Beanie Wells vs Ryan Williams - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Beanie Wells vs Ryan Williams

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Beanie Wells vs Ryan Williams

Postby SameSongNDance » Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:23 am

Williams looked really good, IMO, running for those 25 yards and a TD in his last preseason match. He seems to have more upside than Beanie, and in turn, is the value pick relative to each of their ADPs. Beanie has reportedly looked sluggish in camp, leading me to believe he has to at least shake off some rust. I expect ARI to ride the hot hand, and am betting Williams comes out of the gates stronger than Beanie to start off the season.
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Football

Postby BabyArm79 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:48 am

Anytime I hear the words limp in the same sentence as RB, I avoid at all costs. People are avoiding Adrian Peterson in alot of first rounds and he's recovering fine. I'd take Williams.
BabyArm79
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Cuffs » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:53 pm

In tonight's preseason game, Wells got 6 carries for 12 yards (2.0 ypc), wells 3 for 15 (5.0 ypc). Not surprising considering wells has just come back, but this doesn't dispel the theory that Williams is the more explosive rusher right now.
Cuffs
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 35)

Postby SameSongNDance » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:56 pm

Cuffs wrote:In tonight's preseason game, Wells got 6 carries for 12 yards (2.0 ypc), wells 3 for 15 (5.0 ypc). Not surprising considering wells has just come back, but this doesn't dispel the theory that Williams is the more explosive rusher right now.

It looked about right tonight. My greatest concern is with the ARI offense as a whole. No matter how much more talented I think Williams is than Wells, if they are splitting carries and this offense is sputtering, I don't see much promise with either of them. IMO, being in ARI is limiting their upside...well Williams's upside.
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby Mizou » Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:02 am

Beanie has just been looking done in the preseason, whereas I agree that Williams seems to be recovering well.

I had drafted Beanie in an early draft league when both were said to be "doing well" with their rehab... am I nuts for just wanting to dump him outright now?
Mizou
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 7)

Postby biju » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:04 am

Cuffs wrote:In tonight's preseason game, Wells got 6 carries for 12 yards (2.0 ypc), wells 3 for 15 (5.0 ypc). Not surprising considering wells has just come back, but this doesn't dispel the theory that Williams is the more explosive rusher right now.

In all fairness, Williams had one 12 yard run in those three. I'm not saying you should discount it, but we're not talking about him getting 5 yards each carry. That O-line is awful.
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby stomperrob » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:13 am

Arizona Cardinals RB Beanie Wells out at least 8 weeks
Cardinals running back Beanie Wells was placed on injured reserve with a turf-toe injury, and won't be eligible to play in a game until Nov. 25 against the Rams.
By Kent Somersazcentral sportsWed Sep 26, 2012 6:18 PM

The cliché response to injury in the NFL is “next man up.” When it comes to Cardinals running backs, the plural form has to be used.

Starter Beanie Wells is out for at least the next seven games with a torn ligament in his left big toe. Starting fullback Anthony Sherman (hamstring) and backup running back LaRod Stephens-Howling (hip flexor) missed Wednesday’s practice.

Two new players practiced for the first time this season, and no one quite knows what the position will look like Sunday when the Dolphins come to town.

“That’s why we kept four running backs on the active roster (originally) and we feel good about it,” coach Ken Whisenhunt said after practice.

Using a new NFL rule, the Cardinals placed Wells on injured reserve/designated to return. Each team is allowed one such designation, and that player is allowed to return to practice after six weeks and to game action after eight.

The Cardinals play seven games in that time period, and the soonest Wells could return is Nov.25 against the Rams.

con't...

more: http://www.azcentral.com/sports/cardina ... ck_check=1
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby iloveny18 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:29 am

Is William Powell worth a stash? Ryan Williams might not hold up the whole season
iloveny18
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 1)

Postby stomperrob » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:38 pm

Williams is done for the year:

Ryan Williams will require surgery to repair the AC joint in his left shoulder and is done for the remainder of the season.
It's a rough blow for increasingly one of the league's most tough-luck players. Williams suffered the injury in last Thursday night's loss to the Rams. William Powell figures to be the favorite for carries in Arizona's backfield until Beanie Wells (turf toe) gets back in Week 12 or 13, although Powell is coming off a "head" injury. La'Rod Stephens-Howling and Alfonso Smith will also be in the mix for carries behind an offensive line that opens no holes. Williams will enter the 2013 season having not been a legitimately productive rusher since 2009, his redshirt freshman season at Virginia Tech. After also missing all of 2011 with a ruptured patellar tendon, Williams' long-term outlook is all sorts of cloudy. Oct 8 - 2:43 PM

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6480/ryan-williams
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby m16a » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:46 pm

stomperrob wrote:Williams is done for the year:

Ryan Williams will require surgery to repair the AC joint in his left shoulder and is done for the remainder of the season.
It's a rough blow for increasingly one of the league's most tough-luck players. Williams suffered the injury in last Thursday night's loss to the Rams. William Powell figures to be the favorite for carries in Arizona's backfield until Beanie Wells (turf toe) gets back in Week 12 or 13, although Powell is coming off a "head" injury. La'Rod Stephens-Howling and Alfonso Smith will also be in the mix for carries behind an offensive line that opens no holes. Williams will enter the 2013 season having not been a legitimately productive rusher since 2009, his redshirt freshman season at Virginia Tech. After also missing all of 2011 with a ruptured patellar tendon, Williams' long-term outlook is all sorts of cloudy. Oct 8 - 2:43 PM

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6480/ryan-williams

Tough luck for this kid. Can't seem to catch himself a break with the injuries so far in his career. Talented guy, bad situation, tough luck. Such a shame to see that combo. I wouldn't be surprised to see him gone from the NFL by 2014 or so. :-/
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk