MJD - holdout - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

MJD - holdout

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: MJD - holdout

Postby m16a » Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:18 pm

stomperrob wrote:
moochman wrote:I am cursed two ways. 1) Barry Sanders held out a lot and didn't miss a stride. 2) my leagues held slow drafts here so I had to take MJD 5th thinknig he'd be signed and playing game 3 of the X-season.
Still holding onto those thoughts. With a little more desperation every passing day. :-o

But Barry Sanders was a god sent down from Mt Olympus, all the rest are mere mortals! :-b

Was just thinking that... MJD is a great back, don't get me wrong, but Barry is very arguably the greatest RB to step onto a football field, at WORST the third greatest. Thar be a bit of a difference there. On the flipside, I understand how that can be a curse... :-b
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 47)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby moochman » Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:34 am

m16a wrote:
stomperrob wrote:
moochman wrote:I am cursed two ways. 1) Barry Sanders held out a lot and didn't miss a stride. 2) my leagues held slow drafts here so I had to take MJD 5th thinknig he'd be signed and playing game 3 of the X-season.
Still holding onto those thoughts. With a little more desperation every passing day. :-o

But Barry Sanders was a god sent down from Mt Olympus, all the rest are mere mortals! :-b

Was just thinking that... MJD is a great back, don't get me wrong, but Barry is very arguably the greatest RB to step onto a football field, at WORST the third greatest. Thar be a bit of a difference there. On the flipside, I understand how that can be a curse... :-b

In retrospect I was perilously close to blasphamous. Forgive me Barry, I will stick more needles in my Wayne Fontes voodoo doll*.

*Part of my Lions head coaches collection. :-b

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby SameSongNDance » Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:42 am

At this point, If I'm an MJD owner who didn't make sure to handcuff Jennings in the later rounds, I'd be a bit worried. Jennings is a solid runner who has proven he can shoulder the load if need be, a legit RB2 if given the chance.
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby stomperrob » Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:02 pm

moochman wrote:
m16a wrote:
stomperrob wrote:

In retrospect I was perilously close to blasphamous. Forgive me Barry, I will stick more needles in my Wayne Fontes voodoo doll*.

*Part of my Lions head coaches collection. :-b

:-b ;-D
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 168)

Postby TwentyFourSeven » Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:41 pm

First time here, I was looking for more fantasy football boards to take a look at.

I'm a Rashad Jennings owner who does NOT have MJD. The guy who had MJD isn't biting yet or getting worried it seems. I'm afraid if i hold too long, he won't be as valuable. If I give him up too early, I might not be getting my money's worth. What's a guy to do?!
TwentyFourSeven
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby LMack » Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:46 pm

TwentyFourSeven wrote:First time here, I was looking for more fantasy football boards to take a look at.

I'm a Rashad Jennings owner who does NOT have MJD. The guy who had MJD isn't biting yet or getting worried it seems. I'm afraid if i hold too long, he won't be as valuable. If I give him up too early, I might not be getting my money's worth. What's a guy to do?!

Have you been in contact with this MJD owner? He could (and probably should) be sweating a little but just doesn't want to get gouged. Rashad Jennings is more valuable to a MJD owner right now than a non-owner, so I would initiate some trade talks. I think you could get a WR4 or so back. Thats a decent haul IMO because I'm in the camp that believes MJD doesn't miss a game.
LMack
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 32)

Postby TwentyFourSeven » Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:50 pm

LMack wrote:
TwentyFourSeven wrote:First time here, I was looking for more fantasy football boards to take a look at.

Have you been in contact with this MJD owner? He could (and probably should) be sweating a little but just doesn't want to get gouged. Rashad Jennings is more valuable to a MJD owner right now than a non-owner, so I would initiate some trade talks. I think you could get a WR4 or so back. Thats a decent haul IMO because I'm in the camp that believes MJD doesn't miss a game.

I contacted him last week and he didn't seemed too worried so I said I'd check back with him within a week or so. I plan on doing so one day very soon.
TwentyFourSeven
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby joer80 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:28 pm

I got him in the 3rd round. Hope I dont regret it.
joer80
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby SameSongNDance » Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:37 pm

Did anyone see the MJD interview the other day? He looked like a confused homeless guy. I don't know where his mental state is at right now but I do know the interview made me feel even more uneasy about touching him inside the top 50.
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby Azrael » Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:21 am

The length of his holdout bothers me. Guys usually don't perform great after holding out a long time.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk