Just did my first mock draft, some players too low by yahoo. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Just did my first mock draft, some players too low by yahoo.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Just did my first mock draft, some players too low by yahoo.

Postby Shark1225 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:43 pm

Mendy was 143, Moreno was all the way down at 268. Yahoo isn't usually high on rookies but had Richardson #11 while Blackmon was 150-200 range?!?

Mendy - I know he was hurt but won't he be fine by game 1, I thought he was still the #1 guy in PIT. Same with Moreno, hurt, will be back, why is he WAY behind McGahee? I very much doubt McGahee will get 20+ carries while Moreno gets under 5. Am I wrong on these 2 guys? Obviously we will wait and see how training camp goes but a real shocker to me.

and of course I had to draft Randy Moss once again, call me a glutton for punishment but the dude is simply the most gifted man ever to play the position.
QB: BREES, Cutler
RB: TURNER, MCGAHEE, R. JENNINGS, Leshoure, D. Williams, Hillman, Hunter, Dwyer
WR: CRUZ, GARCON, Amendola, Edwards, D. Baldwin
TE: GRAHAM
Shark1225
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 20)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Just did my first mock draft, some players too low by ya

Postby Perfectibilist » Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:48 pm

I'm assuming these are redraft rankings? If so, I'm not surprised. Mendy says he'll be ready by week 1, but nobody really knows and I'm certainly not drafting him early if he might miss the first 8 weeks on PUP. Moreno may or may not be the number 2 in Denver anymore. They drafted Hillman, which many people love, and Fannin is healthy again and he was pushing Moreno pretty hard last season before he got hurt. Moreno is a left-over guy from the old regime and I think his days in Denver are numbered. Blackmon has another recent DUI, and is part of what could still be a rather stale passing offense. TRich was the undisputed #1 guy in Cleveland before the draft even happened. With QB a question mark for them (likely starting a 28 year old rookie), people are expecting a lot from Richardson.
Thanks to Freyaka for the sig!
Perfectibilist
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Indibuck » Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:43 pm

I think the chances that Moreno makes it out of training camp without being cut by DEN is 50/50.

Mendy has been the #1 guy in PIT for the past few years, but his stats have been uninspiring, to say the least. I think he's a good bet to start the season on the PUP list. And if Redman (and Moore/Dwyer etc.) are somewhat proficient, I'm not sure Mendy ever gets his starting gig back.

As for Blackmon -- I like him in dynasty leagues, but it's going to be tough to count on regular production in 2012 from him.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 157)

Postby Shark1225 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:24 pm

Moreno - Really so is McGahee the clear cut #1 going into camp? If so I may keep him over Roy Helu this season.

So who appears to be leading for the #1 in PIT - Redmon?

It is a dynasty league, sort of. So picking up Blackmon in round 5 or later who be a coup.
Shark1225
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Indibuck » Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:30 pm

Shark1225 wrote:Moreno - Really so is McGahee the clear cut #1 going into camp? If so I may keep him over Roy Helu this season.

So who appears to be leading for the #1 in PIT - Redmon?

It is a dynasty league, sort of. So picking up Blackmon in round 5 or later who be a coup.

I think McGahee gets the majority of the carries in DEN this year. Remember, John Fox is the head coach... the same guy who was loyal (to a fault) to his veteran RBs in CAR. Hillman and Fanin will get some looks this year as well but I think it's the McGahee show for 1 more year.

Yes, Isaac Redman appears to be the favorite to be the #1 RB in PIT. He showed promise to finish the year in relief of Mendy... and with a new OC that wants to run the ball more and the first 2 picks in the draft used on OL, he could be undervalued coming into 2012.

As for Blackmon.... I think his career upside is low-end WR1 in PPR leagues, but there's a number of obstacles he needs to overcome to get there. He needs to mature and get better QB play than what Gabbert showed last year. He's no where near the "sure bet" that AJ Green and Julio Jones were last year as rookie WRs.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 157)

Postby K0wned » Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:34 pm

Keep Helu over McGahee. Also, the guys who seem too low are there for good reason.
K0wned
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Shark1225 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:20 pm

Indibuck wrote:I think McGahee gets the majority of the carries in DEN this year. Remember, John Fox is the head coach... the same guy who was loyal (to a fault) to his veteran RBs in CAR. Hillman and Fanin will get some looks this year as well but I think it's the McGahee show for 1 more year.

Yes, Isaac Redman appears to be the favorite to be the #1 RB in PIT. He showed promise to finish the year in relief of Mendy... and with a new OC that wants to run the ball more and the first 2 picks in the draft used on OL, he could be undervalued coming into 2012.

Yes I loved that in CAR. I picked up Stephen Davis as a FA and he wound up being my week 1 starter, and produced RB1 numbers for me. ;-D We will see how camps go for my last keeper but it is now Helu or McGahee.

Redmon is a sleeper I might be able to get in round 4 or 5 (really rd. 7 or 8 when you add in the keepers), may have to reach to round 3 and be a starter from week 1 as flex or RB2. I would take that at RB:
RB1: My first round choice
RB2: Helu or McGahee
Flex: Redmon
Shark1225
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant