MJD - holdout - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

MJD - holdout

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: MJD - holdout

Postby Wood Chipper » Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:54 am

The Jags probably only see a couple more years in him and he knows this. He wants more money before he fades off into obscurity and they just want him to play out his contract.
Wooden Icicles PPR (Horse Traders Dynasty)
Wood Chipper
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

CafeholicCafe Writer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby bagobonez » Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:05 am

To me he's almost undraftable. Unless he slips to Round 2 or something he won't be on any of my teams. I think this may actually be that rare case where both sides stand their ground and MJD ends up missing some games.

ESPN Radio made a good point this morning... MJD led the league in rushing last year and the Jaguars finished 6th in overall defense and they still went 5-11. I think the Jaguars' decision makers realize that you have to pass the ball to win in today's league (hence the signing of Laurent Robinson and the drafting of Justin Blackmon) and this may be the biggest reason the Jaguars won't feel desperate to give in to MJD's demands. I'm staying well clear of this situation.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

MJD Holdout

Postby Ek » Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:23 pm

I didn't see a thread about this, so I wanted to start one to get a sense of how worried people are about his holdout. Although as a general rule, I don't worry much about this sort of thing until at least week 3 of the preseason since they usually resolve and there's always a ton of blustery/macho language between the parties, it also isn't like Jax would be giving up a shot at the Super Bowl by making him sit. Plus, I get the impression (maybe others know better than me) that their ownership is kind of cheap and doesn't care about the fans that much.

Thoughts?
Ek
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Re: MJD Holdout

Postby m16a » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:14 pm

I drafted CJ2K last year. And over McCoy to boot. Holdout RBs and I are officially no longer on speaking terms...
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 47)

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:52 pm

Bump. Important stuff
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby LS2throwed » Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:33 am

bagobonez wrote:To me he's almost undraftable.

Says it all for me right here. I want absolutely no part of this situation, he's got a bunch of miles on his legs and missing TC for a RB is a natural disaster waiting to happen. If somebody can come up with some examples of RB's missing a majority of TC then still going on to have a good year I'd love to see them, because this won't end good 1 way or another. He won't be on any of my teams, I don't care what round he falls to.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Stelly » Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:34 pm

So now that this situation is even further along....when do cave in drafts and take a shot with MJD? 2nd round? 3rd? Whats your price?
10-Team, non-PPR

QB:
RB: R. Rice, CJ Spiller
WR: AJ Green
K:
Def:
Stelly
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby dagnuk » Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:28 pm

Stelly wrote:So now that this situation is even further along....when do cave in drafts and take a shot with MJD? 2nd round? 3rd? Whats your price?

I wouldn't draft MJD before my 3rd round pick, because if I am going to take a risky pick, it's going to be on a high upside guy like McFadden, who is the best player on the field when he's actually on the field.

That said, the second MJD signs, I will change my tune and spend a 1st rounder on him. But if he hasn't reported to training camp before my drafts, I will avoid him like the plague.
dagnuk
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafeholic

Postby moochman » Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:57 pm

I am cursed two ways. 1) Barry Sanders held out a lot and didn't miss a stride. 2) my leagues held slow drafts here so I had to take MJD 5th thinknig he'd be signed and playing game 3 of the X-season.
Still holding onto those thoughts. With a little more desperation every passing day. :-o

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby stomperrob » Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:45 pm

moochman wrote:I am cursed two ways. 1) Barry Sanders held out a lot and didn't miss a stride. 2) my leagues held slow drafts here so I had to take MJD 5th thinknig he'd be signed and playing game 3 of the X-season.
Still holding onto those thoughts. With a little more desperation every passing day. :-o

But Barry Sanders was a god sent down from Mt Olympus, all the rest are mere mortals! :-b
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 168)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk