Best & Leshoure - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Detroit Lions

Best & Leshoure

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Best & Leshoure

Postby stomperrob » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:09 pm

"The only thing I will say is we're measuring Jahvid in weeks, not days," Lions coach Jim Schwartz said. "He's not day-to-day A lot of these guys are day-to-day We're measuring his progress in weeks. He's doing very well. He's working very, very hard. He's in supreme condition, and I know this, when he's cleared, he's going to be tough to handle because he'll be ready."

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/20 ... s_hea.html

While Backus was knocking the rust off, running back Mikel Leshoure continues to sit out with a hamstring strain.

"It's getting better," he said. "It's feeling good, just taking it day by day."

Leshoure, who missed his entire rookie season after tearing his Achilles tendon, was limited throughout OTAs and mini-camp. He tweaked his hamstring on the second day of camp.

"Every day is important, otherwise all these other guys wouldn't be out here practicing either," coach Jim Schwartz said. "But it's a situation where we have a player who can't do his job. (Backus) can go out and accomplish his job. Mikel is not at that point yet.

"Regardless of how much (sitting out) is affecting him, it doesn't matter if we can't get him back on the football field."

Schwartz said Leshoure has been taking part in the afternoon walk-throughs and has been active in the meetings.

"It's not like we've sent him home," Schwartz said.

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2012 ... ng-better-
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 168)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby moochman » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:36 pm

and Kevin Smith's value keeps growing. That is a very scarey thought. Wonder if we pick up a back on cuts start?

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby LA Faders » Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:16 am

Well one thing's for sure, Best will definitely be feeling some serious concussion repercussions after he retires. With all these injury issues one has to wonder if it's the backs Detroit picks or the style of their training/offense that gives them so many headaches (no pun intended). Kevin Smith is also a slight injury risk too, hopefully he stays healthy, for everyone's sake.
LA Faders
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby moochman » Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:27 am

LA Faders wrote:Well one thing's for sure, Best will definitely be feeling some serious concussion repercussions after he retires. With all these injury issues one has to wonder if it's the backs Detroit picks or the style of their training/offense that gives them so many headaches (no pun intended). Kevin Smith is also a slight injury risk too, hopefully he stays healthy, for everyone's sake.

I'll give you that the Lions haven't done a good job avoiding injury prone players, but not sure blame can be placed on their training. Best had at least two severe concussions while in college. Given what we are learning about post concussion in retired football players a strong case can be built for Jahvid Best to retire immediately.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby stomperrob » Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:36 pm

Mikel Leshoure back and practicing with Detroit Lions today
Published: Wednesday, August 15, 2012, 9:33 AM Updated: Wednesday, August 15, 2012, 12:07 PM
Anwar S. Richardson | arichar2@mlive.com By Anwar S. Richardson | arichar2@mlive.com

ALLEN PARK -- Detroit Lions running back Mikel Leshoure predicted he would return to the practice field this week.

He was 100 correct.

After missing 13 days of training camp practice due to a hamstring injury, Leshoure is back for the final day of Lions open training camp practice in Allen Park. Detroit is not in pads today, so Leshoure will not engage in any contact.

Lions coach Jim Schwartz will likely address if Leshoure will play in Friday's preseason game at Baltimore after today's practice.

Last week, Leshoure predicted he would return to practice before this week's preseason game.

"I'm starting to run now," Leshoure said. "You never know how these days go, but I hope to get back on the field next week."

Leshoure's presence helps Detroit, which has been without running back Jahvid Best throughout training camp. Lions running back Kevin Smith has received the team's first-team reps throughout most of training camp.

con't...

more: http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/20 ... racti.html
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby stomperrob » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:53 pm

Lions RB Jahvid Best likely to miss first 6 games while on PUP
1:16 PM, August 15, 2012
By Dave Birkett
Detroit Free Press Sports Writer

Jahvid Best remains in a holding pattern as he tries to return from head injuries, and with just over two weeks left in the exhibition season, the chances are good Best opens the year on the physically unable to perform list.

ESPN reported that Best is “likely” to start the season on PUP, which would make him unavailable to play for the first six weeks of the regular season but give him more time to be cleared for a return to the field.

The Detroit Lions have to finalize any PUP declarations by Aug. 31, the day after their final preseason game against the Buffalo Bills. Best and rookie cornerback Chris Greenwood opened training camp on the PUP list. Greenwood also is likely to start the season on PUP.

“He’s still week-to-week,” Lions coach Jim Schwartz said of Best today. “He can do a lot of our physical stuff. He’s not cleared for contact. But he’s doing everything in his power to get himself right. It’s just a matter of time in a lot of those things, but there’s really no updates there.”

Best suffered two concussions last year, one in the preseason and one in an Oct. 16 loss to the San Francisco 49ers that ended his season.

He also suffered at least one significant head injury in college.

con't...

more: http://www.freep.com/article/20120815/S ... it%20Lions
stomperrob

Previous

Return to Detroit Lions