Keeper League 2QB Draft Strategy Help - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Keeper League 2QB Draft Strategy Help

Moderator: Football Moderators

Keeper League 2QB Draft Strategy Help

Postby Thrasher52 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:11 am

Hey just looking for some outside advice here.

12 team non PPR league (4 pts for passing touchdown, 5 pts for rushing touchdown, 6 pts for receiving touchdown)
QB
RB
RB
WR
WR
WR
RB/WR
TE
QB/TE
K
DEF
8 BENCH

The draft is tonight and it's snake format with me drafting 1.2 and then 2.11 and so forth. Rodgers will be going #1 and I'll be on the clock with a pretty decent amount of ways I can go. I was thinking of drafting Tom Brady and then going back to back RB for rounds 2 and 3 and getting my 2nd qb in round 4. My thinking was I'd end up with a Forte/Murray combo since rookies aren't included in the draft, I'm sure Charles will slip as well. What are your thoughts on how I should go about this because I could obviously go with Arian Foster and then flip two qb's in rounds 2 and 3....hmmmmmm!!!!
Thrasher52
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Keeper League 2QB Draft Strategy Help

Postby Indibuck » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:30 am

With the ability to start 2, elite QBs are more precious than even stud RBs. Brady is a great choice at 1.02... or Brees or Stafford or Cam, assuming Rodgers is gone at the 1.01.

Then select best available players in the 2nd and 3rd rounds, although I would make sure that one is a RB.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 194)

Postby Thrasher52 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:41 am

I am staying away from Brees with him not having signed yet and the entire coach/player suspension agenda going on. Stafford/Cam is interesting but I like Brady as a safe 23+ point per week guy and his team is pass heavy with like zero running game lol woodhead/vereen now that Benjarvis GE is gone to Cin. I just want two top 12 qb's on my roster and the questions come if a Romo/Vick/Manning/Ryan don't slip to round 3-4, then I'm stuck with Brady and maybe Sanchez = grosss.
Thrasher52

Postby 11stever11 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:57 am

Indibuck wrote:With the ability to start 2, elite QBs are more precious than even stud RBs. Brady is a great choice at 1.02... or Brees or Stafford or Cam, assuming Rodgers is gone at the 1.01.

Then select best available players in the 2nd and 3rd rounds, although I would make sure that one is a RB.

I agree with this. Can't go wrong with Brady with the 1.2. There probably will be good value in the second round at RB, and you can take another QB in the third or fourth. I do not think you will have to take Sanchez in the third/fourth and if thats the case then there is great RB and WR value on the board. good luck! ;-D
Thanks Franchise Fan for the sig!
11stever11

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 69)

Postby murphysxm » Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:54 pm

I think I'd take Brees because his ceiling is higher than Brady's, but Brady is a solid pick
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 238)

Postby Thrasher52 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:32 am

So I went Newton and my team shaped up as so:

Cam Newton
Ben Roethlisberger (Matt Hasselbeck on bench)

Reggie Bush
Beanie Wells
Shonn Greene (LeGarette Blount and Shane Vereen on bench)

Victor Cruz
Darrius Heyward-Bey
Michael Crabtree (Malcom Floyd, Early Doucet, Steve Breaston on bench)

Jermichael Finley (Brent Celek on bench)

Dan Carpenter

Seattle Seahawks (Arizona Cardinals on bench)

It is a dynasty league so that changed my strategy, now the best part is we have a separate draft in a month for all the rookies and I drew first pick lol Luck/RGIII here I come!!! Point being I'll be set at the QB position for the entire lasting of the league with Newton and either Luck or Griffin :)

Whutcha guys think?
Thrasher52

Postby Jason497 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:16 pm

Thrasher52 wrote:So I went Newton and my team shaped up as so:

Cam Newton
Ben Roethlisberger (Matt Hasselbeck on bench)

Reggie Bush
Beanie Wells
Shonn Greene (LeGarette Blount and Shane Vereen on bench)

Victor Cruz
Darrius Heyward-Bey
Michael Crabtree (Malcom Floyd, Early Doucet, Steve Breaston on bench)

Jermichael Finley (Brent Celek on bench)

Dan Carpenter

Seattle Seahawks (Arizona Cardinals on bench)

It is a dynasty league so that changed my strategy, now the best part is we have a separate draft in a month for all the rookies and I drew first pick lol Luck/RGIII here I come!!! Point being I'll be set at the QB position for the entire lasting of the league with Newton and either Luck or Griffin :)

Whutcha guys think?

I have a hard time passing on Richardson at 1.1 when you can start 3 RBs, you are fine starting Cam and Ben but since it is a start 2 QB league I couldn't completely fault you either for going QB.
Jason497
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 42)

Postby murphysxm » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:42 pm

Jason497 wrote:I have a hard time passing on Richardson at 1.1 when you can start 3 RBs, you are fine starting Cam and Ben but since it is a start 2 QB league I couldn't completely fault you either for going QB.

Agreed, but definitely think if you go QB it should be Luck. I think having two running QB's is an increased risk you don't need to take.
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 238)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions