Blackmon for Tate? (updated: Blackmon 4 Tate & Washington?) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Blackmon for Tate? (updated: Blackmon 4 Tate & Washington?)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Blackmon for Tate? (updated: Blackmon 4 Tate & Washington?)

Postby toof90 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:45 pm

I give Blackmon, I get Ben Tate

My offense.. I have no RBs on my roster lol

QB Robert Griffin III
RB
RB
WR Dwayne Bowe
WR Emmanuel Sanders
WR Justin Blackmon
TE Jason Witten

Bench
QB Kirk Cousins
QB Rex Grossman
QB Brian Hoyer
WR Santana Moss
WR Mardy Gilyard
TE Delanie Walker

Draft is over and FA bidding is soon but there is no quality RB in the free agency pool. Which isnt surprising.

So should I give Blackmon for Tate? I kind of want more for blackmon than a backup running back honestly. Yes Tate isgot his yards next year but the Texans' offense runs through Arian Foster.
Last edited by toof90 on Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
toof90
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Blackmon for Tate?

Postby murphysxm » Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:01 pm

Before I respond to your question, how does one walk out of a dynasty draft with no RB's and 4 QB's including Rex Grossman?
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 222)

Postby 11stever11 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:22 pm

I would not make that trade, Tate is behind foster until 2013 so his upside will be a RB2 at best unless Foster gets injured. Blackmon will see the majority of targets this year and if Gabbert does not play well than JAXs will get Barkley. If Gabbert does play well that is good for Blackmon as well. His short term outlook is not the best but I like his future a lot.
Thanks Franchise Fan for the sig!
11stever11

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 60)

Postby Perfectibilist » Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:36 pm

toof90 wrote:I have no RBs on my roster lol

Draft is over and FA bidding is soon but there is no quality RB in the free agency pool.

WTF happened? Did you forget about that position, or what? I don't even understand how this happens.

*Edit* - I guess I could at least give you my advice anyway, and the answer is "no". I'm hoping this is one of those 32-team leagues with IDPs and all kinds of crazy stuff; regardless you should be able to get more than Ben Tate for Blackmon. If you want accurate advice though, you should let us know how many teams in this league, if/how many keepers, IDP, all that kind of stuff so that we can get a better picture. Otherwise most people will probably skip over this thinking that you're trolling; which for your sake this season, I kind of hope you are...
Last edited by Perfectibilist on Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks to Freyaka for the sig!
Perfectibilist
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Postby BurritoBoy » Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:47 am

Perfectibilist wrote:

Draft is over and FA bidding is soon but there is no quality RB in the free agency pool.

WTF happened? Did you forget about that position, or what? I don't even understand how this happens.

Yeah I'm sitting here thinking the exact same thing. You have 1 rookie starter QB, and 3 backup QBs on the roster. Very foolish.
BurritoBoy Beginner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 12)

Postby toof90 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:00 am

11stever11 wrote:I would not make that trade, Tate is behind foster until 2013 so his upside will be a RB2 at best unless Foster gets injured. Blackmon will see the majority of targets this year and if Gabbert does not play well than JAXs will get Barkley. If Gabbert does play well that is good for Blackmon as well. His short term outlook is not the best but I like his future a lot.

this what exactly my thoughts
toof90
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby toof90 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:02 am

Perfectibilist wrote:

*Edit* - I guess I could at least give you my advice anyway, and the answer is "no". I'm hoping this is one of those 32-team leagues with IDPs and all kinds of crazy stuff; regardless you should be able to get more than Ben Tate for Blackmon. If you want accurate advice though, you should let us know how many teams in this league, if/how many keepers, IDP, all that kind of stuff so that we can get a better picture. Otherwise most people will probably skip over this thinking that you're trolling; which for your sake this season, I kind of hope you are...

I took over this team at the beginning of june. The previous owner didnt care about the league I guess so they kicked him out and replaced him with me. I had pick 1.4 and to my luck Richardson, Martin, WIlson went 1-2-3.

It is a 24 team league
All keepers
toof90
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby TruNinerFan » Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:18 pm

I would also pass on the deal. I am still stunned that you don't have 1 Rb.

thanks to Franchise Fan for the sig!!!!!
TruNinerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 156)

Postby Perfectibilist » Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:39 am

toof90 wrote:I had pick 1.4 and to my luck Richardson, Martin, WIlson went 1-2-3.

Well at least you had good enough sense to take RGIII at 1.4 and not reach for Hillman or Pead like some would have in your situation. Honestly dude, it's going to be a long rebuilding for you. I'd say try to trade Bowe and Witten for RBs and younger guys with upside; and try to get some future picks out of the deal too if you can. You chose to take over this team, which is admirable I suppose, so just stick with it and feel free to run any trades by us here for some more input. Best of luck to you.
Thanks to Freyaka for the sig!
Perfectibilist
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Postby toof90 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:35 pm

the guy upped the offer to Blackmon for Tate and Nate Washington

I cant seem to get a RB from anyone else so i think im going to do this, and try to swap Washington or one of my other WRs for another RB.
toof90
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions