Trade advice- help with a counter WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Trade advice- help with a counter WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Trade advice- help with a counter WHIR

Postby mzkp54 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:31 pm

12 team dynasty PPR- Newish to dynasty

Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 RB/WR/TE

My team:
QB- Brees, Smith, Wilson (R)
RB- Lynch, Bradshaw, R Bush, Blount, Turbin (R), Goodson, McKnight, Ringer
WR- Fitzgerald, TBMW, M Floyd (SD), M Floyd (R), Sanu (R), Cobb, Breaston, Ford, Collie, Jacoby Jones, S Smith (STL)
TE- Gates, Celek, K Davis

I think this team needs some help specifically at WR. I was just offered VJax and 2013 3rd for Michael Floyd and Randall Cobb.

I'm torn on it, as I need some startable WR's, but don't love the deal. His other notable WR's are: Harvin, Austin, Little, Garcon, Decker, Sanders.

All input is appreciated
mzkp54
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 233)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Trade advice- help with a counter WHIR

Postby 11stever11 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:23 pm

With it being a PPR league I would try for Harvin. Cobb and Floyd (R) for Harvin is worth a shot.
Just a side note I would look to trade Gates when he still has some value left. Not sure if the team you are trading with has a TE need or not. good luck! ;-D
Thanks Franchise Fan for the sig!
11stever11

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 46)

Postby murphysxm » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:34 pm

With it being a PPR league I would try for Harvin

I'm guessing Harvin is going to be pretty expensive, I think I would start with him and "settle" for Decker or Little. See if you can slide Sanu in for Floyd as well.
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 212)

Postby northernpackfan » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:32 pm

I wouldn't touch that deal.

First, he's offering a guy whose not as valuable in PPR, who plays streaky and therefore can't be relied upon, and who has just switched teams to one that isn't going to be as pass oriented as SD has been the past few years.

Second, he's asking for, in my opinion, your two best young players. Cobb is in an incredibly pass-heavy offense, is remarkably talented, and has begun to build rapport with Rodgers (yes, I admit I'm a bit biased toward Cobb since I'm a Packer fan, but I see nothing but tremendous upside for this kid). And I assume the Floyd he's asking for is the rookie - a first rounder who won't pay a lot of dividends this year (especially with his current QBs), but has an amazingly high ceiling, especially when partnered with Fitz (2013 could be huge for Floyd).

This is a dynasty league, while you want to win in 2012, you have to keep your future seasons in your peripheral vision.

I'd counter with an offer of either Cobb or Floyd for Harvin (which he likely will scoff at, but you could then settle for Austin - who I think will regain some of his waning value now that Laurent Robinson is gone, and Jerry didn't draft a WR this year).
northernpackfan
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby BurritoBoy » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:31 am

northernpackfan wrote:I wouldn't touch that deal.

First, he's offering a guy whose not as valuable in PPR, who plays streaky and therefore can't be relied upon, and who has just switched teams to one that isn't going to be as pass oriented as SD has been the past few years.

Second, he's asking for, in my opinion, your two best young players. Cobb is in an incredibly pass-heavy offense, is remarkably talented, and has begun to build rapport with Rodgers (yes, I admit I'm a bit biased toward Cobb since I'm a Packer fan, but I see nothing but tremendous upside for this kid). And I assume the Floyd he's asking for is the rookie - a first rounder who won't pay a lot of dividends this year (especially with his current QBs), but has an amazingly high ceiling, especially when partnered with Fitz (2013 could be huge for Floyd).

This is a dynasty league, while you want to win in 2012, you have to keep your future seasons in your peripheral vision.

I'd counter with an offer of either Cobb or Floyd for Harvin (which he likely will scoff at, but you could then settle for Austin - who I think will regain some of his waning value now that Laurent Robinson is gone, and Jerry didn't draft a WR this year).

Agreed here. VJax can throw up games of 30 points one week, then 5 the next week. The point on his PPR value is very acurate, and that would also give you 2 WRs on a team that isn't known for slingin the pigskin. Of course, you currently have the top 2 options on the Cardinals, but we all know what Fitz is capable of and Floyd's potential can make one salivate.

You are right on needing startable WRs, and the deal mentioned in my quote, I would try it and try and get Austin, who Romo has a good rapport with, is consistent, and the red zone vulture Robinson is gone as well. You have 3 young WRs with great potential (Cobb, Sanu and Floyd)

Does your league account return yards as well, because that creates more value for Cobb and Bush, but Harvin as well. If you could have him "settle" for Austin and a draft pick, that would be great for you.
BurritoBoy Beginner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 12)

Postby hbs » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:05 am

murphysxm wrote:
With it being a PPR league I would try for Harvin

I'm guessing Harvin is going to be pretty expensive, I think I would start with him and "settle" for Decker or Little. See if you can slide Sanu in for Floyd as well.

I like this answer, I really wouldn't want to touch Vincent due to his week to week volatility.
hbs
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Indibuck » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:18 pm

mzkp54 wrote:12 team dynasty PPR- Newish to dynasty

Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 RB/WR/TE

My team:
QB- Brees, Smith, Wilson (R)
RB- Lynch, Bradshaw, R Bush, Blount, Turbin (R), Goodson, McKnight, Ringer
WR- Fitzgerald, TBMW, M Floyd (SD), M Floyd (R), Sanu (R), Cobb, Breaston, Ford, Collie, Jacoby Jones, S Smith (STL)
TE- Gates, Celek, K Davis

I think this team needs some help specifically at WR. I was just offered VJax and 2013 3rd for Michael Floyd and Randall Cobb.

I'm torn on it, as I need some startable WR's, but don't love the deal. His other notable WR's are: Harvin, Austin, Little, Garcon, Decker, Sanders.

All input is appreciated

The original offer is an easy pass.

I think that getting Harvin is a pipe dream. I wouldn't even mess with that.

I would target Little, Decker, or Austin. Little will be least expensive, and I am high on him in 2012 and beyond.

Does the other owner have anything at RB? Other than your top 3, you have no real depth at the position. Just looking for a counter you could offer.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 157)

Postby mzkp54 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:10 pm

His RB: Foster, AP, Gerhart, JAcobs, Hillis, Sneilling, Stevens-Howling.

He's mostly interested in Cobb. Do you think Cobb and Sanu could net me Austin or Decker, or just Cobb for Little straight up?
mzkp54
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 233)

Postby northernpackfan » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:05 pm

mzkp54 wrote:His RB: Foster, AP, Gerhart, JAcobs, Hillis, Sneilling, Stevens-Howling.

He's mostly interested in Cobb. Do you think Cobb and Sanu could net me Austin or Decker, or just Cobb for Little straight up?

I'd think you should be able to get Austin for Cobb + a pick, or Cobb for Little straight up (both 2nd year players with good potential for 2012). I'm not as high on Little this year, but think he could be amazing in 2013. I think he's going to really come on strong later in 2012, as he needs a little more experience, and also since Weeden is going to need to get used to the pro game. It might be good to buy him early, but IMO, you'd be trading one 2nd year guy with big upside for another, it depends who you have a better feeling about.
northernpackfan
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby toof90 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:52 pm

I would definitely decline the original offer

Try getting decker. He'll have a very good year with peyton as his qb!

Please help: viewtopic.php?t=513317
toof90
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 9)

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions