24 team Super League, Northern CA live draft - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Classifieds

24 team Super League, Northern CA live draft

Moderator: Football Moderators

24 team Super League, Northern CA live draft

Postby mike12 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:59 pm

The site wont allow me to post a link to the league page, but if you go to myfantasyleague com and search for Sofa King Hardcore Fantasy Football, you will find it.

This is kind of a unique fantasy football setup, but I played in a league similar last year and had a lot of fun. 24 teams, 2 conferences, with 3 divisions in each. Each conference will have 12 teams and a separate draft. During the regular 13 week season you will play only the teams in your conference. At the end of the regular season all division winners (3 from each conference) and 1 wild-card from each conference will be seeded for the playoffs. A total of 8 teams, 4 from each 12 man conference will make the playoffs and play out in a joint bracket. 3 week playoff format, winner is the Sofa King! We will pay top 4 spots in playoffs. The franchises will be randomized into conferences prior to draft day and divisions will be determined by draft position. Pick 1 division 1, pick 2 division 2, pick 3 division 3, pick 4 division 1, etc...

The site may look a little basic at first, but after using this host last year, there is a lot of upside. First and foremost, the ability to have separate conferences. But also the site offers automated text messaging for a variety of things, such as trade proposals, scoring updates on Sundays, etc. The site does have an iPhone, Android, and Blackberry app, that allows you access to the league standings, scores, schedule, etc. Unlimited options for scoring, waivers, and other league rules.

1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1RB/WR/TE 1K 1DST. 16 man rosters. 1/2 point per reception, 6 points for all TDS, and decimal scoring, this means .1 point per yard rushing/receiving not 1 point per 10 yards. Passing yardage will be .2 points per 5 yards. All other scoring is standard.

The free agent process as well as many of the scoring rules have been adapted from the WCOFF (World Championship of Fantasy Football). The free agent/waiver process will be as follows. It is known as a Blind Bidding format. All teams start the season with $1000 FA dollars. From kickoff of game 1 of each week, thru Tuesday evening you will be able to bid on any free agent in the pool, you will not see what other teams interests or bids are. Tuesday at approx. 5 or 6 pm all free agents will be awarded to the highest bidder. If you you bid but do not win the player you will keep your FA dollars. If you win the player those dollars are automatically deducted, with no way to replace them throughout the year, so don't spend it all in one place... From Tuesday evening through the start of game one of each week all players in the pool are available for add at no cost.

Drafts will be held at the end of August, either the 19th or the 26th. Please be available in person as this will NOT be an internet draft. Draft will take place at a TBD place, maybe Buffalo Wild Wings in Fairfield??

$200 entry

1ST Place-$1600+Trophy

2ND Place-$1000

3RD Place-$600

4TH Place-$200

Most Total Points Scored for the Season- 42" 3D HDTV

Highest 1 Week total-$200

All Money will be payed out minus $180 league hosting fee from MFL, and $200 for draft boards, perpetual trophy, misc. expenses.

League is open to first 24 PAID teams, a huge problem we had last year was allowing teams to sign up and in some cases draft before paying league dues. This year you must pay before you are given a Franchise password. I will accept Paypal, Cash or Checks.

My contact info- Mike Carlson 707-489-1845, 916-515-9424, jmcracingteam@yahoo. The email is also the paypal acct. Please contact me with any and all questions, Most questions can be answered by checking out the site, but if you can't find it give me a call.

Everyone is welcome as long as they got money to lose! Scoregasm is taking home the inaugural season of the SOFA KING!
mike12
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Classifieds