Graham FOR Jennings & Bowe (WHIR) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Graham FOR Jennings & Bowe (WHIR)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Graham FOR Jennings & Bowe (WHIR)

Postby VIKINGFAN » Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:06 pm

Deep Roster ESPN Head to Head 14 team League. We start the following weekly,
1-QB 2-RB 3-WR 1-TE 1-WR/TE 1-RB/WR 1-FLEX SLOT

I own both Top TE in Gronkowski and Graham.....and have been entertaining several offers for Graham. One owner is really interested and has offered me the following.

I GET:
WR - G.Jennings (GB) - a top 5 WR in the NFL
WR - D.Bowe (KC) - stats dropped off last year cause Cassel was out, should bounce back.
3rd rd pick in 2012

HE GETS:
TE - J.Graham (NO) - little concerned about the "offseason" of the Saints, hence why I choose to move him rather then Gronk.
RB - F.Jones (DAL)
18th rd pick in 2012

Is that fair market value for Graham? I personally think so, and I still have the "BEST" TE in the NFL with Gronkowski locked up.
We keep 10 players yearly.

My Offseason Roster:
QB - D.Stafford
RB - A.Peterson, S.Greene, J.Starks, B.Tate, K.Hunter, F.Jones, T.Hightower, M.Leshoure
WR - L.Fitzgerald, P.Harvin, Julio Jones, K.Britt, M.Williams(TB), James Jones (GB), D.Amendola
TE - R.Gronkowski, J.Graham
VIKINGFAN
Head Coach
Head Coach

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 29)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Graham FOR Jennings & Bowe (WHIR)

Postby TruNinerFan » Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:35 pm

It's not bad offer, but I dont think the trade helps your team. Your biggest weakness is rb. I would shop graham around for rb help.

thanks to Franchise Fan for the sig!!!!!
TruNinerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 156)

Postby VIKINGFAN » Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:42 pm

TruNinerFan wrote:It's not bad offer, but I dont think the trade helps your team. Your biggest weakness is rb. I would shop graham around for rb help.

I agree RB is a need.....but I doubt I get a better offer then this, he doesn't have any RB available (Gore) doubt he moves him to me.

Remember I can only keep 10 guys from that offseason roster, Peterson will be kept and probably punt away the rest of the RBs. The NFL is basically a passing league now anyways. With Fitzgerald Jennings Bowe Harvin Britt And Julio Jones I am set at WR.
VIKINGFAN
Head Coach
Head Coach

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Jason497 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:46 pm

The thing I notice is you already have 4 stud WRs and only 2 legit scoring RBs, if I felt compelled to move Graham I'd try to find someone willing to deal a RB.

You can start both TEs on a weekly basis in this setup, plus Graham gives you injury insurance/bye week help, so again I wouldn't feel so compelled to move him especially if it was a PPR.

Since I project your keepers as

Stafford
AP
Greene
Starks/Tate
Fitzy
Harvin
Julio
Britt
Gronkowski
Graham

The trade nets you Jennings/Bowe/3rd for Graham/Britt (or Starks/Tate). I'm high on Britt despite the knee injury, so I'd have a hard time dropping him back into the pool, and you end up even weaker at RB if you dump the 3rd RB. Not much is gonna be there in essentially the 11th round+
Jason497
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 41)

Postby Jason497 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:51 pm

I agree the value is decent but like someone else said I don't see how it helps your team much unless you can flip one of the WRs for a RB.
Jason497
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Bherman13 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:17 pm

If I were you, I would shop Gronk around instead. Sell high on him and get a stud RB. Graham will repeat, Gronk won't. Graham has less competition this year while Gronk has more.
Bherman13
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby murphysxm » Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:22 pm

In a format that allows me to start both Gronk and Graham, I'm not moving either one of them unless I am blown away with an offer. I am not blown away.
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 212)

Postby gfriley » Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:43 pm

I agree with the other guys you need a RB. You may have to wait longer but id hold out for a good RB. Graham is going to get a lot of headlines heading into the season. Wait for a RB
gfriley
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Indibuck » Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:20 pm

murphysxm wrote:In a format that allows me to start both Gronk and Graham, I'm not moving either one of them unless I am blown away with an offer. I am not blown away.

This.

You have a HUGE advantage over the rest of the league at TE, and as such, you can deal from a position of strength. Both TEs produce like WR1s.

And I agree with the others that RB is your weakness, not WR. I would float some offers for either Gronk or Graham and see if you can pick up a solid RB1. Otherwise I would hold tight and see what I could develop at RB through the draft/WW.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 157)

Postby Jason497 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:32 pm

Yeah especially considering he might not have AP to start the year it's even more important that he focus on RBs.
Jason497
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions