Beanie Wells vs Ryan Williams - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Beanie Wells vs Ryan Williams

Moderator: Football Moderators

Beanie Wells vs Ryan Williams

Postby Wood Chipper » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:30 am

So I guess it is larods team for the taking
Wooden Icicles PPR (Horse Traders Dynasty)
Wood Chipper
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

CafeholicCafe Writer
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Beanie Wells vs Ryan Williams

Postby stomperrob » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:35 am

Wood Chipper wrote:So I guess it is larods team for the taking

He's kinda small to carry the full load at 185 pounds - add to that the fact that Arizona doesn't have an offensive line and it's more likley to be some kind of RBBC

According to the Arizona Republic, the Cardinals' coaching staff does not believe La'Rod Stephens-Howling is capable of holding up on 15 carries a game.
Stephens-Howling is expected to be the Cardinals' "starter" until Beanie Wells (turf toe) gets back after midseason, but he'll be far from a workhorse. He's 5'7/185, and coaches believe he "tends to wear down" over the course of seasons, even in a change-of-pace and kick return role. Beat writer Kent Somers believes the Cards "will have to add a back," naming Joseph Addai, Tim Hightower, Steve Slaton, and Cadillac Williams as possibilities. Oct 8 - 4:43 PM
Source: Arizona Republic

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/544 ... ns-howling
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby moochman » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:41 pm

Hightower seems like he would be a natural fit, given his experience in Zona. Wonder how his knee is doing?

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby stomperrob » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:36 pm

ESPN's Adam Schefter stated on SportsCenter Wednesday that William Powell will "likely" get the first crack at replacing Ryan Williams as the Cardinals' lead ball carrier.
"Unfamiliar name right now to some people," Schefter said of Powell, "but he did lead the NFL in rushing this preseason, and there's a buzz in the Cardinals' organization about him. The players believe he can do it. He'll have to prove he can during the regular season. But there are some people in the Cardinals' organization who believe Powell can get the job done for Arizona."
Oct 10 - 12:25 PM

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/ ... -jets?rw=1
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SunnydaleSpike » Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:12 pm

This has RBBC written all over it. I grabbed Stephens-Howling in my PPR league, he should have some solid value on that front. I don't expect anything approaching decent rushing totals from any of them.
Neil Young haunts my nightmares.
SunnydaleSpike
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 5)

Postby stomperrob » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:59 am

Arizona Cardinals running back Beanie Wells nearing return to field
By Kent Somers azcentral sports Wed Nov 7, 2012 4:57 PM

When NFL players talk about adjusting to the speed and power of the game, they usually are referring to opposing players.

But that wasn’t the case on Wednesday with Cardinals quarterback John Skelton. Running back Beanie Wells returned to practice after missing six weeks with a severe turf toe injury, and Skelton had to adjust.

“Yeah, that was a sight for sore eyes,” Skelton said. “We were just talking about the contradictions between the running backs that we have, with all the little guys, and then Beanie coming back. Just a big, powerful back.”

The Cardinals have tried to make do with LaRod Stephens-Howling (185 pounds), and to a far lesser extent, William Powell (207) and Alfonso Smith (208).

Wells suffered the injury in Week 3 and was placed on the injured/designated-to-return list. He became eligible to practice on Wednesday, but he can’t play in a game until Nov. 25 against the Rams.

“That’s not even the target, that’s the set date,” Wells said. “That is the day, no doubt about it. I’ve missed seven games, something like that? I’m not missing anymore.”

con't...

more: http://www.azcentral.com/sports/cardina ... field.html
stomperrob

Previous

Return to Football Talk