MJD Trade proposal. Need help asap please. WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

MJD Trade proposal. Need help asap please. WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

MJD Trade proposal. Need help asap please. WHIR

Postby kgecklund » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:19 am

Alright Guys,

Someone in my league has sent me the following proposal.

I give - MJD and 39th pick
I get - Chris Johnson and 47th pick

It's a 2 keeper league. Right now I'm keeping Stafford and MJD but want to get rid of MJD because I think this contract holdout will get ugly.

It's standard scoring, non ppr. Also, I can keep the players for as long as I want so CJ has a little less mileage. My gut tells me to take this now before he cancels it. What do you think?
kgecklund
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 22)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: MJD Trade proposal. Need help asap please. WHIR

Postby 11stever11 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:01 am

I think it is a fair trade, I do prefer MJD slightly over Johnson but the move up in picks does even that out. Go with your gut and make the trade ;-D
Thanks Franchise Fan for the sig!
11stever11

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 69)

Postby northernpackfan » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:22 am

I agree with you, take the deal while it's still on the table. I think MJD is going to have an off year due to his holdout, and while Chris Johnson isn't a sure bet, he's a better long term keeper, especially if he rebounds to 2010 form (not to mention 2009 form).
northernpackfan
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby kgecklund » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:35 am

Its risky but i took the deal. Thanks for the advice guys.

CJ is on a better offense and I like him for a bounce back year. Im not crazy about trading down 8 picks in the 4th round but I looked at the overall rankings and the players at that point werent too big of a difference to me.

Only time will tell but atleast i know both of my keepers will be at camp and i dont have to worry about holdouts.
kgecklund
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 22)

Postby Indibuck » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:07 am

kgecklund wrote:Its risky but i took the deal. Thanks for the advice guys.

CJ is on a better offense and I like him for a bounce back year. Im not crazy about trading down 8 picks in the 4th round but I looked at the overall rankings and the players at that point werent too big of a difference to me.

Only time will tell but atleast i know both of my keepers will be at camp and i dont have to worry about holdouts.

Not a bad trade IMHO... I think the time to sell MJD is right now.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 194)

Postby illad3lph » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:35 am

i would for sure do that no question!

help me ?

viewtopic.php?t=513386
illad3lph
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 1)

Postby LS2throwed » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:12 am

Indibuck wrote:

Agreed. I'm not necessarily saying or thinking MJD will be trash this year, but who wants to be the guy who has kept him too long (Michael Turner anyone?) I'd rather get what is still very solid value for him right now and get yourself a RB you rely on more. Though CJ isn't too far away from trying to trade either, let's not forget not everyone makes it to 30 at RB. Clinton Portis fell apart when, at age 28/29?
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Dawinner127 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:16 pm

11stever11 wrote:I think it is a fair trade, I do prefer MJD slightly over Johnson but the move up in picks does even that out. Go with your gut and make the trade ;-D

I think you misread the draft picks. He gives up the better RB and moves down in the draft. 39th to 47th.

I don't like this trade for you. Yes, MJD is in a contract dispute, but the guy will play this year and moving down 8 spots in the draft just to get CJ4.24 was not worth it IMO.
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 69)

Postby Guru13 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:39 pm

I'd absolutely do this. I think CJ is going to bounce back in a big way this season and that team as a whole is headed in a far better direction. MJD is not only about to hold out, but he's had a ton of carries the last few years (now that I type that, I guess that is also the case for CJ), which is never a good thing. That and Gabbert hasn't shown anything to keep defenses from putting eight in the box every down.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)

Postby Jason497 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:44 pm

LS2throwed wrote:
Indibuck wrote:

Agreed. I'm not necessarily saying or thinking MJD will be trash this year, but who wants to be the guy who has kept him too long (Michael Turner anyone?) I'd rather get what is still very solid value for him right now and get yourself a RB you rely on more. Though CJ isn't too far away from trying to trade either, let's not forget not everyone makes it to 30 at RB. Clinton Portis fell apart when, at age 28/29?

Chris Johnson is only 6 months younger than MJD...and MJD lead the league in rushing last year...I don't think age makes a difference in a deal like this, it comes down to simply who you think will be better going forward.
Jason497
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 42)

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions