzkp54
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 233)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby northernpackfan » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:57 pm

I'd keep Lynch (and am actually in a similar situation with him in my league). While Lynch could bust, so could almost any of the RBs this year, that's just a risk with the position. I also really like the fact that he's going to get a lot of chances to pick up his yards and TDs, since I don't really see Turbin stealing a lot of touches from him (Carroll really likes Lynch).

I'm also a little apprehensive about Newton in '12. He got a lot of fantasy points from rushing TDs, and there's no way Ron Rivera lets his star QB put himself in danger that many times again next year. He's going to spend a lot of the offseason working on Newton's ability to find other ways to get the points without risking the hits.

I also don't think a lot hinges on draft spot. If you are going to be in a position to get Lynch in the 1st round, you're probably also going to be in a position to get a bigger stud QB than Newton. IMO, I would put more weight into who is going to be available. The GMs in my league seem to cling to their RBs, so I know there will be an even greater dearth of them available in the draft than usual. For me, that makes Lynch a hot commodity.
northernpackfan
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Indibuck » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:01 pm

northernpackfan wrote:I'd keep Lynch (and am actually in a similar situation with him in my league). While Lynch could bust, so could almost any of the RBs this year, that's just a risk with the position. I also really like the fact that he's going to get a lot of chances to pick up his yards and TDs, since I don't really see Turbin stealing a lot of touches from him (Carroll really likes Lynch).

I'm also a little apprehensive about Newton in '12. He got a lot of fantasy points from rushing TDs, and there's no way Ron Rivera lets his star QB put himself in danger that many times again next year. He's going to spend a lot of the offseason working on Newton's ability to find other ways to get the points without risking the hits.

I also don't think a lot hinges on draft spot. If you are going to be in a position to get Lynch in the 1st round, you're probably also going to be in a position to get a bigger stud QB than Newton. IMO, I would put more weight into who is going to be available. The GMs in my league seem to cling to their RBs, so I know there will be an even greater dearth of them available in the draft than usual. For me, that makes Lynch a hot commodity.

This is great analysis, especially the third paragraph. Post more often please! ;-D
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 157)

Postby northernpackfan » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:11 pm

Indibuck wrote:
northernpackfan wrote:I'd keep Lynch (and am actually in a similar situation with him in my league). While Lynch could bust, so could almost any of the RBs this year, that's just a risk with the position. I also really like the fact that he's going to get a lot of chances to pick up his yards and TDs, since I don't really see Turbin stealing a lot of touches from him (Carroll really likes Lynch).

This is great analysis, especially the third paragraph. Post more often please! ;-D

Glad you enjoyed the thoughts. I happened to stumble onto this site the other day, and after scanning for a while, was impressed with the threads and posts. This looks like a great discussion board, and I have a feeling I'll quickly become a regular.
northernpackfan
Water Boy
Water Boy

Previous

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions