PPR Dynasty, late round questions - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

PPR Dynasty, late round questions

Moderator: Football Moderators

PPR Dynasty, late round questions

Postby pacoweaz » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:51 am

I'm in a 27 round Dynasty PPR draft right now. Coming up on my pick in round 19. Not sure how to rank some of what is left. Who would you target out of what is here? Scoring is pretty standard, 6pts all TD's, except passing (4). 1 pt per reception. No other yardage bonuses.

WR... (Need 2 or 3 more)
Bess
Hartline
Jacoby Ford
Golden Tate
Ryan Broyles
Jerome Simpson
James Jones
Amendola
Emmanuel Sanders
Benn

RB... (need 2 more)
LaMichael James
Bernard Pierce
Alex Green
Rashad Jennings
Javon Ringer
Dion Lewis

QB... (I need 1 more)
Mallett
Hoyer
Wilson
Skelton

TE... (at least 1 more)
Ladarius Green
Dwayne Allen
Zach Miller (Seattle)
Fasano
Cooley
Housler

D/ST... (would like 2 more, but 1 for sure)
Minnesota
Carolina
Tampa Bay
Jax
N.O.
Miami
S.D.
Tennessee
pacoweaz
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 22)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: PPR Dynasty, late round questions

Postby Jason497 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:20 am

pacoweaz wrote:I'm in a 27 round Dynasty PPR draft right now. Coming up on my pick in round 19. Not sure how to rank some of what is left. Who would you target out of what is here? Scoring is pretty standard, 6pts all TD's, except passing (4). 1 pt per reception. No other yardage bonuses.

WR... (Need 2 or 3 more)
Bess
Hartline
Jacoby Ford
Golden Tate
Ryan Broyles
Jerome Simpson
James Jones
Amendola
Emmanuel Sanders
Benn

RB... (need 2 more)
LaMichael James
Bernard Pierce
Alex Green
Rashad Jennings
Javon Ringer
Dion Lewis

QB... (I need 1 more)
Mallett
Hoyer
Wilson
Skelton

TE... (at least 1 more)
Ladarius Green
Dwayne Allen
Zach Miller (Seattle)
Fasano
Cooley
Housler

D/ST... (would like 2 more, but 1 for sure)
Minnesota
Carolina
Tampa Bay
Jax
N.O.
Miami
S.D.
Tennessee

My picks are in bold. For WR I like Simpson because he's going to start and Vikings have been raving about him, and Bess since it's PPR and his targets should go up with Marshall gone. If I had to pick a 3rd it'd probably be Jacoby Ford.

RB: I like Jennings, he is on a contract year and MJD is on a holdout, furthermore he has always looked impressive when given a chance.
I also like Jamichael James, the rest of the RBs there are handcuffs to elite backs but James has Darren Sproles caliber upside.

QB: I like Hoyer here, he's projected to leave NE next year for a starting job much like Matt Flynn did this year. He's also the backup to an Elite passing offense. Mallet will back him up and slide in to #2 next year so he's clearly not worth it, Russell Wilson is going to backup Flynn regardless of the lipservice and coach-speak from Carroll, and Skelton is a below average NFL talent even if he somehow gets the job after they paid Kolb a $7M roster bonus.

TE: We know Fasano is a below average fantasy TE. We know Cooley is damaged goods. We know Zach Miller did nothing last year and they added Kellen Winslow. So I'd go with an upside rookie over these guys.

I picked Housler because he's a good receiver with a chance to start in Arizona, his only real competition is Todd Heap, whereas L.Green is behind Gates (and Mcmichael maybe) in the pecking order. Dwayne Allen is going to be the blocking TE to complement Fleener so I'd pass on him.

I didn't really bother to pick a DEF because it's all a crapshoot. I'm too lazy to look at stats but I'd probably pick San Diego, I like the moves they made this offseason on that side of the ball.
Jason497
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 41)

Postby 11stever11 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:36 am

WR:
Bess-underrated PPR receiver
Sanders-decent upside but has the ability to be a nice bye week fill in
Broyles-my favorite out that group of WRs could be the WR2 on the Lions with Stafford as his QB

RB:
James-decent upside in PPR
Jennings-he has the most upside of the other backs and will be an FA next season

QB:
Skelton-he is the closest to a starting job

TE:
Miller-a high end TE3 with upside
Green-Behind Gates who will start to decline and Gates has foot problems

D/ST:
SD-can't go wrong with any of the D/ST
Thanks Franchise Fan for the sig!
11stever11

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 46)

Postby pacoweaz » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:40 am

thanks guys, I appreciate the input. I'm working a few trades, so I'm hoping to add a couple of picks in rounds 19-21. Should help round out my team nicely.
pacoweaz
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby murphysxm » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:21 pm

I really like Jerome Simpson's value this year. I think post suspension he will be a borderline #2. I like that value this late. I also like targeting Alex Green, Brian Hoyer, Housler, Broyles, Bernard Pierce and Rashad Jennings
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 212)

Postby Indibuck » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:40 pm

I am surprised by the lack of love for Hartline. I know he's not a "sexy" pick. But a few points:

1. He's slotted to be the #1 WR in MIA.
2. On only 66 targets in 2011, he amassed 549 yards as the clear #3 target.
3. Marshall and his 142 targets are gone. Bess is a slot receiver. I don't expect that Hartline gets all those targets, but you have to expect that he will see well over 100 targets. If he sees 115 targets and maintains his yards per target number, he's a 1,000-yard receiver.

Probably not a lot of TDs for Hartline, but you can do a lot worse at WR depth in the later rounds of a dynasty startup.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 157)

Postby srlarson » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:01 am

In a PPR.....the next pick should be......Amendola

I know he was gone all last year.....but remember what he did with Bradford when healthy.......

Good Luck!!
srlarson
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 26)

Postby pacoweaz » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:23 am

I ended up taking Ladarius Green and Jerome Simpson with my last 2 picks. I made a few trades too, so I don't have a pick for a couple of rounds. I'll need a D/ST next, if there are any left. But I have a good feeling that Hartline, Amendola, or Bess will be there when I pick again after that.
pacoweaz
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions