Keeper League $200 Cap, Pick up to 3 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Keeper League $200 Cap, Pick up to 3

Moderator: Football Moderators

Keeper League $200 Cap, Pick up to 3

Postby dugbrandon » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:20 am

This is our first year with keepers. Our league is set up so that most players are not kept as the price goes up each year they are kept. RBs go for $10 more each year while all other positions are +$5. The following list is what I would have to pay:

Lance Ball $15
Donald Brown $10
Tashard Choice $12
Ryan Grant $28
Early Doucet $5
Jermichael Finley $27
Larry Fitzgerald $45
Montario Hardesty $10
Mikel LeShore $12
Eli Manning $7
Brandon Marshall $23
Ray Rice $63
Kevin Smith $10
Mike Williams (TB) $25

This is a 10 team PPR league, 25 yd/pt passing, 10/rushing, 15/rec. 4/passing TD, 6/rushing/rec TD

Initial thoughts are Marshall, and Eli. Possibly Donald Brown or LeShore. Perhaps even spend the $45 on Fitz which would be about what he would go for anyhow. Calvin went for 47 last year, roddy and fitz 40, andre johnson 44, nicks 35 and a bunch of the next tier 30-25. I wouldn't be surprised to see WR go higher as RB values tumble this year.
dugbrandon
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Keeper League $200 Cap, Pick up to 3

Postby srlarson » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:55 am

In this type of format it's all about $'s below replacement value. so you are going downthe correct path...project where you think guys will go, and if you find value then that is where you go....

After that i have two philosophies:
- if it's a guy you want even if it even I may keep just to lock down a position
- if it's close, then I look at position and where others in that same area and see if I would be happy with them.

That being said....I think i would throw all back in this case......and go in with more money than everyone else.
In a 10 team league hard to keep a qb if you only play one as I see 10 viable starters that all could be top 5
(Brady, Bees, Rogers, Stafford......rivers, Peyton, newton, Ryan, Eli, Vick, Romo, cutler) don't think i would spend big on any other than Brady or Rogers, brees if signs early.

Of your Rb's...only Rice....but not @ 73, not being signed....

of your WR's.....only marshall could go there....but think i would roll the dice....

Good Luck!!
srlarson
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 26)

Re: Keeper League $200 Cap, Pick up to 3

Postby Indibuck » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:05 am

Eli and Marshall are no-brainers with your set up. I would throw everyone else back. Good luck!
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 173)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions