2012 pre-season stuff consolidated - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Ambulance Chasers

2012 pre-season stuff consolidated

Moderators: Indibuck, murphysxm, Football Moderators

Re: 2012 Sign-in

Postby DVauthrin » Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:08 pm

;-D. Ready to dominate.
VY fan for life
DVauthrin
Basketball Scribe
Basketball Scribe

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 17)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Chaoyi Shih » Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:30 pm

check
Chaoyi Shih
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 235)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby murphysxm » Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:30 pm

I'm in
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 257)

Postby TheLeagueChamp » Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:32 pm

Is there any chance you could put me on the waiting list? would love to join
TheLeagueChamp
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 6)

Rules/Scoring thread

Postby Indibuck » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:43 pm

I am going to begin this by saying that I know that there is no set of rules and scoring systems that will make everybody 100% happy. I have done my best to set up a traditional scoring system with generally-accepted league rules.

I have formulated a draft of a league constitution (see next post). Past experience as a long-time commish has taught me that spelling out every rule helps keeps the league in harmony. Therefore, the constitution is a little long-winded, but I can assure you that it is pretty standard stuff for redraft leagues... I did my fair share of copy/pasting from some of the leagues I am in. I did include a provision that trades must be reviewed by a commish (in lieu of a veto vote); that being said, suspicion of collusion would be about the only way I would disallow a trade. I am a believer in free-market football economics; just because I think a trade is one-sided doesn't mean that it is in the eyes of the owners making the trade... and in retrospect, I've been wrong many times on what I thought was a one-sided trade. We are all experienced fantasy players and I don't foresee having issues with trades.

As for scoring, I am going to put a few items to a vote.
1. Points Per Reception or non-PPR?
2. If PPR, .5PPR or 1.0 PPR?
3. Should passing TDs be 4 points or 6 points?
These are the two main items that vary from league to league and I would like to have a consensus on these points. Voting will take place after all 12 owners are signed in and ready to roll.

The purpose of this thread is to bring up any glaring omissions/oversights within the league constitution and/or scoring rules. It's also a chance to get questions asked and issues resolved before "etching the rules in stone".
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 227)

Re: Rules/Scoring thread

Postby Indibuck » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:05 pm

AMBULANCE CHASERS LEAGUE CONSTITUTION

1. League Info
A. Ambulance Chasers (AC) is a 12 team, head-to-head redraft league, made up of 3 conferences of 4 teams each.
B. League will be hosted at fleaflicker.com.
C. The commissioner of the league is Indibuck. The co-commissioner is murphyxsm.
1. The commissioner will have final say on any disputes that cannot be settled within this constitution.
2. In the case the commissioner is directly involved in a dispute, the co-commissioner will have the final say in said dispute.

2. Drafts and Drafting
A. Drafts will be will be hosted on fantasyfootballcafe.com under the "Ambulance Chasers" forum. Please follow established cafe rules. Don't swear and keep the trash talking at a reasonable manner, meaning don't offend anyone.
B. Draft style will be a "slow draft" done in a serpentine fashion. Owners have a time limit of 24 hours to make a selection. If an owner has back-to-back picks, both selections must be made in the same 24 hours. Owners are strongly encouraged to make their picks at their earliest convenience in order to keep the draft moving along at a good pace.
C. Draft order will be determined randomly by a third party website. Conference A will be made from the teams in draft slots 1, 4, 7, and 10. Conference B will be draft slots 2, 5, 8, and 11. Conference C will be draft slots 3, 6, 9, and 12.
D. After you have made your pick please PM the person that is up next telling them they are on the clock. However, it is ultimately each individual's responsibility to make their picks within their time frame, regardless if a PM is sent or not, so check in at the draft room frequently.
E. Draft selections should be made as follows: "1.01 Jim Brown - RB, CLE"
F. If an owner thinks they might not be able to make their pick in their allotted time, they have the option to send a pick (or list of picks) to either the commissioner or co-commissioner via PM at the Cafe site. Commissioner or co-commissioner will then post your pick for you and the draft will continue.
G. If an owner has not made a pick (or "pre-picked" as described in Article 2, section F) within their 24 hour time frame, the owner with the next pick is on the clock and can make their selection at any time within their own 24 hour limit. The draft will then continue on as usual. The owner that has missed their pick can make up their selection at any time.
1. Just like during our mock drafts, if an owner on 2 separate occasions fails to pick within their allotted time slot, they may be replaced by a new owner at the discretion of the commissioner. We want people that want to be in this league.
H. Please check the "Players Taken" thread and "League Rosters" threads in the draft room to ensure no player is selected twice. You can also perform a player search within the draft forum to ensure a player has not been taken.
1.In the event that a player has been selected twice, that owner must make a new selection. The draft will not stop to wait for the owner to make a new selection, so just like with a missed pick, the owner should make their new selection as quickly as possible.
I. After a pick you must update your Roster in the "Rosters" thread.
J. Once a pick has been made, an owner is not allowed to edit their pick. Like in cards, once it's laid, it's played.
K. Each owner MUST draft an entire starting lineup.
L. Any questions during the draft or about the draft process should be sent to the commissioner. Communication is key to making this an enjoyable experience for everyone.

3. Free Agency, Waivers, Add/Drops
A. Players not on a roster will be rewarded to teams using a blind-bid waiver system as employed on the host site. Owners start the season with $200 for blind bids.
B. The initial opening of the waiver wire will be announced by the commissioner after the end of the draft and once all rosters have been entered into the host site.
C. After the initial waiver claim period, waivers will be awarded each Wednesday throughout the preseason. There will be no free agency during the preseason.
D. During the regular season, waiver wire bids will be awarded on Wednesday. All players not awarded via waivers will enter free agency. Free agents are first-come, first-served and will be able to be claimed until the start of their game that week.
E. Owners will not be allowed to exceed a maximum of 19 players on their roster at any time.
F. Players dropped from an owner's roster will be locked for 24 before being eligible for bids.

4. Roster Info
A. Rosters will be a maximum of 19 players.
B. Starting lineups will be:
1 QB
2 RB
2 WR
1 TE
1 flex RB/WR
1 flex WR/TE
1 DEF/ST
1 K
C. Each lineup slot will lock individually at the start of the player's NFL game.

5. Playoffs
A. Each conference winner will qualify for the playoffs and be seeded 1, 2, and 3 based on record (see tiebreakers below).
B. The top 2 seeds will receive a bye in the first playoff round (NFL Week 14).
C. Of the remaining 9 teams, the top 3 also qualify for the playoffs and will be seeded 4-6, based on record and tiebreakers.
D. Playoffs occur during the NFL weeks 14, 15, and 16, and are single-elimination match-ups.

6. Trades
A. All trades will be reviewed by at least one commissioner.
B. Trades must be approved by both owners and placed in the correct thread in the forum for them to be official and finalized.
C. Draft picks may be traded prior to or during the draft. Picks that are traded while on the clock do not receive a fresh 24 hours; the pick must be made within the original owner's 24 hour timeline.
D. Trade Deadline is Saturday, 11:59 PM ET of Week 11.

7. Scoring
A. Fractional scoring will be used.
B. For QB/RB/WR/TE/K:
Passing
1 point for every 25 Passing Yards (0.04 per)
2 points for every 2 Pt Conversion Passing
4 points for every Passing TD
-2 points for every Interception

Rushing
1 point for every 10 Rushing Yards (0.1 per)
2 points for every 2 Pt Conversion Rushing
6 points for every Rushing TD

Receiving
1 point for every 2 Catches (0.5 per)
1 point for every 10 Receiving Yards (0.1 per)
2 points for every 2 Pt Conversion Receiving
6 points for every Receiving TD

Misc
-2 points for every Fumble Lost

Kicking
3 points for every Field Goal Made
2 extra points for every Field Goal Made of 50 or more yards
1 extra point for every Field Goal Made between 40 and 49 yards (inclusive)
1 point for every XP

B. For D/ST:
Returning
6 points for every Kick Return TD
6 points for every Punt Return TD

Defense
2 points for every Interception
1 point for every Sack
2 points for every Fumble Recovered
4 points for every Safety
6 points for every Defensive TD
6 points for every Blocked FG Return TD
6 points for every Missed FG Return TD
5 extra points when total Points Allowed is exactly 0
3 extra points when total Points Allowed is between 2 and 9 (inclusive)
2 extra points when total Points Allowed is between 10 and 14 (inclusive)
1 extra point when total Points Allowed is between 15 and 20 (inclusive)
-2 extra points when total Points Allowed is between 29 and 99 (inclusive)

8. Tiebreakers
A. There are no ties in weekly individual games. If two teams are tied, the tiebreakers are as follows, in order:
1. Higher bench points total
2. Most total starter Combined TDs
3. Highest individual starter score
4. Coin flip
B. For playoff seeding:
1. Best head-to-head record
2. Best division record (same division only)
3. Most average points/game
4. Hardest schedule (record)
5. Hardest schedule (points)

9. Other/Misc.
A. Cheating will not be tolerated and is grounds for immediate dismissal from the league.
B. When in doubt about any rule or situation, your best option is to PM either the commissioner or co-commissioner first for clarification. Proper communication by all parties will solve the vast majority of issues that we may encounter.
C. Have fun!
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Dolfan19 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:46 pm

First of all, thanks Indi for taking the time and effort to set up and run this league. ;-D I can imagine it will be a very fun and competitive league, which I have been looking for.

Also, I'm not sure how to do the voting to allow for compromise, because while I am in favor of non-PPR, I would be willing to change my vote and compromise to PPR if it were only .5 PPR.

Lastly, 8 playoffs teams out of 12 seems a little weird to me. I know it allows for continued interest for struggling teams, but this league doesn't strike me as one that has any quitters in it. I think 6 teams with the top 2 seeds getting a bye in week 14 would be a really good format. I will be happy playing no matter what, but I'm guessing this format would be popular and might be good for a vote.
Dolfan19
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby Indibuck » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:56 pm

Dolfan19 wrote:First of all, thanks Indi for taking the time and effort to set up and run this league. ;-D I can imagine it will be a very fun and competitive league, which I have been looking for.

Also, I'm not sure how to do the voting to allow for compromise, because while I am in favor of non-PPR, I would be willing to change my vote and compromise to PPR if it were only .5 PPR.

Lastly, 8 playoffs teams out of 12 seems a little weird to me. I know it allows for continued interest for struggling teams, but this league doesn't strike me as one that has any quitters in it. I think 6 teams with the top 2 seeds getting a bye in week 14 would be a really good format. I will be happy playing no matter what, but I'm guessing this format would be popular and might be good for a vote.

Thanks for the reply and input.

As for the PPR, you can vote NO to PPR and vote . 5PPR for the 2nd question. Obviously, if there is enough "no" votes for PPR, question number 2 is moot.

As for number of playoff teams.. I went with 8 over 6 for a few reasons. First, to keep the regular season more interesting longer for more people. Second, having 3 conferences means one conference winner doesn't get a bye in a 6-team scenario. That's my reasoning behind it, but I'm certainly not married to the idea of 8. That's another item we can vote on.
Indibuck

Postby murphysxm » Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:26 pm

I kind of agree that 8 in the play offs seems like a lot. I think I'd rather go with 6 and have a division winner not get the bye or make it two divisions instead of three. Only other thing I noticed is the note that each team has to draft a full team. I'm a fan of not being forced to draft kickers and DST's. Is there a compelling reason behind forcing it?

thanks for getting this rolling!
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 257)

Postby Indibuck » Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:28 pm

murphysxm wrote:I kind of agree that 8 in the play offs seems like a lot. I think I'd rather go with 6 and have a division winner not get the bye or make it two divisions instead of three. Only other thing I noticed is the note that each team has to draft a full team. I'm a fan of not being forced to draft kickers and DST's. Is there a compelling reason behind forcing it?

thanks for getting this rolling!

Deeper rosters. You still have 17 rounds to get your 8 starters and 9 backups.

That's 204 total of QBs, RBs, WRs, and TEs. IMHO that's a pretty good number for several reasons.
1. Deep enough rosters that you can stash a player or three that are your faves to break out.
2. Most of the potential talent will be rostered, but there will be a few players left on the WW for the eventual injury/ineptitude replacements that will be needed. In other words, I wanted a league where the waiver wire was thin but not completely void of talent.
Indibuck

PreviousNext

Return to Ambulance Chasers