AJ Green Dynasty Trade - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

AJ Green Dynasty Trade

Moderator: Football Moderators

AJ Green Dynasty Trade

Postby Perfectibilist » Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:37 pm

I'm just trying to judge the value of AJ Green in a dynasty. We have 3 flex spots, so we can start 2-5 RBs and 3-6WRs. I feel like my RBs are strong, but I know that my WRs are weak. I have an owner intestested in one of my top 3 RBs, and he has AJ Green so I would like to see what his worth would be. No PPR, and RB/WR is essentially the same (1 pt per 10 yds, 6 pt TD). 12 teams, partial rosters are as follows:

Me-
RB: McCoy, DMC, ADP, DWill, Jacquizz, Vareen, Taiwan, Royster, DLewis, Fannin, Polk
WR: Nelson, Meachem, Golden, Simpson, Nelson, DWilliams, Arrington, Doss, Brazill

Him-
RB: Beanie, LawFirm, Brown, Ridley, Alex Green (that's it, only 5)
WR: Cruz, AJ, MFloyd (Ariz), Garcon, SRice, DHB, (+11 other unproved/unhighly rated/no interest)

The owner says that, to him, AJ Green has more value than DMC or ADP and would want another player too. I don't feel comfortable with that, but is that really fair value? I'm tempted to just have Nelson, Meachem and Tate start until Simpson finishes his suspension and enjoy my 5 RBs starting every week. Any advice here gentlemen? Is he right about Green's value? Should I target a different WR? Help me out here. Thanks.
Last edited by Perfectibilist on Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks to Freyaka for the sig!
Perfectibilist
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Re: AJ Green Dynasty Trade

Postby Jason497 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:11 pm

You could MAYBE make a case that AJ Green straight up is worth it in a PPR. In a NON-PPR that you can start those many RBs, he is asking way way way too much. I know it's a dynasty and WRs last longer but still...

I'd try to find a different trade partner.
Jason497
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 42)

Postby Indibuck » Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:00 am

Jason497 wrote:
I'd try to find a different trade partner.

This... although for slightly different reasons.

You're going to have to pay through the nose to acquire Green, regardless of dynasty settings. Owners invested a top-3 pick in him last year and he looks like a great bet to provide return on that investment long-term.

The other owner is right about Green being more valuable than ADP or DMC. If that makes you uncomfortable, you probably need to set your sights on a slightly lesser or slightly older WR.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 194)

Postby Perfectibilist » Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:24 am

Indibuck wrote:The other owner is right about Green being more valuable than ADP or DMC.

Well I suppose in retrospect that is a no-brainer considering AJ Green was his first round choice (initial draft) and DMC and ADP went in the 2nd and 3rd respectively. I was just really proud of the RB depth I got through the draft and am not sure if dealing one of them + a lesser player for Green helps my team that much. I hate that I can objectively evaluate trades for other people, but become too emotionally attached to my own players to be objective. Thanks Indi. ;-D
Thanks to Freyaka for the sig!
Perfectibilist
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Indibuck » Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:43 am

Perfectibilist wrote:
Indibuck wrote:The other owner is right about Green being more valuable than ADP or DMC.

Well I suppose in retrospect that is a no-brainer considering AJ Green was his first round choice (initial draft) and DMC and ADP went in the 2nd and 3rd respectively. I was just really proud of the RB depth I got through the draft and am not sure if dealing one of them + a lesser player for Green helps my team that much. I hate that I can objectively evaluate trades for other people, but become too emotionally attached to my own players to be objective. Thanks Indi. ;-D

No problem. It can be tough to separate yourself emotionally when trying to look at your team objectively.

Most, if not all, owners have similar issues to one extent or another. Use it to your advantage in making trades. Many times, you will have an intrinsic sense of how an owner feels about a player on his roster. Look for opportunities to acquire players that an owner may not have a strong attachment to, or trade players from your team that he could potentially latch onto emotionally (i.e. player is on his favorite NFL team, is from his favorite university, etc.).
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 194)

Postby Jason497 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:16 am

I guess I'm just old school and like hoarding top 10 RBs. With every QB passing for 4000-5000 yards nowadays the WR position is pretty plentiful imo.
Jason497
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 42)

Postby LS2throwed » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:09 am

Jason497 wrote:I guess I'm just old school and like hoarding top 10 RBs. With every QB passing for 4000-5000 yards nowadays the WR position is pretty plentiful imo.

Also not only that, but sometimes in fantasy you have to not try and get overwhelmed by name value. Just like right now, if you tried to trade for Calvin Johnson it would destroy whatever team you had. Only way you can get a guy like AJ, is if he's a bottom feeder, and not going to contend, and is open to improving other areas.

With your settings your better off keeping those RB's. Granted, I'd venture to see how close DMAC can get you to him. Because AJ seems like he'll have 8 more years of stud play, very durable. Can't even give DMAC half of that confidently. What type of other play does he want? Is a Vereen + a pick going to be close or does he want two studs? Because you can't give up a stud RB, plus say Meachem for AJ, that'd be too much IMO. He has Ridley, so that could entice him.

I'd find a package your suitable with moving, then shop that package to every team you can. DMAC + Vereen and maybe some picks is the most I'd do for AJ in your situation. Even with non ppr I'd much rather have AJ then a huge question mark.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Guru13 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:33 pm

Green is definitely worth DMC plus another, it just depends who that other player is. AJ Green is a monster that barring injury/catastrophe will post huge numbers for the next several years. DMC is a stud, don't get me wrong, but he's hurt all the time and who knows if next injury is going to be a big one or not. If you can avoid losing too much with the added player I'd jump on that deal in a heartbeat.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)

Postby Those About To Rock » Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:37 pm

I only do one league, and it's a keeper league. I think for any keeper/dynasty league, AJ Green is my #2 WR (behind megatron). I know a lot of people would question that, but give him time. He was absolutely amazing for a rookie, and he had a rookie QB. I'd gladly part with DMC and any of your WRs for him, then be happy for years to come.
Those About To Rock
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions