Brady/Jimmy Graham or Brees/Gronkowski? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Brady/Jimmy Graham or Brees/Gronkowski?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Brady/Jimmy Graham or Brees/Gronkowski?

Postby Minnesota Guy » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:10 pm

Which QB/TE combo would you rather have on your team?

Tom Brady and Jimmy Graham

Drew Brees and Rob Gronkowski

Tom Brady and Rob Gronkowski

Drew Brees and Jimmy Graham
Minnesota Guy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Brady/Jimmy Graham or Brees/Gronkowski?

Postby Jason497 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:27 am

Brady and Gronkowski.

I would say Brees and Gronkowski but idk, my gut keeps telling me NO is headed for a crash and burn season in 2012 and Brady is safer to me.
Jason497
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 41)

Postby BurritoBoy » Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:54 am

I'd go with Brady and Gronk. Brady has constantly been consistent, and with all the new WRs brought into NE, I am expecting big numbers again this year from him, while I personally feel that this offseason will effect Brees and his numbers won't be what they were. The Saints also lost Meachem without really replacing his production that he brings. While this would lead to an increase in targets for Graham, his breakout last year combined with the loss of Meachem will lead to more attention devoted to him, while Gronk still has Hernandez, Welker and Lloyd to distract coverage. Both TEs are freaks and most matchups don't affect them, but those are just my opinions, that Brady will have a better season this year, and that Gronk is just better. Though I am a Patriot fan, so I'm a bit biased

:-b
BurritoBoy Beginner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 12)

Postby B3N1ZJAM1N » Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:29 am

I would go with Brady and Graham. NE is going hard on TE's this year. The Bo Scaife signing shouldn't affect them to badly, but there's a reason for them signing him.
B3N1ZJAM1N
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter

Postby murphysxm » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:44 am

I personally don't like having a QB and WR or TE from the same team. Too reliant on one team every week. That being said, I rank Brees higher than Brady and I have Graham above Gronk. I simply don't see any scenario where Gronk improves on last year. Graham has only been playing football for like 3 years and is scratching the surface. Yes the Saints will be a mess, more so on defense though. Brees is going to be slinging it early and often and doesn't need Sean Payton making calls to do that. Give me the Saints combo.
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 212)

Postby 11stever11 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:10 am

Can't go wrong with any of them but I prefer Brady and Graham. With the weapons the Patriots added I think it will help Brady a lot. However those weapons will take a hit on Gronks targets which is why I prefer Graham slightly.
Thanks Franchise Fan for the sig!
11stever11

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 46)

Postby srlarson » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:41 am

Brady and Graham....

NE's added a lot of weapons...so really good for Brady....but only one ball to go around...so will hurt Gronk.

I have Brady as the TOP QB this year.....I know...

Brees will be good but this will either light them up or hurt them..... Brady is safer.....But if Brees is going to be successful Graham will be a stud.....

If it's a keeper Graham definately over Gronk.....if One year very close......

Good Luck!!
srlarson
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 26)

Postby Guru13 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:40 pm

srlarson wrote:Brady and Graham....

NE's added a lot of weapons...so really good for Brady....but only one ball to go around...so will hurt Gronk.

I have Brady as the TOP QB this year.....I know...

Brees will be good but this will either light them up or hurt them..... Brady is safer.....But if Brees is going to be successful Graham will be a stud.....

If it's a keeper Graham definately over Gronk.....if One year very close......

Good Luck!!

I completely agree with this. I get a sneaking suspicion that Brady is going to break all kinds of passing records this year.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Indibuck » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:06 pm

Brady/Graham.

I still think that Graham has higher upside... he's a better athlete IMHO and is still learning the position.

I'm not a fan of QB/TE combos -- like QB/WR combos, there is too much week-to-week fluctuation in scoring. Add in the issue that if one gets hurt, both lose value, and selecting a combo is a losing bet too often. So give me Brady over Brees.

You can't go too far wrong with any of these combos, though. :-b ;-D
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 157)

Postby mzkp54 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:26 pm

Yeah I'd go with Brees/Graham. I have each ranked higher than Brady and Gronk. I think the only way Gronk can go is down from last year, and I feel like every year theres a new centerpiece to NE's offseason. As someone else said, they added several pieces, so theres even more options. I also think Brees has a few more years left in the tank, but I'm not sure if this is for just 2012 or further on as well.
mzkp54
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 233)

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions