Rice for 2nd & 3rd Draft picks???? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Rice for 2nd & 3rd Draft picks????

Moderator: Football Moderators

Rice for 2nd & 3rd Draft picks????

Postby baddhipp2 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:08 pm

Sup fellas i have a little dilima..i pretty much know what direction im going to go but i need some more advice to make me 100% sure....
I'm in a 12 man 1 keeper league ......

My Keeper is A.Rodgers....as of now i Don't know my draft order..This is a 6pt / TD's and 1ppr scoring...

I was offered R.Rice for my 2nd and 3rd rd draft picks..... what you think?

Here our the other 11 keepers.. Brady,Brees,Stafford, Foster, Mccoy, calvin, Rice, mcfadden, Turner, Newton, Rivers........

My 1st thought is to jump all over this deal...To start with Rodgers and Rice then still have my 1st rd pick to draft anthor stud player would be excellent... I wouldnt have a 3rd rd pick but i think i can make it up with good drafting...what yall think..Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!
baddhipp2
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Rice for 2nd & 3rd Draft picks????

Postby TruNinerFan » Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:44 pm

I would do it. Rice is a PPR monster and there is nobody there to steal carries. It is well worth not having a 3rd round pick to get him. The only risk is if he holds out. But, I think the Ravens know that they have to pay the man.

thanks to Franchise Fan for the sig!!!!!
TruNinerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 156)

Postby 11stever11 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:06 pm

I would do it as well. Having both Ray Rice and Aaron Rodgers is a great start to a team. good luck! ;-D
Thanks Franchise Fan for the sig!
11stever11

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 60)

Postby Indibuck » Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:16 pm

Another vote for pulling the trigger on this deal... with everyone keeping 1 player, It's akin to taking Rodgers in the first, holding onto your 2nd pick (best available WR?), and trading your third and 4th for Rice.

Win/win for both sides, assuming that the other owner has someone of even better value they are keeping in lieu of Rice.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 173)

Postby BurritoBoy » Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:36 pm

I'm confused. If you can only keep one player than how can you make the trade and keep both of the players? I guess there must be some special rules that allow this type of action
BurritoBoy Beginner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 12)

Postby Jason497 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:01 pm

BurritoBoy wrote:I'm confused. If you can only keep one player than how can you make the trade and keep both of the players? I guess there must be some special rules that allow this type of action

I assume once everyone cuts down to 1 then you can trade the guy away for picks if you want.
Jason497
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 41)

Postby baddhipp2 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:09 pm

Jason497 wrote:
BurritoBoy wrote:I'm confused. If you can only keep one player than how can you make the trade and keep both of the players? I guess there must be some special rules that allow this type of action

I assume once everyone cuts down to 1 then you can trade the guy away for picks if you want.

Yep once we picked our 1 keeper then you can trade him if you wish....so if i take the rice deal at the end of the year ill have to pick between him and rodgers to be my keeper.....
baddhipp2
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby BurritoBoy » Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:47 pm

baddhipp2 wrote:
Jason497 wrote:

Yep once we picked our 1 keeper then you can trade him if you wish....so if i take the rice deal at the end of the year ill have to pick between him and rodgers to be my keeper.....

Ohh I gotcha. Well then yeah I would take Rice too.
BurritoBoy Beginner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 12)

Postby B3N1ZJAM1N » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:15 pm

Do it. But since I'm bad about even numbers I would ask for a high numbered pick just so it's even...but that's me lol
B3N1ZJAM1N
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions