Alex Green - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Alex Green

Moderator: Football Moderators

Alex Green

Postby stomperrob » Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:01 pm

Just how much will he contribute this season???

Signs point to sizable role for recovering RB Green
4:51 PM, Jun. 9, 2012
Written by Pete Dougherty

The Green Bay Packers haven’t attempted to re-sign Ryan Grant and didn’t select a running back in April’s NFL draft.

That says plenty about their plans this season for Alex Green, the second-year running back who’s less than six months into his recovery from knee-reconstruction surgery.

The Packers’ top halfback is James Starks. It appears Green is the likely No. 2 ahead of Brandon Saine, even though Green’s availability for the start of training camp remains in question.

“Not drafting a running back showed they have some faith in me,” Green said. “We’ll see how things turn out when training camp comes around.”

Green’s injury has a relatively wide window of recovery for NFL players, usually from nine months to a year. He had surgery on Nov. 16, so when camp opens in late July he’ll be a little more than eight months removed from surgery. When the regular-season opens on Sept. 9, he’ll be almost 10 months into his recovery.

con't...

more: http://packersnews.greenbaypressgazette ... |FRONTPAGE
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Alex Green

Postby mikus » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:30 am

Probably more in the second half of the season. Will take him some time to get back to speed following the knee injury.

But still ... GB running backs are frustrating from a fantasy football standpoint. Until somebody stands out, I don't really trust any of them.
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby murphysxm » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:50 am

I was really high on him, but I am starting to wonder if we will see any production at all out of him.
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 212)

Postby ssarmstro » Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:41 am

they did not draftr another RB but they did bring in Marc Tyler from USC and I think another guy. He could work well in GB zone scheme. GB has never drafted a RB high in the draft bc of their pass first offense. Not drafting one doesnt mean they are not looking. Might be looking to steal PS guys like Bobby Rainy, Polk, Bryce Brown, Graig Cooper, Tauren Pool, Lin Creer. (Remember Ryan Grant)
ssarmstro
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby stomperrob » Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:35 pm

Running backs

This is the thinnest position group on the roster.

At halfback, the Packers appear to be expecting last year’s third-round pick, Alex Green, to be ready by early in the season as the No. 2 behind James Starks even though Green will be only 10 months removed from knee-reconstruction surgery when the regular season opens. That’s an optimistic but not superhuman timetable.

Brandon Saine showed the NFL wasn’t too big for him when he replaced Green last year, but it’s still a big jump to becoming a productive player. Unless Thompson trades for a running back, Saine will be the No. 2 until Green is ready to play regularly.

Neither of the undrafted halfbacks, Marc Tyler of USC and Du’ane Bennett of Minnesota, made an impression in the offseason practices open to reporters, but halfbacks need pads and especially game settings to show what they have.

http://packersnews.greenbaypressgazette ... |FRONTPAGE
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby stomperrob » Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:27 pm

Green excited to be back on the field following knee surgery
2:08 PM, Jul. 26, 2012
Written by
Wes Hodkiewicz

For all the challenges Alex Green has faced, there’s been perhaps no greater obstacle than the recovery process involved with tearing the anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee last October.

Through the endless hours of rehab, however, the Green Bay Packers’ second-year running back set his sights on being back for the first day of training camp. Since March, he marked July 26, 2012, as his target date to return to the football field.

That day finally arrived Thursday, and as Green had hoped, he was back on the field with his teammates for the first time since suffering the season-ending knee injury in a game at Minnesota on Oct. 23.

Green took part in both individual drills and 7-on-7 team exercises on Thursday and said that while he’s still a little limited, it felt good to be back.

“It was definitely a big challenge,” said Green, the team’s third-round pick a year ago. “This one was probably the most challenging challenge mentally, physically and just getting back to doing what I love. Just trying to stay positive and not think too much about, ‘I’m hurt,’ and having that mindset of, ‘I’m not injured, I have a reconstructed knee.’”

The Packers’ faith in Green was displayed during the offseason when they made the decision to let veteran running back Ryan Grant walk and build around the young running contingent of James Starks, Green, Brandon Saine, along with undrafted free agents Du’ane Bennett and Marc Tyler.

con't...

more: http://blogs.greenbaypressgazette.com/b ... e-surgery/
stomperrob

Return to Football Talk